2013 Summer Clearances

sadowsk1

Gallipolis has a ton of VC's and other MF's right now. Athens really disappointed me. They made a big deal about the "clearance tent" in the parking lot but it's really just full of total crap.

My Walmart has this problem. Tons and tons of clearance, and all of it is garbage. GARBAGE.

Another Walmart I visit had a huge setup of clearance racks outside. Full to the brink of junk. Ugh.

My Walmart has this problem. Tons and tons of clearance, and all of it is garbage. GARBAGE.

Another Walmart I visit had a huge setup of clearance racks outside. Full to the brink of junk. Ugh.

Sometimes you have to wonder wtf their buyers were thinking? Who thinks that demand is really that high for 1D dolls, squinkies, and crazy cubes?

emes, you're the man. I would not have even thought to find out Target clearance dates. The two Targets near me pulled at least 7 VCs and 4 HDs, along with all the other lotr and mf stuff. Now I know when to check back with them, I can stop making excuses to waste gas looking for clearance that isn't there. Thanks.

emes, you're the man. I would not have even thought to find out Target clearance dates. The two Targets near me pulled at least 7 VCs and 4 HDs, along with all the other lotr and mf stuff. Now I know when to check back with them, I can stop making excuses to waste gas looking for clearance that isn't there. Thanks.

Thanks, but remember I got those dates off of the Internet. While I'm sure everything is true that's posted on the Internet, I'll probably still start taking a look in Targets at the beginning of July. Whatever is happening clearance-wise will coincide with back-to-school moving in to stores.

There are literally 40 Quinjets at 1 walmart, and more than 20 at another 10 mins away.  All marked 55--and scanning for 55.  They have been this way for at least a month---on an end cap at both stores.  They still have monster fighters ringing up for retails as well.  I am now checking every 2-3 days----sooner or later--they are going to have to discount this.

Thanks, but remember I got those dates off of the Internet. While I'm sure everything is true that's posted on the Internet, I'll probably still start taking a look in Targets at the beginning of July. Whatever is happening clearance-wise will coincide with back-to-school moving in to stores.

I agree, and thank you for the dates by the way. They may not be exact but at least give us some kind of time window variable to go by. I tried browsing through that Target related website before and best I could find was toy clearance is typically done on Thursdays.

I live in Southern Ohio on the WV border and I make the regional rounds in both states.  Yes, we are rural and I find some great clearance deals at Wal-Mart.  On the flip side, I don't have a Target within 100 miles of me.  I have to make the rounds at Target when in Columbus.  There are a few in WV within reach, but I usually only hit those when traveling.

I went through Columbus recently and found some good deals at Meijer.  I am not sure how far south they get in Ohio, but if you are traveling to Target you might want to check them out.

I went through Columbus recently and found some good deals at Meijer.  I am not sure how far south they get in Ohio, but if you are traveling to Target you might want to check them out.

Yes, I stop through Meijer in Lancaster, OH and South Columbus when I travel in there sometimes.  I stumbled on a couple Vampyre Castles at BOGO 50% off one day when passing through there.

Emes, I agree Athens clearances are weird sometimes, but I find some good stuff there too.  I have never hit a jackpot on Lego there, but I've found a few good deals on other stuff.  It was weird, the day after Christmas 2012, every Wal-Mart that had Black Pearls left had them at $49.50.  Athens had one and it still rang up $99.  Hindsight is I should have picked it up, but I was spending too much on clearance then anyway.

Here are the dates for Target's 2011 Summer Clearance:

• 50% off happened around July 13, 2011
  • 75% off (now only 70% off) happened around July 17-19, 2011
  • 90% off happened around July 19-21, 2011

from http://www.allthingstarget.com/

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything more recent than that. Also I think that the highest markdown that Target has done since 2012 is 70%, so I wouldn't expect 75% and 90% off....

Extrapolating to this year, I would expect the Target Summer clearance to start right around July 15th. That would make sense in terms of moving stuff out to get ready for back to school in late July/early August.

