Bitcoin and other forms of digital currency

Guest TabbyBoy

Kraken's been the worst. I'm still waiting for an XRP trade to complete which has been in limbo for 4 days! One thing is for sure, I'm getting the Hell away from Kraken as soon as I can withdraw. Their security may be good. but they're nearly always offline! I'll then sit back with my coins safe on a Ledger wallet and just buy more in the Xmas-NY dip.

43 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

It spiked because it was listed on Coinbase yesterday. Now to see if all the coinbase users (finally get access to their BCC) are buying or selling.

There will be other cryptos added. Likely spike in all those once listed. xRP IOTA NEO all prime candidates

I have a wallet with Blockchain.info, and they were already partially supporting BCC earlier. Too bad a while ago I thought Bitcoin Cash wasn't going to do much, so I exchanged my free BCC into Ethereum. And while ETH is doing quite okay as well, it isn't performing like BCC since today! 

Guest TabbyBoy
24 minutes ago, Haay said:

I have a wallet with Blockchain.info, and they were already partially supporting BCC earlier. Too bad a while ago I thought Bitcoin Cash wasn't going to do much, so I exchanged my free BCC into Ethereum. And while ETH is doing quite okay as well, it isn't performing like BCC since today! 

My BTC wallet was wth Blockchain.info too, but I sold my BTC way to early and missed out on the free BCH after the fork - that was a £20,000 mistake! However, ETH has done brilliantly so I'm far from being out of pocket. From now on, I will ALWAYS leave something behind, never cash out totally. LTC has been the one that done very well this month, nearly 10x.

Guest TabbyBoy

Please don't PM me with requests for tokens as I'm having a nightmare with Kraken (The "520" exchange!) right now. As soon as it's back up, if it ever is, I'm cashing out everything on there and moving elsewhere.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Haay said:

So what's exactly the official code for Bitcoin Cash? I see both BCH and BCC used on different sites!

Nothing has an official code as they are all unregulated. The most popular one for Bitcoin is BTC (sometimes XBT) and Bitcoin Cash is mostly BCH. It's up to the exchange what they use.

There's another rally on some coins so I'll enjoy the ride today. Just like LEGO, there's a crash on the way with all these uninformed newbies hoping for a quick buck. Most will lose and lose big! They need time to research properly as this ain't for the faint hearted.

My original €25 invested in Bitcoin (in 2014) grew to be around €700. I withdrew €500, then put €100 into Bitcoin Cash, while also moving some funds from Bitcoin to Ethereum to spread a bit. All three coins are plunging now, but I'm still comfy in the green, so I'll just wait it out and see how these three currencies will do in 2018. :) 

Guest TabbyBoy

Don't be scared of the recent crash in most crypto. I sold 50% of mine yesterday lunchtime and I will be buying it all back as soon as it starts to rise again, perhaps on 27DEC. My profit is the price differential. It needs to be volatile to make money.

Only Ripple XRP has beaten the crash so far.

The reason? Xmas! It happens every year ;-)

Finally! I was waiting for the cryptos to crash. I'm with Tabby. Currently, I only own .5 ETH and 1.4 LTC. I will put some more money into into when they start to rise again. This was bound to happen sooner or later. I would expect it to go down way more too. The new investors will get scare and unload everything causing more losses. XRP may have dodged it initially but it's currently down over 30% .

Edited by bigboy61

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm no longer trading on Kraken as their downtime and lag has cost me big time over the last hour. ETH spiked big and I couldn't sell in time - bastards!

I've just cashed in every single crypto I have and will revisit on 27DEC. So many problems on so many exchanges right now, Kraken is virtually offline!

AVOID KRAKEN AT ALL COSTS AS THEIR UPDATE PROMISED THIS WEEK DIDN'T WORK !!!

10 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Don't be scared of the recent crash in most crypto. I sold 50% of mine yesterday lunchtime and I will be buying it all back as soon as it starts to rise again, perhaps on 27DEC. My profit is the price differential. It needs to be volatile to make money.

Only Ripple XRP has beaten the crash so far.

