What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

Did not buy these yet, thoughts? Still available near me at 25% off these prices.

75258 SW Anakin’s podracer $29.99

41380 friends lighthouse rescue $59.99

41367 friends Stephanie’s horse jumping $39.99 (bought 6 already).

75242 SW Ace Tie Interceptor $49.95

75250 SW pasaana speeder chase $39.95

May I know what store? I would get 75258
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Anything Star Wars related.  I find it fascinating that I have this much apathy in me.  Normally, the possibility of profit would compel me to buy even when I do not like a brand.  Looks like I am losing a few hundred bucks easy QF profit by sitting this weekend out and I am ok with that.  I know I am just 1 small voice, but I cannot bring myself to support a company that openly endorses cancel culture like Disney/LucasFilms

🐉

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, coelian said:

Saw some goodies yesterday. 

IMG_20210612_152023.jpg

Last wave of Star wars buildables were winners. Hope you grabbed those darth mauls, not the most desirable set of the last wave (think boba fett was the best), but should still be an easy 2/3 x RRP price on eBay.

5 hours ago, Voltron said:

Last wave of Star wars buildables were winners. Hope you grabbed those darth mauls, not the most desirable set of the last wave (think boba fett was the best), but should still be an easy 2/3 x RRP price on eBay.

I did a quick search on my local selling platform and bricklink, they don't do so well so I gave the darth mauls a miss. I don't sell on ebay. 

• 3 months later...
It appears a good amount of Monkey Kid sets are now available on Amazon.com.

That’s an interesting development. I wonder if they’re shifting their market from Asia to a broader audience? Some really creative sets within the theme. Shame few folks in the USA know about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/12/2021 at 6:54 PM, Mark Twain said:

That’s an interesting development. I wonder if they’re shifting their market from Asia to a broader audience? Some really creative sets within the theme. Shame few folks in the USA know about it.

I noticed they were listed, 4-5 of them I am eligible to sell, the other ones are gated. Weird they would pick and choose.

It appears a good amount of Monkey Kid sets are now available on Amazon.com.

I saw on a YouTube video from Emmasaurus on one of her shopping vlogs that she mentioned her Lego store no longer had any Monkey Kid sets in it. I don't live near any stores to see if it was just hers or other stores as well. Maybe Lego are giving up on this line at least in the US and liquidating the sets through Amazon?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I saw on a YouTube video from Emmasaurus on one of her shopping vlogs that she mentioned her Lego store no longer had any Monkey Kid sets in it. I don't live near any stores to see if it was just hers or other stores as well. Maybe Lego are giving up on this line at least in the US and liquidating the sets through Amazon?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Oh wow, be on the lookout, I guess.

Still in some stores, some stores just don't carry after a certain wave ,  
the Amazon move would have more to do with the series that started on prime in September.  Perfect marketing.

Agreed. The kiddos got the Amazon toy catalog in the mail and have been pouring through it. There’s a full page ad for Monkee Kid along with a plug for the show. Certainly looks like an expansion to me.

23 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Agreed. The kiddos got the Amazon toy catalog in the mail and have been pouring through it. There’s a full page ad for Monkee Kid along with a plug for the show. Certainly looks like an expansion to me.

Has anyone (or anyone's kids) watched the show? I wonder if it's any good. If it were to take off, the sets that are going now could be a good buy, especially if Lego does 20 or 30 percent off for BF.

1 hour ago, BrickLover80 said:

Has anyone (or anyone's kids) watched the show? I wonder if it's any good. If it were to take off, the sets that are going now could be a good buy, especially if Lego does 20 or 30 percent off for BF.

I think they just launched it on Prime last month in the US, so time will tell. 

• 4 weeks later...