Thanks for sharing...good info!

Went to 3 local Wal-Mart's today. Only 1 clearance lego out of all of them...a beat to chit box of iron man robot "what have you" marked from 15 to 11...and a swamp creature creature that looked beat up and kicked around the whole f-ing store---even had gum stuck to it! No...I am not kidding. I wish I had my phone for a picture! Grabbed it by the edges an scanned it out of curiosity. 6.98.

Oh well....it was worth it! My 4 year old was ecstatic building the iron man...and even took it to bed with him just now! After hundreds and hundreds of dollars spent on legos for him....his favorite is an 11 buck iron man robot? You really like this more than your arkham asylum? Yep!

Lego is smart...er than I already thought. Looking at the beat up box on the way home he could barely make out a picture showing you can add a captain America to it for a super (super?) Hero bot? So we stopped at 4 or 5 more stores lego bargain hunting....and captain America robot hunting with no luck. Off to eBay I guess.

One of the Walmart's here has like 15 Quinjet's that are clearanced at $49 but not marked. I am hoping that they will further mark it to about $25 and then I will swoop them up.

One of the Walmarts near me had 37 Quinjets in stock last I counted. Many other stores including Target and Kmart still have stock. I don't think $25 it far off from what we'll likely see on them. The Hulk Breakout set has dried up in most of my Target stores with a few in Walmarts. It's been well stocked and I think it sold pretty well. We probably won't see a lot of discounting on it. I already picked up 7 for $15 and 5 for $30 as some sort of fluke pricing error at two walmart stores. I've also bought 3 Quinjets for $40 when I was visiting family in Michigan.

Funny you mention taking pics. I was in a walmart the other day and just had to capture this beauty, which was priced at full retail!

Wow, that's beyond comprehension. The Helm's Deep in clearance I saw wasn't that bad but still pretty bad.

2 to 1, Walmart won't give a discount for it. (And if they did, it'd be like a dollar off.)

Theres a Mines of Moria at one of my Walmarts with a hole in it about the size of a 6 year-olds fist, and I'm guessing that's just what happened, a kid about that age threw a jab-cross combination at the box and likely tried or succeeded in removing the cave troll from the package. That set has been in that store for months now, and big surprise....still full price. Over in the clearance aisle there are always random lego pieces lying around because kids grab sets from the shelves, take them to other aisles, loot the minifigures, and throw the box and pieces with all the clearance junk.  

I love how you guys find these crazy deals and then you're all like "come on, I know you can do better!" Total Lego swag imo.

If I saw a VC for $69, my heart would be racing, my palms would be sweating and after I knocked over whom ever I needed to in order to secure that VC, I would dance to my car and then waste no time getting online to let you all know about my unbelievable find! I've got zero Lego swag!

• Like 1

I love how you guys find these crazy deals and then you're all like "come on, I know you can do better!" Total Lego swag imo.

If I saw a VC for $69, my heart would be racing, my palms would be sweating and after I knocked over whom ever I needed to in order to secure that VC, I would dance to my car and then waste no time getting online to let you all know about my unbelievable find! I've got zero Lego swag!

lol, the thing is I feel I have enough of that set for now, so unless it gets crazy low I don't feel the need to get more.

lol, the thing is I feel I have enough of that set for now, so unless it gets crazy low I don't feel the need to get more.

you are leaving money on the shelf by not buying them. if you have the bankroll to buy them, then why wouldn't you? I can never "have enough" of a set if it's on clearance and is deemed to perform well. I have 12 vampire castles, which was everything in my area that was marked down to $69. if I came across 12 more I would buy them in a heartbeat!

Yeah I agree with Barcelona. You need to diversify your funds (lol). I mean I could put all of my savings straight into tower bridges, but what if it doesn't work out well? I like having my foot in every barrell.

Now honestly, I would buy more VCs since I only have 4, but I don't think I would buy 20 if I had the chance. I can use my capital elsewhere.

• Like 1