What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

2 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

I am still not convinced @joneyyy1981and @BorderTerrier isn't Tabbyboy just going back and forth with himself. 

I'm also thinking that all the moderators on here could be the same person. I don't know who the KingPin on here is, but I'd have expected them to have stepped in by now as they're bound to know who is who.

I'm also thinking that all the moderators on here could be the same person. I don't know who the KingPin on here is, but I'd have expected them to have stepped in by now as they're bound to know who is who.

I’m a little offended that Exciter and I might be the same person.

More offended on behalf of Exciter than myself. But offended none-the-less.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Someone wants to trade a built-once UCS Millennium Falcon 75192 for a Disney Castle, but I have to foot the shipping of the Castle to the person, and also for the Falcon to get shipped to me.  I get decent shipping rates so I'm not overly worried about that.  

The problem?  I don't really want/need the 75192 MILF.  

Anybody interested in this deal?

Someone wants to trade a built-once UCS Millennium Falcon 75192 for a Disney Castle, but I have to foot the shipping of the Castle to the person, and also for the Falcon to get shipped to me.  I get decent shipping rates so I'm not overly worried about that.  

Would make a huge difference to know where the person is for sets that large.

4 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:
7 hours ago, ichiroll said:

Would make a huge difference to know where the person is for sets that large.

Georgia

4 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

really curious to know if hundreds of BPers or just of couple of force wielders that moved the market on that one

its really not that hard to do tbh. i personally have a friend with a dozen amazon accounts. if i wanted, I could have bought 300+ units pretty easily. So Im sure the big players have their ways as well.

5 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

its really not that hard to do tbh. i personally have a friend with a dozen amazon accounts. if i wanted, I could have bought 300+ units pretty easily. So Im sure the big players have their ways as well.

There was no purchase limit. I could have bought all of them for the discount price of 129860.01$. Multiple Amazon accounts is possible but VERY dangerous to maintain. Amazon is very very very good at linking accounts together so you have to be diligent keeping activity separate. Would not recommend. 

I put 100 in my cart, went to poop then came back to my computer and they were gone. Sh*t out of luck. I expected Amazon to have a larger restock (you never really know). Based on the restocks that came in for Harry Potter sets I didn't want to risk being stuck with 1k+ of Star Wars sets.

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps we need an Amazon "shame" tracker.

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Bottle-Building-Collectible-Display/dp/B078VVLQ6J -- $169.99, just a mere 142% mark-up.  Maybe they didn't think we'd notice the extra '1'.

Editing to add other's I found today:

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Tantive-Building/dp/B07NDYHY8S -- $339.99

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-Expert-Martin-Building/dp/B07FQ3KF2B -- $288.99

Edited by TheBrickClique

59 minutes ago, TheBrickClique said:

Perhaps we need an Amazon "shame" tracker.

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Bottle-Building-Collectible-Display/dp/B078VVLQ6J -- $169.99, just a mere 142% mark-up.  Maybe they didn't think we'd notice the extra '1'.

Editing to add other's I found today:

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Tantive-Building/dp/B07NDYHY8S -- $339.99

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-Expert-Martin-Building/dp/B07FQ3KF2B -- $288.99

rather they do this than undercut the reseller market with post EOL msrp stock to drum up the seller count and encourage returns.

in the case of ship in a bottle, its a remarkable act of mercy allowing reseller scum 2 exit their position with a modicum of profit and respect.  ok, maybe just  profit.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

CL lot. Buyer asking $700, I offered $500. He dropped to 675. Price is good but it's going to be some work. Am I foolish for passing? All sets complete and bagged individually. 

MetalBeards Sea Cow - 2741 pieces
Voltron - 2321 pieces
Ninjago: Destiny's Bounty - 2291 pieces
Lego Movie: Benny's Spaceship - 930 pieces
Lego Batman Movie: Joker's Lowrider - 432 pieces
Lego Batman Movie: Batmobile - 581 pieces
Star Wars: Vulture Droid - 204 pieces
Lego City: Harvester Transport - 357 pieces
x2 Scooby Doo: Mystery Machine - 602 pieces
x2 Scooby Doo Mystery Plane - 256 pieces
Scooby Doo Mummy Museum - 110 pieces
x2 Scooby Doo Haunted Lighthouse - 874 pieces
Scooby Doo Mystery Mansion - 860 pieces
Architecture Eiffel Tower - 321
Lego Beetles Submarine - 553

31 minutes ago, marcandre said:

CL lot. Buyer asking $700, I offered $500. He dropped to 675. Price is good but it's going to be some work. Am I foolish for passing? All sets complete and bagged individually. 

MetalBeards Sea Cow - 2741 pieces
Voltron - 2321 pieces
Ninjago: Destiny's Bounty - 2291 pieces
Lego Movie: Benny's Spaceship - 930 pieces
Lego Batman Movie: Joker's Lowrider - 432 pieces
Lego Batman Movie: Batmobile - 581 pieces
Star Wars: Vulture Droid - 204 pieces
Lego City: Harvester Transport - 357 pieces
x2 Scooby Doo: Mystery Machine - 602 pieces
x2 Scooby Doo Mystery Plane - 256 pieces
Scooby Doo Mummy Museum - 110 pieces
x2 Scooby Doo Haunted Lighthouse - 874 pieces
Scooby Doo Mystery Mansion - 860 pieces
Architecture Eiffel Tower - 321
Lego Beetles Submarine - 553

just quick math in my head I see around 1100 in there conservatively. Thats lots of work to make 425 before fees and taxes.

For personal use? Great deal. For a picker, just so so. I see your hesitation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Stages of used lot purchases

1. The initial adrenaline rush

2. The critical calculations

3. The negotiating

4. The purchase

5. Much smaller adrenaline rush followed by a reality check

5.2 - Meticulously building the sets contained in the lot

5.4 - Tediously checking colors and parts list

5.6 -  Creating mundane lists of missing parts

6. The regret - creating bricklink lists for missing parts

6.5 - More regret when you realize you have to go to five different bricklink stores (most of which are across an ocean from you) to find the parts to complete just one set

7. Much more regret - realizing the missing parts only come in the one set you're trying to build and buying them costs as much as the lot itself.

I agree with your assessment.  However, having done this a few times I hope you don't mind that I clarified / added a few points.

• Like 4

Saw a few sets in Target today that I was surprised to see. I saw 2x Elf Clubhouse, 2x Creator Expert Mustang and 2x the new Flower Bouquet.

My Target has had barren shelves since about a week before Christmas. Seems like they are pushing some of the stuff that they typically only sell online out to the stores just to get things on the shelf.

They also had the new HP books and some of the new Ninjago and Friends sets.

Did not buy these yet, thoughts? Still available near me at 25% off these prices.

75258 SW Anakin’s podracer $29.99

41380 friends lighthouse rescue $59.99

41367 friends Stephanie’s horse jumping $39.99 (bought 6 already).

75242 SW Ace Tie Interceptor $49.95

75250 SW pasaana speeder chase $39.95
I like horses.
  • Like 1