What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

1 minute ago, MarleyMoose said:

The seller wanted $650 for all of it. 

00S0S_jFMPn0z5ODD_0lM0t2_600x450.jpg

00w0w_6vsBBiG6gdW_0lM0t2_600x450.jpg

Seems ok to me. Has brick Bank/ Detective office/ ideas old fishing store.

If you haggled might of get some more off.

I personally don't bothered with used sets anymore as too much hassle trying to bricklink missing pieces/ minifigs etc, rather just deal with brand new sets less time consuming 

2 minutes ago, Voltron said:

Seems ok to me. Has brick Bank/ Detective office/ ideas old fishing store.

If you haggled might of get some more off.

I personally don't bothered with used sets anymore as too much hassle trying to bricklink missing pieces/ minifigs etc, rather just deal with brand new sets less time consuming 

I thought it was a good deal and would of paid the $650. Kept the modulars and sold off the rest.  Just was too late

Edited by MarleyMoose

• 2 weeks later...

Met someone local today who was selling a used Venator for $250 that he said was complete with box and instructions and unused sticker sheet. I offered $150, he accepted. We met up and I looked through it, it had the box, instructions and stickers as stated, but the only minifigure was a combat droid that didn't even belong with the set. He said that he forgot the minifigs at home and that he would knock another $50 off the price and deliver the minifigs to me later. The box was full of random colored pieces that I knew didn't belong at all to the Venator. It's a shame because I have bought and sold 3 Venators already and they have been great money makers for me.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

I had my eye on a couplefew of those final round of hidden side sets. once countdown at target for the available date ended they all said sold out then vanished.  Maybe they didn't even make any after retirement news.?. They are still listed at Lego Shop at Home. available Sep 1 but I'm not so sure now.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Belac said:

I had my eye on a couplefew of those final round of hidden side sets. once countdown at target for the available date ended they all said sold out then vanished.  Maybe they didn't even make any after retirement news.?. They are still listed at Lego Shop at Home. available Sep 1 but I'm not so sure now.

i noticed this as well.  i was looking for them after midnight and also this morning.  also not showing up when you search the target website but can still find the pages if you google them and they show sold out.  when i track the dcpi - it comes up not found.  wtf.  none on walmart tracker either.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

When you fell asleep and missed out on the hottest QF of the week from Target and LEGO Shop at Home :(

Just woke up.

#westcoastbestcoast

Except for right now when there's no way I would've got this unless I stayed up all night. :smile:

Edit: Apparently I forgot to check before I went to sleep. #epicfail. 

Edited by minicoopers11
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shortbus311 said:

I responded to this posting on OfferUp 11 minutes after it was posted (for $50). I have some new stiff competition in my area for used Lego unfortunately. a55f8f161c8bc8822ddf192d6e44b08a.jpg

any tricks for figuring out when something is posted on Offer-Up, Letgo, etc?  I've looked at IFTTT triggers and a few other things but havent figured anything out.

• 2 weeks later...

Returning 5 21047 LV to Lego UK as the boxes were double-sealed and scuffed on the front. This is in addition to the 16 soaked ones rejected from IWOOT.

It seems like the latest stock could be reprocessed returns or from stores?

I'll not risk ordering LV again, over to you, Joney?

My 2 21317 SBW from Lego UK wasn't too clever either, but 1 is a present and I'm building the other. Perhaps I should've ordered 4 and got a sealed carton?

LOL - I've returned more than I've kept since July!

19 minutes ago, BorderTerrier said:

Returning 5 21047 LV to Lego UK as the boxes were double-sealed and scuffed on the front. This is in addition to the 16 soaked ones rejected from IWOOT.

It seems like the latest stock could be reprocessed returns or from stores?

I'll not risk ordering LV again, over to you, Joney?

My 2 21317 SBW from Lego UK wasn't too clever either, but 1 is a present and I'm building the other. Perhaps I should've ordered 4 and got a sealed carton?

LOL - I've returned more than I've kept since July!

do you keep anything, you are not going to last 5 mins....

Edited by joneyyy1981