What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

10 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

I think this one's a sleeper guys. Hidden gem. Universally loathed therefore underrated. Illusion of Plentitude is in full effect. Buybuybuy!

I like it as well (cool set from a cool episode).

Unless you are being sarcastic - in which case, I am the only one.

Edited by KShine
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I think once the show is back on interest will be drummed up again

The fact that Lego released an almost identical AT-ST won't help. Yes, there will be collectors who want this one but for most buyers, there is a close enough substitute if they want an AT-ST. And the Mandalorian AT-ST was a solo operation, so you don't even have army builders needing a dozen or so. I'll be happy if I can unload them and break-even. 

Edited by BrickLover80

9 hours ago, BrickLover80 said:

The fact that Lego released an almost identical AT-ST won't help. Yes, there will be collectors who want this one but for most buyers, there is a close enough substitute if they want an AT-ST. And the Mandalorian AT-ST was a solo operation, so you don't even have army builders needing a dozen or so. I'll be happy if I can unload them and break-even. 

The Cara Dune minifig appearing in the light cruiser set doesn't help too. At one point I remember the minifig was reaching 20 bucks on bricklink. All part of the lego speculation game. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
36 minutes ago, spener90 said:

The new Rivendell set. Honestly, feels unimpressive for $500. Definitely nice, but that is a good chunk of change. Personally think Hogwarts is better.

And now the house GWP is gone. I'm no longer on the fence about it (Rivendell) and will wait until better opportunity.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, spener90 said:

The new Rivendell set. Honestly, feels unimpressive for $500. Definitely nice, but that is a good chunk of change. Personally think Hogwarts is better.

30 minutes ago, Belac said:

And now the house GWP is gone. I'm no longer on the fence about it (Rivendell) and will wait until better opportunity.

I bought it with both GWP, glad to see the House GWP is gone so fast. From everything I have seen and read this is the most over designed lego set ever made using a team of 3 lego masters including Mike P. who by far designes the best builds IMO. They even upgraded their website to show off some of the features of the set. Also no duplicate bag numbers based on AFOL feedback to help the build flow smoother.

I used $100 reward and sold the Minifigures to help soften the blow and I am anticipating this being an amazing build but can definitely see why anyone would hold off on the $500 price. 

Edited by Pseudoty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
10 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

My costco has those $45 community centers but I am gated and it jsut came out so I am passing. Was that the wrong call

I don't think so.  Two years out for retirement.  There's a lot of Costco stuff that has taken awhile to appreciate.  Lot of storage and funds tied up in the meantime.

"If" I had the room I may have gone in but this has been a big buying season and my warehouse is pretty maxed out.