2013 Summer Clearances

sadowsk1

I'm afraid that I don't have any clearances to report with the start of this thread.  I was curious if anyone had any idea of when last years summer clearance reports started rolling in?

Are there any sets that should be clearanced out this time of year in favor of the new sets getting the shelf space?

Probably never in my area.  Walmart around here like to use the clearance isle as red tag over flow and hang onto sets FOREVER!

They did "clearance" the MF Castle but the story was the same in a 50 mile radius: "Yes, we show __ Quantity in stock."  But when you asked them to hold one for you they couldn't find any.  Yet there inventory never changed.  I can call one store that I know of right now and they will tell me they have 7 in stock.

Found a Helms Deep today clearanced at Walmart but it came up at $129.97. WHat did this retail for? Also the box looked open. Have any of you guys ran into any problems with missing pieces when buying clearanced items?

LOL...that is retail. 

Haven't had issues with missing clearance boxes that I decided to build, but none of them looked open.  I was be very hesitant to buy any set if it looked like it had been opened....clearance or not.

1st wave LOTR is mostly gone from all Targets around me. I was under the impression that one of the major investors in my area swooped in and just bought everything at every store on a Tuesday afternoon while I was at work. But now I'm holding out hope that they were just pulled to be put out for mass clearance later.

1st wave LOTR is mostly gone from all Targets around me. I was under the impression that one of the major investors in my area swooped in and just bought everything at every store on a Tuesday afternoon while I was at work. But now I'm holding out hope that they were just pulled to be put out for mass clearance later.

I'll vote they were just pulled.  There was a stack of bigger and medium sets on a clearance end-cap at one of my local Target stores and every time I asked about them they said that they just didn't have any place to put them so they landed there.  One guy, stocking the toys even commented that he wished they didn't do that and I told him that it was misleading, he agreed.  The next day the big sets were gone and the medium sets were placed randomly back in the isle.

I had been watching the remaining stock of Helms Deep at several Targets to try to get one on clearance and one day they were suddenly gone so I too think they were pulled for the eventual summer clearance sale.

Anyone know the specific date that Target will start their summer toy clearance sale?  I have heard July but not a date.

LOL I had an idea that that was retail but wasn't quite sure. Maybe I should have asked if maybe it was supposed to be clearanced

Walmart employees do this crap all the time. I frequently find sets that have red clearance stickers on them for the full retail price.

I had been watching the remaining stock of Helms Deep at several Targets to try to get one on clearance and one day they were suddenly gone so I too think they were pulled for the eventual summer clearance sale.

Anyone know the specific date that Target will start their summer toy clearance sale?  I have heard July but not a date.

A lot of the lord of the rings sets have disappeared from my target shelves too.

This is usually what happens at the Targets. They probably have them sitting in an area in the back awaiting Summer Clearance. This was done so they have room for the Summer LOTR lines.

This is usually what happens at the Targets. They probably have them sitting in an area in the back awaiting Summer Clearance. This was done so they have room for the Summer LOTR lines.

My Target did this. All thd LOTR and MF stuff was pulled, they said it'll hit clearance in July. They had the tags placed for 2nd wave Lotr, but no sets yet. I was so gonna pick up a pirate ship ambush to build. Oh well.

My Target did this. All thd LOTR and MF stuff was pulled, they said it'll hit clearance in July.

I don't know about you, but I have July marked down as the month of clearance at Target. I'll check every single day if need be just to find something! Anything! ....Well okay, I'll probably just make a point to check Thursdays since that is what I heard is their day for toy clearance. Fingers crossed on everybody finding some jackpots! :good: