10234 - Sydney Opera House

Etan

I think it's a great deal but no returns...?

Be careful Jet currently is raising hundreds of millions of dollars.  Their plan is buying and drop shipping and taking large losses on all sales.

They said that if where they are manually buying it from online their staff orders and drop ships and they take a loss.

Why ?

Rival Amazon get humongous volume and then turn into real product acquisition.

On something as exclusive as an SOH I would be nervous they could drop ship it from LEGO Shop at Home to your house and in return you get banned from LEGO Shop at Home or a very lengthly conversation with them.

Also jet is banning resellers.

I like the deals but their ceo has a plan of massive losses to get to the size he needs to be and do not want you to get hurt out of it.

He also publicly said some of the places they are buying from do not like it and he does not care and will buy from somewhere else

Edited by trekgate502

Found Good deals on SOH.

it will cost me $329 + tax (around 9%) on amazon or lego.com

However, it's only $285 on jet.com (no tax and buy two of them, waive return fee). it's much cheaper!

Although I originally not planned to buy it as it's just out for 2 years and may be a while to return. I still order 2 of them. 

Do you think it's a good deal?

I also think it's a good deal given the price. Although I think I'd have kept the return option since it seems like most of the LEGO sets are from Walmart and we all know Walmart's shipping is erratic at best. 

I have been thinking buying from jet.com as well but opted to wait for now. 

Edited by brickinfinite

Be careful Jet currently is raising hundreds of millions of dollars.  Their plan is buying and drop shipping and taking large losses on all sales.

They said that if where they are manually buying it from online their staff orders and drop ships and they take a loss.

Why ?

Rival Amazon get humongous volume and then turn into real product acquisition.

On something as exclusive as an SOH I would be nervous they could drop ship it from LEGO Shop at Home to your house and in return you get banned from LEGO Shop at Home or a very lengthly conversation with them.

Also jet is banning resellers.

I like the deals but their ceo has a plan of massive losses to get to the size he needs to be and do not want you to get hurt out of it.

He also publicly said some of the places they are buying from do not like it and he does not care and will buy from somewhere else

Yes...I am questioning this whole Jet.com idea myself.  They are banning resellers and if they dropship from LEGO, LEGO will know you are a reseller if your order is significant.  Tread carefully here.

Just FYI, I ordered a bunch of sets from Jet.com and most are from Walmart including the SOH. There are 2 from KMART which has me much more worried.......Those are the only 2 merchants they are using as I'm assuming Amazon's limits would significantly restrict buying from them unless they are buying from 3rd parties.

I wouldn't worry too much about the banhammer from Lego.com by using Jet.com since it doesn't look like they are using them (at least now).

And I've always been happy with Walmarts shipping....at least you can return it if you need to in store whereas there is no Kmart near me to return......

I just compare the exclusive lego set from jet.com and walmart and the selection is exactly the same (only have SOH and mini cooper). I highly believe that they are simply drop ship from Walmart. I just cancelled my order. don't want the item shipped without box protected.

Just FYI, I ordered a bunch of sets from Jet.com and most are from Walmart including the SOH. There are 2 from KMART which has me much more worried.......Those are the only 2 merchants they are using as I'm assuming Amazon's limits would significantly restrict buying from them unless they are buying from 3rd parties.

I wouldn't worry too much about the banhammer from Lego.com by using Jet.com since it doesn't look like they are using them (at least now).

And I've always been happy with Walmarts shipping....at least you can return it if you need to in store whereas there is no Kmart near me to return......

Do your SOH from walmart is protected with box and shipped naked? 

Edited by kf852

I have placed 2 orders with Jet for a variety of items, both had a selection of LEGO (no bulk orders just a variety of single items for now).  As has been mentioned most of the LEGO are coming from walmart, with some from kmart, and TRU (my ISD is coming from TRU).  I think them drop shipping from LEGO Shop at Home is unlikely, though possible since some of the work is done by cs reps, and if they cant get it anywhere else they will likely go there.  I will say the charges are split up as they process, but I am not sure how they are processing them.

