Well, I am too gullible, got scammed

Contacted moneypak then the Oil City pd. Oil City said they would get back to me. Next, I will probably get a hold of the Pittsburgh FBI. Should I go ahead and flag the ad?

I would just wait for the Police to contact you. They might want to keep the communication going with this person.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Oil City police said the address wasn't their jurisdiction. So I called the state police which checked the address. It is a trailer park and nobody recognized the name. I think she told me she was visiting her in-laws. They told me to contact my local pd which I assume will not do anything.

Well, it looks like I wasted my time. They basically can't do anything because it costs too much. In the meantime, the latest email to my other address "I live in virginia ,I am with my in-laws in pa visiting.I live off of shore drive in virginia beach.I have another buyer if you do not want it so let me know so I can let them know.I have changed the down payment to 150.00." I really hope she hasn't swindled another lego fan. I also like the way she has time to respond to my other email but not my real one. She is probably contemplating another excuse to give me. She mentions she has been working a lot too. Funny, since she said she is visiting the in-laws. I like this email too, "I do not live in pittsburgh i live in virginia and if you really want the set I will accept 200.00 down and the rest once you receive with the moneypak but that is the lowest i can go on a set this expensive.I just saw one go the other day on ebay for 2,500.Let me know cause I am offering that price to many".

Guest idunno101

Not to sound cynical, but after reading this entire thread, it sounds like you need to cut your losses and move on. Tough to accept, I know, but you've at least done what you could, as well as keep this community informed. Those two things should count for something.

I agree obviously this person knows waht they are doing with the fact that you haven't caught her yet. It may be a tough pill to swallow knowing that you have gone this far and have wasted your money. But she'll probably just keep you running around in circles and could takes monthes of your time. But what goes around comes around so I hope good things happen to you in the future

Guest idunno101

well if you are going to keep pushing on you will probably have to convince the PD to look into this because you can fake alot of stuff by just typing in words. The police would probably try tracking her email because she has to be contacting you somehow.

This situation is crazy.....she just emailed me this morning saying that she wants 75.00 down and the rest when I receive the set. That makes 3 emails from her and I have only emailed her once asking about local pick up.

She is getting desperate. She needs to get as much money as she can before she closes up shop and moves on.

It would probably cost $50 just to ship the set. I haven't heard from her in a couple of days. Definitely think she is done giving excuses to me. Basically the local PD cannot do anything. They have to jump through hoops to get warrants which cost a lot of money. My only chance is if the feds get involved. They do not have to jump through as many hoops to get phone records or debit card info.

Latest email from her to my other address which I called her out on being a scammer. "I don't know what you are talking about I am not scamming anyone.DO NOT contact me again or I will press charges for harrasement.Get a life and stop bothering me we have no dealings together so I have no reason to talk to you and furthermore I have done nothing wrong." Sure press charges lol. She also said the set was sold. Anyone here buy it :)

Latest email from her to my other address which I called her out on being a scammer. "I don't know what you are talking about I am not scamming anyone.DO NOT contact me again or I will press charges for harrasement.Get a life and stop bothering me we have no dealings together so I have no reason to talk to you and furthermore I have done nothing wrong."

Sure press charges lol.

She also said the set was sold. Anyone here buy it :)

Exactly...Let her press charges.

I haven't responded in quite some time and that person has contacted me at least 10 times asking if I'm still interested. She said she can now accept Paypal. I told her that would make me feel more comfortable so she told me to send payment to: [email protected] I would have to think someone could figure out who he/she is from a Paypal account...

Not sure what the limit of coverage is but paypal does cover transaction outside of ebay. Here is another link I just flagged off of craigslist http://ventura.craigslist.org/clt/3245144764.html This is the same guy I think I reported earlier. $300 for the set :) The picture he uses is from another website.

Here is paypal's response: "Thank you for contacting PayPal. PayPal is committed to maintaining the privacy of its members. For this reason, we have a very strict Privacy Policy. However, the local law enforcement is welcome to contact us directly. To view our Privacy Policy, click the "Privacy" link at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. If you have further questions, please click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the PayPal webpage. Thank you for choosing PayPal."

Here is paypal's response:

"Thank you for contacting PayPal.

PayPal is committed to maintaining the privacy of its members. For this reason, we have a very strict Privacy Policy. However, the local law enforcement is welcome to contact us directly.

To view our Privacy Policy, click the "Privacy" link at the bottom of any PayPal webpage.

If you have further questions, please click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the PayPal webpage.

Thank you for choosing PayPal."

You have to have a valid banking account to obtain a PayPal account. See if she will accept a smaller amount. When she accepts payment, I believe you will get her name from Pay Pal.

You have to have a valid banking account to obtain a PayPal account. See if she will accept a smaller amount. When she accepts payment, I believe you will get her name from Pay Pal.

Make sure to send payment via a credit card through Paypal. If you use a credit card and don't receive your items, even for a transaction outside of eBay, you will get a full refund. I was going to do it, but I just have too many other things to do right now to be messing around with this person.

Make sure to send payment via a credit card through Paypal. If you use a credit card and don't receive your items, even for a transaction outside of eBay, you will get a full refund. I was going to do it, but I just have too many other things to do right now to be messing around with this person.

Could I just send a $1 and get the information I need?

Could I just send a $1 and get the information I need?

You could, but I doubt you'll get anything valuable from it. It will display any name they want so they could put any ficticious name in it. I don't think it gives an address, but I could be wrong. I think you would need someone with the authority to contact Paypal for it to be of use.