Well, I am too gullible, got scammed

There is no way any of the info she has given you is accurate. I doubt she even lives in the city she claims. I'm surprised that there is actually a house at the address she provided, I figured it would be a vacant lot. I'm pretty sure that the USPS won't consider a package lost until it has been 30 days from the date of mailing, so that's still a ways off and I don't think you can start an insurance claim before then (not that I think this was ever mailed). Everything she is doing is just to string you along to buy her more time to keep this scam going. Saying she already sold one is just supposed to make you feel more comfortable that someone else has already successfully bought from her. Just for fun I contacted this person about the Falcon, I'll let you know what happens.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way any of the info she has given you is accurate. I doubt she even lives in the city she claims. I'm surprised that there is actually a house at the address she provided, I figured it would be a vacant lot. I'm pretty sure that the USPS won't consider a package lost until it has been 30 days from the date of mailing, so that's still a ways off and I don't think you can start an insurance claim before then (not that I think this was ever mailed). Everything she is doing is just to string you along to buy her more time to keep this scam going. Saying she already sold one is just supposed to make you feel more comfortable that someone else has already successfully bought from her.

Just for fun I contacted this person about the Falcon, I'll let you know what happens.

Yep, it's all about stringing people along until another person is willing to pay, then it's on to the next set, with a different name and address. These people are slick and prey on the LEGO investor who is "gullible." That's why I don't like Craigslist. There is no kind of safeguards against this sort of deception, just your common sense.

I got scammed as well. I bought a MISB imperial walker on ebay for a great price. Tracking info on the USPS website said It was delivered to my address but I never recieved it. Talked to my mailwoman the next day after it said delivered but she had no recollection of delivering a package of any type the day prior, even though it showed delivered and scanned with her scanner. Surely my mailwoman wouldnt have stole it right? If she didn't then how did this ebay seller manipulate the tracking info on the USPS website? This seems to be a prevalent occurance and hope your police take it seriously. (mine sure didn't)!

I got scammed as well. I bought a MISB imperial walker on ebay for a great price. Tracking info on the USPS website said It was delivered to my address but I never recieved it. Talked to my mailwoman the next day after it said delivered but she had no recollection of delivering a package of any type the day prior, even though it showed delivered and scanned with her scanner. Surely my mailwoman wouldnt have stole it right? If she didn't then how did this ebay seller manipulate the tracking info on the USPS website? This seems to be a prevalent occurance and hope your police take it seriously. (mine sure didn't)!

That is weird. I would keep track of the seller and see if they relist the set again. I would contact your local post office.

Another update with my situation. She said she filed a claim and it will be around 2 weeks until she gets any resolution to the "lost package". I then asked for her to just go ahead and refund me the $500 or at least half. I was expecting her to say she already spent the money or doesn't have it but she said she would Wednesday. Obviously still extremely skeptical and still plan on calling the local police next week.

I sent the person a message yesterday morning and received 5 messages back from them throughout the day yesterday. My original message asked if this could be sent to Nevada, what condition the box is in and how do I pay for it. They responded that they'll send it anywhere, the box is great and that they will accept Green Dot thing as payment. I asked if I could Paypal or send them a cashier's check. They said no Paypal and I can't mail them payment because of problems with the Post Office (must be your issue they're referring to ;)). I was out all day but received 3 more messages after that one since I didn't respond. One said they'd send me their Green Dot account number or whatever it is so I could load it myself if that would make me feel more comfortable. The next message said I could just pay half now and the other half once I received the set. Then another message asking if I was still interested. I responded this morning that I didn't know anything about Green Dot so I was going to check it out. I'd really like to get an address out of them, but I don't think it's going to happen. I'll keep trying.

Well I wrote the person too. They came back with pretty much the same response "i do hav eone available and i accept the greendot moneypak for payment.Than= k you." Looking at the information in the header of the email, this is where it looks like they live, so I do think they could be from PA unless they are really good and know how use a proxy or something to make it look like they are from somewhere else. http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools#ipInformation/type=domain&&value;=108.34.97.177&& I asked them to send me photos with their email address and todays date included int he picture to see if they even have a real box or anything at all.

Well I wrote the person too. They came back with pretty much the same response

"i do hav eone available and i accept the greendot moneypak for payment.Than=

k you."

Looking at the information in the header of the email, this is where it looks like they live, so I do think they could be from PA unless they are really good and know how use a proxy or something to make it look like they are from somewhere else.

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools#ipInformation/type=domain&&value;=108.34.97.177&&

I asked them to send me photos with their email address and todays date included int he picture to see if they even have a real box or anything at all.

You are like James Bond 007!

Well I wrote the person too. They came back with pretty much the same response

"i do hav eone available and i accept the greendot moneypak for payment.Than=

k you."

