2013 Summer Clearances

sadowsk1

I'd like to know too :)

Orange county sounds cool to shop at, but where else?  :)

I live in OC, but these were bought in LA county. I used my Walmart app to find these. There are a few threads on how to use this, but if you want to PM me I'd be more then happy to help walk you through it (you too Orc King). I have an Android, not sure if the Iphone works the same. I know of some Spiderman Doc Oc Ambushes sitting on a shelf in Orange for $11 too, but with fulltime work, Master's Program, two little boys, ice hockey team, AND a single Dad can't always run right out!! (BTW anyone who reads this is more then welcome to grab them...they are at the orangefaire mall I think. Just let me know if you do...save me a possible wasted trip!)

I was actually happier with the Galaxy Squad...to be honest. I think that Bug Obliterator set is really cool. It was 87.75% off too!!!! WTH people?? How can a mom walk past that and not buy it? Even the cashier was like "$10? Wow!".

I will flip these all quickly...GS sets I can sell for $50 each and the UG probably for $45-50.

• Like 1

I live in OC, but these were bought in LA county. I used my Walmart app to find these. There are a few threads on how to use this, but if you want to PM me I'd be more then happy to help walk you through it (you too Orc King). I have an Android, not sure if the Iphone works the same. I know of some Spiderman Doc Oc Ambushes sitting on a shelf in Orange for $11 too, but with fulltime work, Master's Program, two little boys, ice hockey team, AND a single Dad can't always run right out!! (BTW anyone who reads this is more then welcome to grab them...they are at the orangefaire mall I think. Just let me know if you do...save me a possible wasted trip!)

I was actually happier with the Galaxy Squad...to be honest. I think that Bug Obliterator set is really cool. It was 87.75% off too!!!! WTH people?? How can a mom walk past that and not buy it? Even the cashier was like "$10? Wow!".

I will flip these all quickly...GS sets I can sell for $50 each and the UG probably for $45-50.

Ha...I think El Guapo and I shopped at the same Walmart.  I remember seeing several GS sets at 50% off but not the big $80 set...nice pickup!!  I left behind a couple of unexpected gatherings, which are probably the ones you grabbed.  

I used the Walmart app as well.  I drive by this particular Walmart on a daily basis so I was familiar with their UG inventory and knew these would be dropping in price at some point due to no buyers @ $49.  My threshold for buying these was $35, so I when I saw them at $15, it was somewhat shocking...

They also had some Mirkwood Spiders for $10 and some other decent stuff...

I'm still not real clear on how to use the Walmart app.  I have Unexpected Gathering added to my list.  I see the price as $55.36 (which doesn't seem to be specific to any one store), and I can see each individual store's stock status.  But are you able to see each store's individual price somehow?

You have to click item then "find in store" then select the specific store from list (to enter store mode) then go to your List - you should see a notice that pops up "prices updated to reflect current store". Then repeat for every store.

For me (iPhone) it doesn't seem to work quite as well as others - for example my quantities always show 1 and never updates actual quantities.

• Like 1

So I was picking up something at my local walmart this evening and decided to see how much clearance was left. When I was leaving the area, I noticed on the top shelf away from the rest of the LEGO they have 3 of the new 75021 Republic Gunships with clearance stickers at regular price. The LEGO aisle has been reset and tagged and there is no place for the gunships. The clearance stickers say an original price of $199 marked down to $119, so someone may grab them thinking they are getting a good deal. Has anyone else seen this item on clearanced out of a store with limited space?

I saw one of these too. Just tossed in the clearance section next to some Halo toys and Playskool stuff. I carefully picked it up, dusted it off and placed it back on the shelf by the other Lego clearance stuff ---I'll be back later for you I assured it.

(On a side note, I didn't notice the original price, but my heart skipped a beat seeing that set in the clearance aisle, only to be disappointed with the $119.99 price tag)

I am too using the Walmart app, it says items in stock, but nowhere to be found. What's the most common area people would stash Lego sets? I have looked pretty much everywhere, even under the bottoms shelves.

