2013 Summer Clearances

sadowsk1

So after having no luck finding Walmarts wrong pricing policy online, I to the instore customer service desk.  She explained that it is their policy if the price is incorrect to give the price that is show on 1 item AND $3 back for making the mistake.  So it was just a coincidence that the item I was purchasing was priced at $3.  I only went back to inquire about their policy because they still have the Pre Vizsla Mandalorian Fighter at 39.96, though it scans at $49.96.  I'm not particulary interesting in this set at 26% off, but at least I was able to get some clarification on their policy.

So after having no luck finding Walmarts wrong pricing policy online, I to the instore customer service desk.  She explained that it is their policy if the price is incorrect to give the price that is show on 1 item AND $3 back for making the mistake.  So it was just a coincidence that the item I was purchasing was priced at $3.  I only went back to inquire about their policy because they still have the Pre Vizsla Mandalorian Fighter at 39.96, though it scans at $49.96.  I'm not particulary interesting in this set at 26% off, but at least I was able to get some clarification on their policy.

Just as an FYI on that set - It is actually a really nice set. Worth $40 for sure.

Yeah that would be definite. 

I bought 3 at $35. I am actually thinking about removing the hulk and trying to get $25 for the set without it. I think I could and just keep the hulk as the investment - because I agree he is the only really attractive thing about the set. I built it - it isn't too bad, but the chamber isn't big enough.

I was thinking the same. I've got 12 of these after one of my walmarts kept restocking despite their $15 price tag on it. I got 9 at $15 and 3 at $30 at another Walmart a couple months ago. Weird pricing mistake. I think this set will be a winner because of the hulk. Look at the capt America set. People are already paying $22 or more dollars for it because its the only set that comes with the Capt!

i found a walmart that had 5 batcaves for 25$. Flippin Score!!!!

Very Nice!

2 of our Wal-Marts moved stuff to a clearance isle.  A clerk at my best Wal-Mart for clearances said they moved stuff in the back and may load it into a trailer to clearance later, maybe even after Christmas. Uggghhhh!

i found a walmart that had 5 batcaves for 25$. Flippin Score!!!!

HOLY BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL BATMAN!!!!

A clerk at my best Wal-Mart for clearances said they moved stuff in the back and may load it into a trailer to clearance later, maybe even after Christmas. Uggghhhh!

That sounds about right for me. After holiday sales have been the best (and often only) discounts I've seen.

This was an odd find at Walmart today...

Over 30 of the Friends 41013 Emma's Sports Car for $11.00 on clearance.

Other pick ups today.

$7 Hobbit 79000 Riddles for Ring

$21 Hobbit 79001 Spiders

$49.00 Avengers 6869 Quinjet

$30.00 Ninjago 70504 Garmatron

Yeah, I picked up about 20 41013s clearanced at $4 last week. And Dolphin Cruisers at $35. And Downtown Bakeries at $18. Couldn't quite figure it out ... But, then again, I wasn't asking too many questions!!!

Other pick ups today.

$7 Hobbit 79000 Riddles for Ring

$21 Hobbit 79001 Spiders

$49.00 Avengers 6869 Quinjet

$30.00 Ninjago 70504 Garmatron

A San Antonio Walmart I visited was flooded with Garmatrons at that price, as well as ultrasonic raiders for like 50 something. I passed on both.

Guest eightbrick

A San Antonio Walmart I visited was flooded with Garmatrons at that price, as well as ultrasonic raiders for like 50 something. I passed on both.

Is it me, or is the Garmatron set really ugly? It is screaming Turbo Shredder to me.

When I was checking the clearances of all of my local Walmarts, I completely forgot about one that is about 20 miles north of me.  So I checked the prices with the app and found all of the usual items were on clearance.  I was little hesitant to make the trip because I got burned at a Walmart about the same distance last sunday that listed the Catwoman Chase at $9 and the Battle of Smallville at $13 a piece, but when I got there they had nothing at all.  I made the trip with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised...

5 Hulk's Breakout @ $35

4 Uruk Hai @ $21

10 Lex's Power Armor @ $13

1 Heros of the Deep @ $11 (This is the last set I needed to complete the spongebob collection for my daughter for Christmas)

1 Gandalf Arrives @ $9 (only one I've been able to find with a good box)

passed on...

3 Ultra Sonic Raider @ $54

2 Tie Fighters @ $35

1 Headhunter @ $35

6 Unexpected Gathering @ $49

1 Attack of the Wargs @ $35

1 Garmatron @ $30

I was torn about picking up the Ultra Sonic Raiders and Unexpected Gatherings, but I couldn't pull the trigger.  I have very little knowledge Ninjago and while I love the Lord of the Rings sets, I personally don't like and have returned most of the Hobbit sets I have purchased.

I hope everyone else was able to find something good this weekend.

When I was checking the clearances of all of my local Walmarts, I completely forgot about one that is about 20 miles north of me.  So I checked the prices with the app and found all of the usual items were on clearance.  I was little hesitant to make the trip because I got burned at a Walmart about the same distance last sunday that listed the Catwoman Chase at $9 and the Battle of Smallville at $13 a piece, but when I got there they had nothing at all.  I made the trip with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised...

5 Hulk's Breakout @ $35

4 Uruk Hai @ $21

10 Lex's Power Armor @ $13

1 Heros of the Deep @ $11 (This is the last set I needed to complete the spongebob collection for my daughter for Christmas)

1 Gandalf Arrives @ $9 (only one I've been able to find with a good box)

passed on...

3 Ultra Sonic Raider @ $54

2 Tie Fighters @ $35

1 Headhunter @ $35

6 Unexpected Gathering @ $49

1 Attack of the Wargs @ $35

1 Garmatron @ $30

I was torn about picking up the Ultra Sonic Raiders and Unexpected Gatherings, but I couldn't pull the trigger.  I have very little knowledge Ninjago and while I love the Lord of the Rings sets, I personally don't like and have returned most of the Hobbit sets I have purchased.

I hope everyone else was able to find something good this weekend.

Nice haul! Good for you!

ok,  my Walmart is rearranging a bit.  They didn't have a dedicated clearance section, now they put it together on several rows.  It's just some shoes and toys for now.  Seen two boxes of MoM for $50.

Nothing at the main Lego isle after rearranging for new sets arrived.