I would be weary of giving up my return rights on sets intended for resale, particularly since its generally a small return.  though I do wonder if a box is heavily damaged if you could file a claim with the shipping company and bypass the no return issue.

as for jet.com subsidizing the purchases with millions of VC dollars.  I say suck the bastards dry.  they are gambling the company will be bought out before it goes belly up.  might as well grab our piece of the pie while we can.  use the coupon code google and get a free 12 months of easy deals for nothing.  if you get banned oh well, i doubt they will last a year with these prices anyway.

PS I am also very curious about the tax issue, since they are apparently eating the tax on some of these orders as well.  None of my orders from walmart or TRU were taxed and both would be if ordered directly.  I assume their tax system is either not implemented or not working at the moment.

Edited by jay4e

I have placed 2 orders with Jet for a variety of items, both had a selection of LEGO (no bulk orders just a variety of single items for now).  As has been mentioned most of the LEGO are coming from walmart, with some from kmart, and TRU (my ISD is coming from TRU).  I think them drop shipping from LEGO Shop at Home is unlikely, though possible since some of the work is done by cs reps, and if they cant get it anywhere else they will likely go there.  

I would be weary of giving up my return rights on sets intended for resale, particularly since its generally a small return.  though I do wonder if a box is heavily damaged if you could file a claim with the shipping company and bypass the no return issue.

as for jet.com subsidizing the purchases with millions of VC dollars.  I say suck the bastards dry.  they are gambling the company will be bought out before it goes belly up.  might as well grab our piece of the pie while we can.

PS I am also very curious about the tax issue, since they are apparently eating the tax on some of these orders as well.  None of my orders from walmart or TRU were taxed and both would be if ordered directly.  I assume their tax system is either not implemented or not working at the moment.

Tax was added to my order, so I cancelled it.

Tax was added to my order, so I cancelled it.

They are based in NJ so that not surprising.  was it added after the order was placed?  I have been keeping an eye on my order from yesterday and and they are still showing no tax here in MA.

Edited by jay4e

I just compare the exclusive lego set from jet.com and walmart and the selection is exactly the same (only have SOH and mini cooper). I highly believe that they are simply drop ship from Walmart. I just cancelled my order. don't want the item shipped without box protected.

Do your SOH from walmart is protected with box and shipped naked? 

I just get the SOH from jet.com order. surprisingly, it shipped only 2 days after I made my order. It's from walmart.com as expected, but it's well packaged with the original lego pacakging box. (as I order two of them). 

I think if you order just one, they may not ship it with any good packing material. I am very happy with my order, no complain of $285 for a SOH and no tax. Tempted to order more. but it's simply too big to store and it will be a while until it EOL.

Do you guys think it will be another TB that last for another 4-5 years?

• 1 month later...

Down to 40 units yesterday so I´m 50/50 for either sold out status or a restock by the weekend in EU. Toos would not make sense as there has been enough time to schedule production and demand hasn´t exactly exploded.

Edited by valenciaeric

Down to 40 units yesterday so I´m 50/50 for either sold out status or a restock by the weekend in EU. Toos would not make sense as there has been enough time to schedule production and demand hasn´t exactly exploded.

Most recent update says 30 in stock. Experience tells us that availability status changes when stock drops below 15. Will be interesting to watch...

soon-sheep-in-a-field.jpg

how do you find this out - the data has not been updated yet...

Yes, data has already been updated. Just not on Brickpicker inventory tracker.

I also want to know ..........how to find that out??

Affiliate "magic" does the trick. :sorcerer: (direct access to product data feed from LEGO Shop at Home)

• Like 1

Yes, data has already been updated. Just not on Brickpicker inventory tracker.

Affiliate "magic" does the trick. :sorcerer: (direct access to product data feed from LEGO Shop at Home)

Being an affiliate is the closest thing to insider trading - one step ahead of the game.

I was hoping for a larger restock to suggest last production run.