Retiring Soon - open speculation

2 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Anyone have a retirement opinion on the Ninjago Land Bounty? Came out in 2019 but there is a current Bounty released in 2020...seem weird to have both versions on the shelf for much longer.

Not on any retirement lists, but we know they are not exhaustive.

It's on stonewars list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Anyone have a retirement opinion on the Ninjago Land Bounty? Came out in 2019 but there is a current Bounty released in 2020...seem weird to have both versions on the shelf for much longer.

Not on any retirement lists, but we know they are not exhaustive.

Sold Out on SAH, which usually indicates it's retiring (as opposed to TOOS).

20 minutes ago, landphieran said:

it is temp out in usa and on back order with mid January availability over seas think it is staying around 

Edited by starwarsxpress
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, landphieran said:

Just saw this and was thinking the same thing.  So much for hoping for another 30% off sale on these before the end.  Or is it...  

10 hours ago, landphieran said:

poof

got a couple at $119 just now.  A year or so ago these were down to $80-ish and I shunned them because it looked so lame. Has been on sale around $99 for many times as well.

Anyway, FOMO got me thinking that there's now a good chance this castle shows up in various shows (outside of its brief cameo in Rogue One)...making it potentially highly prized. 

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

got a couple at $119 just now.  A year or so ago these were down to $80-ish and I shunned them because it looked so lame. Has been on sale around $99 for many times as well.

Anyway, FOMO got me thinking that there's now a good chance this castle shows up in various shows (outside of its brief cameo in Rogue One)...making it potentially highly prized. 

Followed your lead, ordered some. Now, Amazon restocked with more than 999. Should I cancel my order? 😀

I ordered 31097 3-in-1 Townhouse at WM last night. Today, it drop-shipped directly from Lego. I assume if Lego is distributing it that means it won't retire. It wasn't on the list but other 2019s are done and previous houses in that line haven't lasted 2 years either.

Also interesting for a stock availability. The set is clearly available to be shipped yet SAH is not offering it.

24 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

I ordered 31097 3-in-1 Townhouse at WM last night. Today, it drop-shipped directly from Lego. I assume if Lego is distributing it that means it won't retire. It wasn't on the list but other 2019s are done and previous houses in that line haven't lasted 2 years either.

Also interesting for a stock availability. The set is clearly available to be shipped yet SAH is not offering it.

when you assume, you make an ass of u and me.

31097 is not on any retiring list and is not sold out anywhere in the world.  it's not going now. 

now is the time to focus on remaining sets on the list that are drying up.  sets like 75248 green a-wing - shelf swiped 12x in the 2 days at some walmarts for $24.84 - selling instantly on amazon later the same day for $59.99.  i sold 8 yesterday at that price before i turned off the spigot.

i never made any decent money on creator 3-1 within a reasonable time frame without getting a 50% off or greater discount.  eventually will be a winner though once seller count winds down.  31097 will make it to $160-200 a year or two after it retires if lucky.  i would buy some at $54 same price point i would buy similarly priced poe's xwing at $54 buyin you  make money routinely at 79.99 msrp price point in a year of eol  .  this set is not going to do as well as say poe's x-wing .  i could and do go out and buy some more minty superphat wool farms  a set likely to triple-quadruple in value  at msrp basis within 12 months of eol which is probably in the next year.  but i'd rather go and find some more 75248

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, cladner said:

when you assume, you make an ass of u and me.

31097 is not on any retiring list and is not sold out anywhere in the world.  it's not going now. 

now is the time to focus on remaining sets on the list that are drying up.  sets like 74248 green a-wing - shelf swiped 12x in the 2 days at some walmarts for $24.84 - selling instantly on amazon later the same day for $59.99.  i sold 8 yesterday at that price before i turned off the spigot.

i never made any decent money on creator 3-1 within a reasonable time frame without getting a 50% off or greater discount.  eventually will be a winner though once seller count winds down.  31097 will make it to $160-200 a year or two after it retires if lucky.  i would buy some at $54 same price point i would buy similarly priced poe's xwing  .  this set is not going to do as well as say poe's x-wing .  i could and do go out and buy some more minty superphat wool farms at msrp a set i know will quadruple in value within 12 months of eol which is probably in the next year.

I agree that 3-in-1 are not big winners. I got two, one for myself, one just in case.

I just posted it here because I found it odd thst it's the one 2019 set that's not on the retiring lists and this data point confirmed that. I also thought the immediate drop-ship is interesting from an availability standpoint with SAH having nothing to buy (different threat, I know).

17 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

I agree that 3-in-1 are not big winners. I got two, one for myself, one just in case.

I just posted it here because I found it odd thst it's the one 2019 set that's not on the retiring lists and this data point confirmed that. I also thought the immediate drop-ship is interesting from an availability standpoint with SAH having nothing to buy (different threat, I know).

it is odd but that set is a big seller so they want to make money and it stays.  the drop shipping in a prepacked lego carton is becoming more common and a nice way to get a minty set already prepacked to sell later on.   i wonder if these are coming directly from lego or from some distribution center lego keeps stocked for amazon. walmart, target - they all seem to be doing this more.    they do seem to track back LEGO directly.  pretty much all retailers are out of stock right now.  will be interesting to see how quickly it gets restocked and what retiring sets come back to life for one more round.

Edited by cladner