Retiring Soon - open speculation

Just now, lazuli16 said:

I've been waiting for the Statute of Liberty to take it's turn on the remake rodeo. Maybe next year. 

True that. Probably with a large base.  I was looking at my personal Eiffel Tower and was wondering if I should raffle it off.  It seems every iconic set will be redone at some point.

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

how about on of them ubiquitous "monolith" that pops up here and there?

In chrome bricks.  Great idea.

18 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

True that. Probably with a large base.  I was looking at my personal Eiffel Tower and was wondering if I should raffle it off.  It seems every iconic set will be redone at some point.

In chrome bricks.  Great idea.

with the clear popularity of the botanicals...the time seems ripe for LEGO to venture into the world's great Parks and Monuments...Yosemite and Tunnel View would be epic (and heaven knows there's tons of LEGO RV sets to complete the picture...or Grand Tetons...that silhouette  alone would be nice...maybe even a Mt. Rushmore

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, redghostx said:

Town Hall was once advertised too...

9 minutes ago, eliminator said:

My local store is "predicting" it to be discontinued this summer. 

and neither means anything . . .

2 hours ago, eliminator said:

I got a copy of the latest catalog from the store. Assembly Square still advertised.  

1B84A97A-0835-447E-86CA-9913F35C193F.jpeg

11 minutes ago, eliminator said:

My local store is "predicting" it to be discontinued this summer. 

means nothing :=P

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

2021 going to have some epic retirements me thinks. can see a double modular retirement & some awesome Creator sets leaving also some nailed on winners in the ideas chopping block.

Which Ideas sets are you thinking? Treehouse?

Does feel like 2021 could see a lot of retirements.

5 minutes ago, Lego Benito said:

Which Ideas sets are you thinking? Treehouse?

Does feel like 2021 could see a lot of retirements.

I see 3 scenarios:

• massive un-announced retirements due to CV uncertainty
  • minimal retirements (even those on the list) but prolonged and extensive amounts of scarcity (ie OOS/OS dance)
  • The list was mostly right and it's like most years w/ some un-announced sets "disappearing" 

Treehouse has been scarce since early Nov (I think); but I wouldn't personally tie up capital on any $100+ IDEAS sets

• Like 1

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Treehouse has been scarce since early Nov (I think); but I wouldn't personally tie up capital on any $100+ IDEAS sets

My local store has lots of lingering stock of retired sets (Vestas, Tantive IV, VW T1s, etc) and high demand current and new sets....yet I haven't seen the Treehouse since Black Friday. Manager says there's none coming on the next two shipments. 

• Like 1

My local store has lots of lingering stock of retired sets (Vestas, Tantive IV, VW T1s, etc) and high demand current and new sets....yet I haven't seen the Treehouse since Black Friday. Manager says there's none coming on the next two shipments. 

Which store is that? Looking to pick up b another Tantive.

14 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I see 3 scenarios:

• massive un-announced retirements due to CV uncertainty
  • minimal retirements (even those on the list) but prolonged and extensive amounts of scarcity (ie OOS/OS dance)
  • The list was mostly right and it's like most years w/ some un-announced sets "disappearing" 

True...although, the OFS is doing very well, isn't it?