10234 - Sydney Opera House

Etan

• 5 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Jules_K said:

Well before my comment this thread was dormant for over a month... seems a bit too quiet if everyone was thinking it was imminently retiring. 

It's TOOS @ Lego & sold out @ FAO, Target, TRU & Walmart. That didn't happen overnight. I believe most of the comments may have been in the "Retiring Soon" thread...

Edited by dcdfan

16 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

It's TOOS @ Lego & sold out @ FAO, Target, TRU & Walmart. That didn't happen overnight. I believe most of the comments may have been in the "Retiring Soon" thread...

That would explain why this thread is so quiet then. This is by far the exclusive with the least amount of chatter, it would be interesting to know how much this is hoarded. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jules_K said:

That would explain why this thread is so quiet then. This is by far the exclusive with the least amount of chatter, it would be interesting to know how much this is hoarded. 

I have a feeling no where near as much as DS, Red5, PS, PC, or Tumbler. Perfect candidate for Lego to retire to make way Big Ben ;)

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse
7 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

But will there be demand in the after life? 

Short answer: yes

Long answer: As long as the future landmark sets are good enough to make new buyers want the sets they missed out on

Guest TabbyBoy

It's just butt ugly compared to the Tower Bridge which is why I'm leaving this one alone. It could retire due to lack of interest as the ones I've seen in the UK appear to linger on shelves where the Tower Bridges don't last long at all. However, if I see one cheap enough, I'd use it for the bits.

Guest TabbyBoy
15 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Hmmm, have you checked out prices of its little brother 21012, recently?

Yes, and it's done well. I'm just one of those that's reluctant to buy what I don't like. However, I love the new cityscapes and could be tempted with those. The selling price of a small set isn't necessarily an indication of the selling price of its big brother.  If the big SOH had a smooth roof rather then the very inaccurate corrugated one, I may think differently about it.