Probably misplaced somewhere in the stock room. I would ask someone to check for you.

The Republic Gunships I saw at the Walmart over LD wknd had their clearance section in the outside garden section! I think they were $119.97.

Oddly enough, I had found a good number of sets at my Walmart on clearance in the garden section some weeks ago, too. I suppose they didn't have room for all of them in the usual clearance aisle. A good reminder to look everywhere for sales!

The garden center clearance aisle is popular in these parts, too. I've found Lego clearance in three areas: the toy clearance area (usually up against the "back wall" of the toy area); the main clearance area (in our Walmarts these are close to the front of the store, on the opposite end of whatever grocery section they have); and the garden center.

The Republic Gunships I saw at the Walmart over LD wknd had their clearance section in the outside garden section! I think they were $119.97.

The 3 Republic Gunships that also mentioned a while back seemed to be multiplying, because 3 Malevolences, 3 Republic Strikers and a Headhunter all just appeared next to them with clearance stickers.  This is my local walmart so I know that those Gunships and Malevolences never made it to the shelf.  The other items were already on some weak clearance, but these two were full retail.  I've noticed a number of stores bringing stuff from the back that hasn't been on the shelves for a while.  Might we be looking at deeper discounts in the coming weeks?

Also, I found a store that randomly had a ton of Commanche Camps that scanned at $10 on the shelf with the regular stuff.  Are these a good pickup because of all of the different elements in them?

Also, I found a store that randomly had a ton of Commanche Camps that scanned at $10 on the shelf with the regular stuff.  Are these a good pickup because of all of the different elements in them?

Half off is good on just about anything really. I suppose there is a few decent parts in the Comanche Camp set but the real main highlight is Red Knee. Everything else feels so-so and has the redundant Lone Ranger and Tonto combo.

tlr003.jpg

I finally found some of these fantastic deals everyone has been talking about. 

2 Unexpected Gathering for $15

3 mirkwood spiders for $7

1 Quinjet for $30

They also have about 6 Attack of the Wargs for $20. I didn't grab them, partly because i already have 5 and partly because I am hoping they might drop them down to 70-80% has anyone seen these dropped lower than $20?

I finally found some of these fantastic deals everyone has been talking about. 

2 Unexpected Gathering for $15

3 mirkwood spiders for $7

1 Quinjet for $30

They also have about 6 Attack of the Wargs for $20. I didn't grab them, partly because i already have 5 and partly because I am hoping they might drop them down to 70-80% has anyone seen these dropped lower than $20?

I found some at $17.50, but their first clearance price was $35.  I think it depends on what the first clearance was.  Congrats on your other items though.

The republic gunship mentioned is not a clearance price. 119 is the retail price. Srry to burst the bubble.

No bubble burst here.  I was just surprised that a brand new Star Wars set that hasn't even been out 3 months is in the clearance aisle, with a red clearance sticker on it.  The fact that it is retail doesn't discourage me. I watched 5 Hulk Helicarrier Breakouts sit with $49 clearance stickers all summer.  Scooped them up for $24.50 when they finally hit clearance.  The only thing that worries me is that the sticker has the price on top, which usually says the previous price, of $199.  I just hope some parent or grandparent doesn't stumble across them and think they are saving $80.

Inventory started moving fast this weekend so I broke down and grabbed the last 2 of the Warg's @ $20 and 2 Cragger's command ships @ $30. Now there are two Hulk's sitting there for $35 I passed. Hopefully they will drop further. And there was a pile of around 30 of one the friends sets that was at 10% off on Friday and completely gone this morning. I have no idea what happened to them i had been looking at them for the last two weeks sitting at the same price and then gone overnight. They must have dropped the price and someone bought the whole pile.

Anybody on this site picked up The Unexpected Gathering for 5 bucks at Walmart in Avon Mass? There were at least 10 there last week. Check the app and now sold out.

Did you say $5. How much is the retail on that set? i have heard people getting the set at around $40-$50, but $5 is amazing. Great score to who ever bought it.