Bitcoin and other forms of digital currency

9 hours ago, Shewie said:

IOTA not just crashed it was a disaster impossible to compare with any other crypto from top 6-7 where IOTA is positioned with it's multi billion market cap.
"some whale" dropped a bomb at 7am crashing the price from 4usd to 1usd, which shows how big BS coin is.

despite of that I think IOTA will die very soon, it's still much imperfect asset with cancerous dev team standing behind that technology spreading left and right fake news about it's broad implementation by silicon valley which was a BS.

This shows exactly that you didnt get the purpose of IOTA.. your position is that every cryptocurrency has to appreciate - otherwise its a loser. But IOTAs purpose isnt to be a "shiny diamond" like BTC that you keep in some safebox behind 3 doors..  had you studied it a little bit more into depth they aim at microtransactions such as paying for re-charging your iphone in the cafe, or street parking, anything that using standard payment methods just takes more effort than use - or is so expensive that noone is interested. 

Imagine this situation: in CZE whenever I want to make an international bank transaction, I always have to pay fixed fee 200 CZK (approx 7 GB) to greedy banks. doesnt matter if I want to transfer 1 GBp or 1000 GBP.. they always take their cut.. so this is perfect situation where IOTA could step in and solve it. And the fact that its price is more or less stable - even the better! that is what you expect from a serious, reliable currency that its volative as hell.

@crayxlp

Overly complicated wallet system and account maintenance, numerous downtimes, network that was shut down because why not? because IOTA devs believes that Blockchain technology is obsolete and inferior to IOTA's

everything you said above applies to XRP,

up to 5 sec transaction.
1000+ transacions per second
premined

what differentiate those two?

one is in alpha state, second is currently being implemented by biggest players on market in Asia
one uses overly complicated wallet and address scheme, second is using simple wallet address
IOTAS network can be plugged off entirely by single power switch, XRP is blockchain based technology.
IOTA transactions are free indeed but XRP transaction fee is only 0.01USD no matter how much funds you are transfering between accounts
whether it's 1mln USD or 1USD your fee is always the same 0.01$ period.

i can go on and on...
typical pump and dump asset without any added value.
comment_icXxqTR7Dl4pU7yXBFPp15U5ZzOIITQx

Edited by Shewie

IOTA has backing from some major corporate names - I guess I saw Microsoft, Samsung and cant remember the rest. I would really love that scenario you mentioned "flipping a switch - and instant blackout" .. one of the major benefits of IOTAs network is supposed to be immense network from a billion of IoT devices so I can hardly imagine how you can shut down such a vast network.

but again, IOTA does not aspire to be Bitcoin with all that hassle about it.. it aims to be a constant, serious, superfast e-currency. And from this point of view there is totally nothing wrong regarding its massive amount (balance) on the market. That is exactly what is needed to keep it stable from speculative capital.

9 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

IOTA has backing from some major corporate names - I guess I saw Microsoft, Samsung and cant remember the rest. I would really love that scenario you mentioned "flipping a switch - and instant blackout" .. one of the major benefits of IOTAs network is supposed to be immense network from a billion of IoT devices so I can hardly imagine how you can shut down such a vast network.

but again, IOTA does not aspire to be Bitcoin with all that hassle about it.. it aims to be a constant, serious, superfast e-currency. And from this point of view there is totally nothing wrong regarding its massive amount (balance) on the market. That is exactly what is needed to keep it stable from speculative capital.

the entire IOTA network went down in November, and was completely inoperable for about three days. That this has never happened in Bitcoin or Ethereum suggests the extent to which the IOTA network relies on the “coordinator”—a single point of failure—and is not truly decentralized

even though this whole thing with Microsoft implementation was a BS which was addressed and had to be corrected by IOTA's devs as a another news which was bowing away from beeing truth. Fake news based coin as mentioned before.

https://www.media.mit.edu/posts/iota-response/

That is exactly what is needed to keep it stable from speculative capital.

Did you see the chart I've kindly presented you above? someone dropped the price by 80% by single dip transaction. and you are trying to convince someone about reliability of this coin how decentralized it is? Unprecedented situation to the asset with such multibln capitalization, it was like situation when Satoshi Nakamoto (unknown founder of bitcoin) found his cold walled somehow and decided to sell his 3mln bitcoins at once dropping the price back to the dark ages, that's what happened there.