Looking at the information in the header of the email, this is where it looks like they live, so I do think they could be from PA unless they are really good and know how use a proxy or something to make it look like they are from somewhere else.

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools#ipInformation/type=domain&&value;=108.34.97.177&&

I asked them to send me photos with their email address and todays date included int he picture to see if they even have a real box or anything at all.

Yeah, like I said. All info points to her living in PA somewhere. Whether that is Oil City, who knows. About the picture thing. She will say her daughter broke her camera and can text you a pic via phone. But of course you never get the picture. She will say she got an error. Also, I have received 2 different numbers from her. Both of which only receive texts.

I am giving her til Wednesday to see if she actually refunds some of the money (sure). Then I will call the Oil City police department and see if they have any info about Vic Colder.

Just got an update, its getting funny! "the box is in mint condition my late husband purchased it and put in in storage as with his other star wars items.My daughter broke my camera but i can see if I can borrow one.If not I can swear to you on my 2 year old daughter that this is real and legit and there is no scamming or ripping off going on,to prove it I would be willing to give you my debit card numbers and you could load the moneypak on it yourself.Just let me know.Thank you."

its amazing how he/she uses the same story for everyone. They did send me photos, they could be real or fake, but who knows. It did have a piece of tape or paper with today's date. Then I told them I wanted to use Escrow.com and that its the only way I could protect myself. This is the reply I got. "If you are interested i will accept half down (400.00) then the other half once you receive but i cannot wait for the escrow thing as i have bills that need paid like yesterday.It has been rough without my husband and that is why i am selling.I can swear to you on my 2 year old daughter as well as give you my debit card numbers and you can load the moneypk yourself.i thought i had time but got shut-off for electric today so have to pay by tom at noon.I don't know let me know.I borrowed the cell phone to take photos as you asked i don't know what else to make you feel comfortable."

its amazing how he/she uses the same story for everyone. They did send me photos, they could be real or fake, but who knows. It did have a piece of tape or paper with today's date. Then I told them I wanted to use Escrow.com and that its the only way I could protect myself. This is the reply I got.

"If you are interested i will accept half down (400.00) then the other half once you receive but i cannot wait for the escrow thing as i have bills that need paid like yesterday.It has been rough without my husband and that is why i am selling.I can swear to you on my 2 year old daughter as well as give you my debit card numbers and you can load the moneypk yourself.i thought i had time but got shut-off for electric today so have to pay by tom at noon.I don't know let me know.I borrowed the cell phone to take photos as you asked i don't know what else to make you feel comfortable."

A real fun thing to do would be to get Stackables real name and tell her that she should pay her electric bill with that money. Then she could use some of the remaining money to get a new camera and then put some gas in her car so she can visit the Post Office and talk to them about all their issues with her sending and receiving mail.

I liked the id idea. She said she would refund me half of my money today. still waiting :)

I hope she refunds half, but I wouldn't keep my hope's up. Scammers are often very quick to refund fully or in part if it will allow their scam to continue. Even if she gives you $250 back, she still made $250 for nothing. I know it's better than getting nothing back, but you should still try to do whatever you can to put an end to her scam even if you receive some sort of partial refund.

So I told them that I was no longer interested if they were not willing to do the purchase in person or via Escrow.com so that I could protect myself. They came back with these two different emails. "I checked into the escrow thing and there is no way I will have the payment on time to get bills paid,I do understand your concern however I sent the photos as you asked,i a willing to give you my debit card numbers for you to load yourself as well as swearing to you on my precious little girl which is the last living reminderI have of my late husband.Would never do that if I was going to try something not honest.I was not brought up that way." and "I have one other option if you are interested.I only need like 252,00 for my bills and i have sold a few other things so I only need 205.00 more so if you would be willing to do it for the 202.00 and I would just trust that you would pay the rest once you receive it we could do that.I don't know just a thought." So now they are hoping that they can trust me.

Any suggestions on how I can coerce her into giving me at least a partial refund. She said she was going to do that Wednesday then contacted me Monday that she was going to send the refund via moneypak that day (which she didn't). I would like to get at least something back then proceed to get the fbi involved.

Any suggestions on how I can coerce her into giving me at least a partial refund. She said she was going to do that Wednesday then contacted me Monday that she was going to send the refund via moneypak that day (which she didn't). I would like to get at least something back then proceed to get the fbi involved.

You have zero chance of getting any money from her. She probably doesn't even have a kid. She is a predator, plain and simple. She has no morals. You should be able to present this entire thread to a police officer to show that she is full of crap and have them locate her off of phone calls and emails. Jeff and I will help you any way we can, but to think she will refund you any money is a pipe dream. Please, time is of the essence. Report this to the Police while you still have an open communication with her.