2013 Summer Clearances

sadowsk1

I've got about 12 free friends polybags and series 2 pets bags from a walmart in the last week.  They have 6 different sets (the desk, summer picnic, ice cream stand and series 2) with $3 stickers, but the prices ring up higher on 3 of them.  So I have been hitting it almost everyday after work paying $9.72 out the door for 6 bags.  Its in a low income area that is not well maintained so the managers and cashiers don't seem to care.  There have to be around 20 to 30 left. 

When I read your posts guys I become very envious :) The US sure does have some sweet offers and you have plenty of big chains like Wallmart.
I haven't seen a set on discount in my country for ages. The best thing I've seen is a 15% discount on some sets, but even with those discounts the price is way over suggested retail price I see in the rest of Europe.

Keep up the good work :)

Guest eightbrick

W0W!

Just found LotR MoM for $12.00 at Walmart!

Only saw 1 and the box is a little worn.

Also found 1 Ultra Sonic Raider for $39.79 great box condition.

WHAT? Sigh... this topic makes me sad sometimes.

Guest eightbrick

It's OK.  Just remember: not all Walmarts are created equal.

Yeah, I guess. The Canadian Walmarts have nicer employees, so its a trade off. :D Just kidding I don't compare employee niceness lol

Anyone know if the summer clearance event is over? Two of the four walmarts in my area have just about everything that was on clearance back on the shelves at full msrp. Today was the first time I have visited them since the are a little out of the way. I've cleaned out one of the stores of all the sets I had my eyes on. The other honey hole had several LOTR sets available still. It's on my way to work tomorrow so I just might have to clear out any remaining sets that I like.

All of the stores in my area have done their resets and I don't think they will be doing additional clearance right now. I still have some lame clearance (mirkwoods @25 and wargs @40) that I'm waiting to drop deeper. Other than situations like that I think it's over for now.

I stopped by the honey hole today and they still had 5 AUG, 20 mirkwoods, 10 wargs, tons of ninjago, and galaxy squads.  I picked up one of the 79003s.  I'll wait and see if they drop again.

A Walmart near me has a few Hulk Break Outs for $35. Is $35 a good price for the Hulk Break Out? I haven't invested any in the Superheroes theme yet. I was thinking about picking up a few Funhouse Escapes from Lego.com. 

Also, I've read in multiple posts about the wonders of the Walmart app. I recently downloaded it but can't figure out how to get it to show the in store prices for sets at my nearby stores. It will only show the online prices. Is there a way to get the app to show the in store prices so I can track when they put sets on clearance? If so, how does one set that up?

Also, I've read in multiple posts about the wonders of the Walmart app. I recently downloaded it but can't figure out how to get it to show the in store prices for sets at my nearby stores. It will only show the online prices. Is there a way to get the app to show the in store prices so I can track when they put sets on clearance? If so, how does one set that up?

Ok so once you pull up the set and it gives you the online price click on the set so that it brings you to the page where you can put the item in your cart. At the bottom of this page there will be a button to add the item to your list. Do this with every lego set that you want to keep track of.

Once you have created your list it will be saved and will only change if you edit it.

Now hit the bottom middle button the flips the page abd brings you to store mode. Your local store should be listed on that pg. click on that store. You are now in "store mode" for your local walmart. Now hit the List button at the bottom of the pg. Your list will now appear with the prices at your local store.

Now to compare other stores prices, click on any set and hit the check availability button. That should bring you to a list of nearby stores (if you want to check stores further away from u, enter the town name or zip code in the top box). Click on any store that interests you. This will bring you to the home pg for that store. Click the button that says "enter store mode". Once in store mode, repeat the process by clicking on the list button. Now the sets will show up with the prices from the new store.

Hope this helps!

• Like 3

So I was picking up something at my local walmart this evening and decided to see how much clearance was left. When I was leaving the area, I noticed on the top shelf away from the rest of the LEGO they have 3 of the new 75021 Republic Gunships with clearance stickers at regular price. The LEGO aisle has been reset and tagged and there is no place for the gunships. The clearance stickers say an original price of $199 marked down to $119, so someone may grab them thinking they are getting a good deal. Has anyone else seen this item on clearanced out of a store with limited space?

So I was picking up something at my local walmart this evening and decided to see how much clearance was left. When I was leaving the area, I noticed on the top shelf away from the rest of the LEGO they have 3 of the new 75021 Republic Gunships with clearance stickers at regular price. The LEGO aisle has been reset and tagged and there is no place for the gunships. The clearance stickers say an original price of $199 marked down to $119, so someone may grab them thinking they are getting a good deal. Has anyone else seen this item on clearanced out of a store with limited space?

Say what? That set is nowhere near $200 retail. I feel bad for anyone thinking they are actually getting a good deal. :wacko:

Say what? That set is nowhere near $200 retail. I feel bad for anyone thinking they are actually getting a good deal. :wacko:

Someone not knowing the price and thinking they are a good deal is the only way I think they would be purchased.  This particular store has its clearance section quite far from the toy section of the store. I'm just hoping that doesn't happen so I can scoop them up when they hit a real discount. :shifty: