Bitcoin and other forms of digital currency

Guest TabbyBoy
41 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Yay, we got a new bubble thread.

But this one will be a PROPER bubble with a BIG BANG when (or more likely IF) it pops. I've had a hell of a ride so far! I've been skimming of the "froth" for each altcoin that I own and then buy it back when the price drops a little. I've already made a killing and I'm still quids if it all turns to poop tomorrow.

BTW... Would you consider adding crypotocurrencies to the next game? ;-)

11 hours ago, donbee said:

My concern has always been where to purchase and how to store bitcoin. Will you share who you use?

I've PM'd you.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
19 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Good idea. A fantasy currency and FOREX speculation game would be quite good fun - we´d just need to decide what base currency to use as a measure.

How about US$ as a baseline and perhaps we can have the top 50 "coins" on CoinGecko to choose from?

https://www.coingecko.com/en

We can also use the same site to track values against US$.

I use it for web queries for my Cryptocurrency spreadsheet. I just one button and the whole lot updates via a macro in one go.

I have been trading bitcoins and other altcoins since 2013 and I was just able to quit my dayjob. I wrote my Master thesis on bitcoin and take the blockchain developments as one of the most important revolutions currently happening in tech. 

I  recommend people to put a little bit of money in both bitcoin (1 = $2800) and Ethereum (1 = $250) and just let it be. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Legojona said:

I have been trading bitcoins and other altcoins since 2013 and I was just able to quit my dayjob. I wrote my Master thesis on bitcoin and take the blockchain developments as one of the most important revolutions currently happening in tech. 

I  recommend people to put a little bit of money in both bitcoin (1 = $2800) and Ethereum (1 = $250) and just let it be. 

So, you're the expert then? ;-)

I've basically turned all of my past Lego stash into Bitcoin and Ethereum, I used Kraken and BitBargain to buy in the UK as it's quite painless. I also bought some Iconomi (ICN) a few days ago and they've already shot up from £0.99 to £1.30. I've also got 10 Litecoins (I got in too late) and I've not bought Ripple as it beginning to make me a little nervous. I'm also studying Lumens very closely and will claim the free ones once the offer starts.

The beauty is... No more large final value fees, PayPal fees, Storage, Damaged boxes, Postage or Anal buyers.

I've been skimming of some profit as I go on to make sure that my original capital plus some "interest" is safe.

Are you aware of an ICO that has good potential if you get in early?

9 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

So, you're the expert then? ;-)

I've basically turned all of my past Lego stash into Bitcoin and Ethereum, I used Kraken and BitBargain to buy in the UK as it's quite painless. I also bought some Iconomi (ICN) a few days ago and they've already shot up from £0.99 to £1.30. I've also got 10 Litecoins (I got in too late) and I've not bought Ripple as it beginning to make me a little nervous. I'm also studying Lumens very closely and will claim the free ones once the offer starts.

The beauty is... No more large final value fees, PayPal fees, Storage, Damaged boxes, Postage or Anal buyers.

I've been skimming of some profit as I go on to make sure that my original capital plus some "interest" is safe.

Are you aware of an ICO that has good potential if you get in early?

An expert? No comment :) Nice on Iconomi :)

I think bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple are pretty good long term bets. Litecoin is more a speculative coin, so could go up, but then again, also far down.

My current coins of interest are (speculation-wise): VIACOIN, Librarycoin, Transfercoin, Mobilego and HumanIQ.

ICO's in general are usually better bought in the week after being released on an exchange as people likely dump under the price of the ICO to get their money back. There are a lot of ICOs though. so I usually avoid them (except Mobilego and HumanIQ)

Edited by Legojona
  • Like 1

On 7.06.2017 at 3:31 AM, donbee said:

My concern has always been where to purchase and how to store bitcoin. Will you share who you use?

Keep them as far from exchange as possible. I'm a living example of person who lost 100% of his assets because of the hack on exchange with loosing more than 100 bitcoins at once incl fiat currency.
Google what is cold wallet and how to create it and you will be good to go.

Stay only with the best and most reliable exchange cantors, like Bitstamp in first place, Kraken, Coinbase, Bitfinex is tad crooked to me they were hacked in the past with hundreds of bitcoin dissipated.
Bitcoin is a currency of hackers, human traffickers, drug and weapon dealers etc.
For the rest Bitcoin is a speculation tool, because of above Warren Buffet declared he will never invest in the Bitcoins.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Shewie said:

Keep them as far from exchange as possible. I'm a living example of person who lost 100% of his assets because of the hack on exchange with loosing more than 100 bitcoins at once incl fiat currency.
Google what is cold wallet and how to create it and you will be good to go.

Stay only with the best and most reliable exchange cantors, like Bitstamp in first place, Kraken, Coinbase, Bitfinex is tad crooked to me they were hacked in the past with hundreds of bitcoin dissipated.
Bitcoin is a currency of hackers, human traffickers, drug and weapon dealers etc.
For the rest Bitcoin is a speculation tool, because of above Warren Buffet declared he will never invest in the Bitcoins.

I've leave a little on exchanges for instant trading in realtime. However, the bulk of my coins are kept on several hardware wallets that are backed up and kept in my safe. I personally don't trust any exchange (or should I say hackers) with more than I can afford to lose in one hit. The dodgy uses of Bitcoin initially put me off as I do have some scruples, but I did miss out on the low initial prices. Yes, they are all speculation tools, but it's more exciting to me than dabbling in boxes of plastic right now ;-)

I'll probably cash out most of my stash when I reach my "cash-out" value as it all seems like quantitative easing to me and could easily come crashing down. In the end, I think only a handful of cryptocurrencies will make it to the global economy. It's basically money out of this air, but I'll leave some for the long haul just in case.

It's volatile and risky, but where else can you get such crazy returns in the matter of weeks or months?

No risk no gain, right?

Guest TabbyBoy

It's looking better for Corbyn ;-(

As the £ is in freefall meaning that my altcoins are worth over £400 more than an hour ago - LOL.

£=€=$ ain't too far off.

Edited by TabbyBoy

41 minutes ago, John82 said:

Yup time to open my auctions to international shipping.

Us brits like to shoot ourselves in the foot

Clearly it is to increase exports by having constant election to manipulate are currency down. :)

Edited by Will 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, John82 said:

Yup time to open my auctions to international shipping.

Us brits like to shoot ourselves in the foot

well about year ago you guys decided to play Russian Roullette with 6 bullets inside the revolver cylinder.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, brickbuilder77 said:

Cheers

Ordered a nano s a few days ago but they cant ship till after the 4th Sept so wanted something in the waiting period.

Will take a look at the paper wallet emoji2.png

I'm holding my ripples on bitstamp. the most reliable exchange out there.