1 minute ago, Shewie said:

even though this whole thing with Microsoft implementation was a BS which was addressed and had to be corrected by IOTA's devs as a another news which was bowing away from beeing truth. Fake news based coin as mentioned before.

https://www.media.mit.edu/posts/iota-response/

Did you see the chart I've kindly presented you above? someone dropped the price by 80% by single dip transaction. and you are trying to convince someone about reliability of this coin how decentralized it is? Unprecedented situation to the asset with such multibln capitalization, it was like situation when Satoshi Nakamoto (unknown founder of bitcoin) found his cold walled somehow and decided to sell his 3mln bitcoins at once dropping the price back to the dark ages, that's what happened there.

Yes, I did.. probably you have missed my submission before when I said that nowadays - whatever crypto it is - is unfortunatelly linked to BTC development.  NOw - the hordes that are buying BTC - are just PLAIN STUPID! .. they dont know a hack about differences between currencies so if BTC falls - everything falls and vice versa.. That is just the current state of affair. So dont blame IOTA or Ripple or any other currency that ts not doing well - its all that mass hysteria that BTC aka "all cryptos" are falling.

have a look at the graphs at cointmarketcap.com - there its absolutely without a shadow of a doubt visible: BTC falls - ALL 150 currencies fall at the same time.. 

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

It's a shame that most cryptos are "tethered" to BTC (why?) so they all go down with it. It seems like I bailed at the right time as there's another huge slump happening right now. This could be the start of the big year-end cash-out for 2017 profits. I was going to buy back in on 27DEC, but I think it's got a lot lower to go as panic selling should be any day now. I now expect lows not seen in many weeks. My ETH re-buy is now set at £200 which could be just after midnight 01JAN when exchanges are quiet, but I'll disable it if it's reached within 2 days. This will be a sober New Year's Eve for me as I don't want to make any mistakes ;-)

There's one crypto I won't be buying back and that's ICN which has really struggled during 2017 and the team behind it may have given up. I'll only make 50% on this after a year ;-(

There's a bad time to HODL and Xmas is one of them! You just need to bail before the sheep do!

Edited by TabbyBoy

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

It's a shame that most cryptos are "tethered" to BTC (why?) so they all go down with it. It seems like I bailed at the right time as there's another huge slump happening right now. This could be the start of the big year-end cash-out for 2017 profits. I was going to buy back in on 27DEC, but I think it's got a lot lower to go as panic selling should be any day now. I now expect lows not seen in many weeks. My ETH re-buy is now set at £200 which could be just after midnight 01JAN when exchanges are quiet, but I'll disable it if it's reached within 2 days. This will be a sober New Year's Eve for me as I don't want to make any mistakes ;-)

There's one crypto I won't be buying back and that's ICN which has really struggled during 2017 and the team behind it may have given up. I'll only make 50% on this after a year ;-(

There's a bad time to HODL and Xmas is one of them! You just need to bail before the sheep do!

just going to point out that bitcoin price was $754 last Christmas Eve.  

if you bought and held through last Xmas and did absolutely nothing, at the current "crashing" price of $13500ish, you'd be up to 18x on your investment. 

like a town hall bought at msrp selling for a little over $3600.  hey it might happen.

there is no bad time to hodl.  it's the winning strategy. until the banks buy up all the bitcoin and ether and people get super rich.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, cladner said:

just going to point out that bitcoin price was $754 last Christmas Eve.  

if you bought and held through last Xmas and did absolutely nothing, at the current "crashing" price of $13500ish, you'd be up to 18x on your investment. 

like a town hall bought at msrp selling for a little over $3600.  hey it might happen.

there is no bad time to hodl.  it's the winning strategy. until the banks buy up all the bitcoin and ether and people get super rich.

LOL... ETH up 100x approx. There'll be too many millionaires if it happens again so I think 2017 was "the" golden year. People will be more cautious in 2018 and Big Brother will also get a big slice of the cake. My 2p worth. To make huge gains now, you need to get into something new and truly revolutionary at the beginning. But, beware of the very high ICO scam rate.

On 12/24/2017 at 7:22 AM, TabbyBoy said:

You really think ETH is going down to £200? That would be a huge fall. Granted, the crypto market is used to huge swings in a matter of days. 

14 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

You really think ETH is going down to £200? That would be a huge fall. Granted, the crypto market is used to huge swings in a matter of days. 

perhaps totally off topic: I truly enjoy (good) catastrophic movies.. and if (hypothetical situation) there is some kind of massive worldwide blackout and banks lose all their information, HDDs are wiped clean by electromagnetic surge (as an IT Id like to point out that this is just a pure scifi from some novelist since banks are by regulatory terms obliged to keep their records on removable unwrittable medias stored offsite in a safe bunker..).. .. so any crypto and their ledgers would most likely probably be gone, right?  .. just the increasing solar activity could do that, there have been warnings in the past that its solar eruptions could seriously disrupt earth communication systems. I doubt that these cryptomarkets would have a contingency disaster recovery plan figured out.. 