The reason? Xmas! It happens every year ;-)

In my humble opinion the current development (for the past 4-5 days) only shows one thing: from whatever reason BTC collapsed, it took ALL OTHER (hundreds) alternate cryptos with it - plunging down.. including etherium, litecoin, iota.. I might say also ripple even if that shows some +2 prct increase.. Who is intelligent enough just plainly sees that BTC is considered (mostly by the naive fools thinking they get rich overnight) as some kind of a "golden standard" - so whenever BTC goes down, all others go down as well . And it is the same vice versa - when BTC rockets up, so do they.. 

so what kind of confidentality these "cryptotitles" represent? its just pure and simple speculative commodity, it does not any longer represent any "alternate currency", how some punks would like to see it.. 

frankly Im surprised that even IOTA plunged down because its totally different from BTC.. but then I guess its just a "proof of work" what kind of ppl invest into cryptos - mostly uninteligable hoards who heard first about it in some pub, then saw some flash news and thought they have figured it all out - just like that (snap!).. 

IOTA not just crashed it was a disaster impossible to compare with any other crypto from top 6-7 where IOTA is positioned with it's multi billion market cap.
"some whale" dropped a bomb at 7am crashing the price from 4usd to 1usd, which shows how big BS coin is.

with those looking at XRP.
it's a coin that is literally hated by vast majority of the bitcoin enthusiasts, it's centralized, it's oversupplied 100 000 000 000 coins total supply, current supply 39 000 000 00

it's premined coin so there is no infrastructure of miners that are holding the network, BANKS are interested in blockchain technology that XRP uses called xVIA, they don't essentially need XRP as a coin.
XRP has been pumped by Korean coin enthusisats because of big announcement by SBI Holding and 5 local banks that they wanted to give it a go to see how this technology could improve transporting assets internationally.

There are few coins that will always rise when Bitcoin is under huge correction.

Those coins are
XRP, Bitcoin Dark, Bitcoin Plus, NXT

when bitcoin increase it's price, those coin are getting correction, that's why Ripple among the top 10 listed coins on coinmarket cap was a worst investement struggled in 6 months long broadening descending wedge loosing 90% of it's ATH price while rest of the coins were reaching numerous times ATH (all time high)

you have to understand with what are you dealing with placing a bet on some coin.

despite of that I think IOTA will die very soon, it's still much imperfect asset with cancerous dev team standing behind that technology spreading left and right fake news about it's broad implementation by silicon valley which was a BS.

Guest TabbyBoy

I like the way that our newspapers love to spread gloom about "BTC Crashes" and "Get out now". A correction (one of many) is not a crash, but a drop from £10,000 to 10p is! I ignore what the papers say as it's only Big Brother trying to gain control.

21 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I like the way that our newspapers love to spread gloom about "BTC Crashes" and "Get out now". A correction (one of many) is not a crash, but a drop from £10,000 to 10p is! I ignore what the papers say as it's only Big Brother trying to gain control.

Yeah, makes me laugh when I see something like this appear: https://lifehacker.com/how-to-get-your-money-out-of-bitcoin-1821536561

It's hilarious that people apparently are savvy enough to buy Bitcoin, but when the rates drop, they have to be explained how to get their fiat-currency back from it. :D 

I'm convinced that 2018 will see Bitcoin, Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash rise higher than their peak of 2017. When this drop / correction reaches the bottom, it's a good time to get them again at low rates! :) 

Edited by Haay

Guest TabbyBoy
55 minutes ago, Haay said:

Yeah, makes me laugh when I see something like this appear: https://lifehacker.com/how-to-get-your-money-out-of-bitcoin-1821536561

It's hilarious that people apparently are savvy enough to buy Bitcoin, but when the rates drop, they have to be explained how to get their fiat-currency back from it. :D 

I'm convinced that 2018 will see Bitcoin, Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash rise higher than their peak of 2017. When this drop / correction reaches the bottom, it's a good time to get them again at low rates! :) 

Unfortunately, these people will be the ones that could lose out. It's always important to work out an exit strategy before entering into any contract or investing money that you may need back quickly.