Ideas #005: 21104 - NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

Etan

I don't think that is him.  I thought he was in Florida and that seller is in California.  But it is still $99.99 with the $10 economy shipping added in.

Come to think of it, didn't Jojoyojimbi mainly sell on Amazon ?

Well, whoever that Californian is, s/he is keeping the price firmly at $99.99 (or even less depending on his/her mood)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Wow no posts in this thread for almost 6 months must say something about the demand or lack there of for this set. 

Watched Lego a Brickumentary tonight and the rover gets some good exposure get ready for the mad rush ;)

I am just patiently watching the sub-$100 supplies dwindle.  This thing was sold out about 1.5 year ago and officially retired 6 months ago

I'd love to get one, but I'm not paying 3x for it. :)

Suit youself. Next up is 4x MSRP :money:

• Like 1

Funnily enough I finally sold 2 (one returned thanks to wrong address) in the past couple of weeks for €95 plus ship. and I notice my listing has a few watchers which it rarely had before. It had stalled at around €90-100 in EU for months.

It could use a little lift to help get it past €100 which I think a lot of customers have a hard time paying for a €30 set. I'm not expecting it to jump to €150 any time soon. Maybe in a year from now.

Funnily enough I finally sold 2 (one returned thanks to wrong address) in the past couple of weeks for €95 plus ship. and I notice my listing has a few watchers which it rarely had before. It had stalled at around €90-100 in EU for months.

It could use a little lift to help get it past €100 which I think a lot of customers have a hard time paying for a €30 set. I'm not expecting it to jump to €150 any time soon. Maybe in a year from now.

I agree. 100 euro is a magic line that will not be easily crossed. Also sales quantity-wise are not heartwarming. It will rise, but very slowly. 

Yeah demand really isn`t what one might like for this set. It`s easy to Bricklink as well, which is also kind of a let down to be honest. But that said, x3 MSRP give or take is nothing to cry about, that`s huge for any set, a very impressive feat. 

Funny that this should come up today. I sold 3 yesterday on Amazon out of nowhere @ $120 plus shipping. Two to one buyer!. I had these listed on Amazon for over a month and I was the lowest or second lowest price by a few cents and no movement and then 3 in one day. No clue. Maybe it has something to do with that news story. I have 2 left and I'm going to hold out for $150. 

Edited by jbacunn

Funny that this should come up today. I sold 3 yesterday on Amazon out of nowhere @ $120 plus shipping. Two to one buyer!. I had these listed on Amazon for over a month and I was the lowest or second lowest price by a few cents and no movement and then 3 in one day. No clue. Maybe it has something to do with that news story. I have 2 left and I'm going to hold out for $150. 

I'm telling you it is the movie. I was being kind of facetious as most people that would watch a lego documentary should also already know about the Rover, but if they don't the movie would increase the desire to buy one. If my theory is correct the 9493 sales have another reason to increase as it got the most screen time by far.