On 12/24/2017 at 12:22 PM, TabbyBoy said:

Cladner points out some valid information, I am going to be a little more direct and less eloquent.

After not logging on to this site for a long time it really is sad to see that you talk as much BS about Crypto as I suspected you did about lego. I would sit down and stop trying to brag how good you are for once because it is so poor on so many levels! I suggest rather than trying to brag on here about your Crypto gains, you sit down and do some reasearch so you can actually pick coins that are gonna do much better in a much shorter space of time than Iconomi (technically you are at a loss on that) and then maybe consider spouting off about ya gains.

Btw I would drink and be merry save wasting your time waiting for eth to hit 200 because since you got out at "the right time" it has gone up $100 +, btc also up around 15% , ooopppssss error! If you dont know the reason (why?) alts move with btc I suggest you give up or do some research!

Oh and if you dont like what I am saying I dont want to PM you and I am sure you could try and bribe someone $50 to get me banned like you did with that Ozzy lad!

To all you decent folk on this site, hope you had a great Christmas and have a fantastic new year, I have a lot of respect for this site and the folk on it, sorry for this post. As for you Tabby maybe stop with your egotistical s*** for 2018 ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, brickbuilder77 said:

Cladner points out some valid information, I am going to be a little more direct and less eloquent.

After not logging on to this site for a long time it really is sad to see that you talk as much BS about Crypto as I suspected you did about lego. I would sit down and stop trying to brag how good you are for once because it is so poor on so many levels! I suggest rather than trying to brag on here about your Crypto gains, you sit down and do some reasearch so you can actually pick coins that are gonna do much better in a much shorter space of time than Iconomi (technically you are at a loss on that) and then maybe consider spouting off about ya gains.

Btw I would drink and be merry save wasting your time waiting for eth to hit 200 because since you got out at "the right time" it has gone up $100 +, btc also up around 15% , ooopppssss error! If you dont know the reason (why?) alts move with btc I suggest you give up or do some research!

Oh and if you dont like what I am saying I dont want to PM you and I am sure you could try and bribe someone $50 to get me banned like you did with that Ozzy lad!

To all you decent folk on this site, hope you had a great Christmas and have a fantastic new year, I have a lot of respect for this site and the folk on it, sorry for this post. As for you Tabby maybe stop with your egotistical s*** for 2018 ;) 

That escalated quickly! I think everyone likes to publish their successes every once in a while. No one is going to nail every single market prediction. 

Edited by bigboy61

Just now, bigboy61 said:

That escalated quickly! I think everyone likes to publish their successes every once in a while. No one is going to nail every single market prediction. 

I have not invested a dime in my lifetime to any crypto but im quite confident that in some "near future" people having their funds in BTC or Ethereum will start question themselves.. what is the use of having my money "blocked" in this "virtual something".. I cant pay with that (like with my credit card or paypal).. and when I try to convert it to "ordinary USD/GBP/EUR". it takes ages.. like two days.. could someone please help me out here why is BTC better for ebay payments than paypal or credit card.. ?

37 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

I have not invested a dime in my lifetime to any crypto but im quite confident that in some "near future" people having their funds in BTC or Ethereum will start question themselves.. what is the use of having my money "blocked" in this "virtual something".. I cant pay with that (like with my credit card or paypal).. and when I try to convert it to "ordinary USD/GBP/EUR". it takes ages.. like two days.. could someone please help me out here why is BTC better for ebay payments than paypal or credit card.. ?

BTC is not what a lot of people thought it would be. It was supposed to be a new kind of payment, but it has issues and became a store or wealth instead. BTC suffers from super high fees and long waits so it can never be used for day to day transactions. There are other cryptos that do what Bitcoin was supposed to do much better. However, BTC won't be going anywhere anytime soon. 

• Thanks 1

In theory it cuts out the middle man (the bank) from taking their cut. In proper platform it can do 1000x transactions a second vs seconds/minutes for banks.

The technology makes it far superior, we haven’t seen proper implementation yet however

Guest TabbyBoy
11 hours ago, brickbuilder77 said:

Whatever!

Guest TabbyBoy
10 hours ago, bigboy61 said:

LOL - It looks like some jealous cretin is having a bad day because of missing the boat that I had a First Class ticket on! I'll PM him a snapshot of my ETH wallet, that'll make him top himself ;-)

Guys... be nice, it costs nothing!

Guest TabbyBoy
On 25/12/2017 at 11:07 AM, Deano1980 said:

I wish i understood how to get in on this but it just going right over my head and on top of that where to put it and who to trust with the info im given

Sent from my SM-G950F using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

PM me. It's easier than you think ;-)

BB77 need not apply.