Well, I am too gullible, got scammed

There are two types of accounts on PayPal..."Verified and Non-Verified." See if she is Verified. It might help. Here is some info from PayPal about Verification:

Verification

What does it mean to get Verified?

Why should I get Verified?

How do I get Verified?

Do I have to get Verified?

How do I know if other PayPal members are Verified?

Is my bank account information secure?

Why does PayPal ask its members to get Verified?

What does it mean to get Verified?

Getting Verified means that you have linked a confirmed bank account to your PayPal account or that you have been approved for the PayPal Extras MasterCard

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been sending her an email once every couple of days saying stuff like "hey thief, have you got caught yet?". She replied the other day stating "i am turning you in for harrasement.I asked you to stop contacting me and you keep going.I have done nothing to no one and DO NOT need to explain myself to you". I find that absolutely hilarious. Obviously, I responded to make sure she leaves her real name. She hasn't figured it is me yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Well my ebay auction dispute over a never delivered Technic Combine came to a happy end today. eBay found in my favor and refunded my money. I transferred the refunded money immediately back into my bank account. The seller never once contacted me despite several emails and opening a case. Previous cases I've opened usually had an immediate result of the seller contacting me and promptly shipping the item. Not so this time. At least I'm not out the money any more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh boy...Didn't you read my blogs about scams? LOL

You have a mess on your hands. Go to the police. The are quite experienced with internet theft. In most states, theft $500 or more is a felony, so it is quite serious and they should take you serious. Get all your information together and go to the police. Jot the information down in a time line to help explain your story.

At $800 for a new 10179 is a deal of the century. They are now consistently selling for over $2000 for a new set. These crooks know exactly what they cost and what kind of price they can sucker a LEGO collector in for quickly. You are probably not alone. She has probably done it more than once. Her debit card is probably deactivated also. She made some quick cash and moved on. Good luck.

Just remember one thing in life...If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is!!!

good idea

• 3 weeks later...

I generally adhere to the 'If it's too good to be true rule, it probably isn't.' If I do break the rule, for such risky transactions, I only ever pay via Paypal with a credit card. That way, I can either go back to my CC issuer or Paypal. I've had a situation like this once. Bought an iPhone off Gumtree, local equivalent of Craigslist and had the sellers phone number. He said he mailed it out but never gave a tracking number. Turned out to be a scam. In any case, I was refunded after opening a dispute with Paypal. Also, another recent scam I did't fall for via a FACE to FACE deal on Gumtree. Sometime late last year, a seller posted on Gumtree selling a couple of Lego sets. Death Star, Super Star Destroyer, Cars, City Mine. I emailed and seller (never gave me a name or a number) said he/she would only ship via courier COD. I asked for a pick-up and he/she said they work 80 hours a week and am not home for pick up. Prices were reasonable and it seemed safe enough via courier. After a few weeks, we finally arranged for a delivery. I ordered the Death Star 10188 for $420. Same price as Amazon shipped but figured it was local so... This morning, a guy turns up. Says he's from Couriers Plus and shows some dodgy paperwork (no seller name or address). The company delivery sheet had no contact number. Only a business name and address. So courier was paid and walks off. I lift the box and it feels too light. Opened it up and it was the Cars and City Mine set. Worth $150 but I gave the courier $420. Chased after the courier (he parked round the corner and drove a Holden not a van) and he umm and ahhed and said I already signed for it. I refused to let it go and said it labelled as Star Wars but I didn't receive it. He couldn't give me the sellers name for 'privacy reasons'. Fair enough. He tried to call the 'depot' but couldn't get through. Throughout, he said various things that contradicted each other (Oh I'm in a rush, have other deliveries to make. Then later on, he said, Oh, this is my last delivery for the morning). In the end, I refused the delivery and insisted on my money back. Courier gave it back and went off. I did a Google search on the company and found no telephone number and only an ABN and a business address (at a residence: 7 Lucerne St, Campbellfield, Vic 3061). I emailed the seller who said that it was a mix up and my Death Star was shipped to the wrong address and it was the courier's fault and the other receiving party doesn't want to own up etc. He/she was out of pocket. Despite me asking for him/her to call me throughout, there was no phone call.

• 1 month later...