Bitcoin and other forms of digital currency

Guest TabbyBoy

I think, the second China's authorities allow bit coins, they will skyrocket and eventually even take a sustainable place in China's financial scene, replacing the shadow banks.

That's one reason I'm taking a punt. Also, the same will happen if Amazon accept them. Once/if they skyrocket, banks will probably step in for their share and to stablise and maybe regulate it. The other reason is that I'd kick myself if I didn't buy one and it reached $10k+.

The most important thing coming up for bitcoin is that it's going to be publicly traded on Wall Street. Once rich people can buy "shares" of Bitcoin without having to worry about security concerns were going to see a massive influx in price.

www.bitcoin.com is a good place to start.

The most important thing coming up for bitcoin is that it's going to be publicly traded on Wall Street. Once rich people can buy "shares" of Bitcoin without having to worry about security concerns were going to see a massive influx in price.

www.bitcoin.com is a good place to start.

It is not bitcoin that will be publicly traded, but ETF that uses bitcoins as the investment vehicle. ETF founded by Winklevoss twins, no less. Someone could probably set up ETF consisting of shares of spaghetti manufacturers...

Regarding the ETF, I was referring to the one that Second Market is doing...the Winklevoss Twins are a bit further out from getting things going.  Still, when people can invest in the Bitcoin ETF it's going to increase it's value significantly.  

The price is almost to 650...follow it at bitcoinwisdom.com.  Once we get the results of the US Auction I think we'll see it skyrocket past $700.  It's not too late to join the gravy train!

570 on friday...650 today...the sky's the limit!

Guest TabbyBoy

If any of you Brits need help in buying from a trusted UK based exchange, send me a PM.  If I cash in right now, I've made over

Guest TabbyBoy

I was going to buy another 5x SSD but, I'm seriously thinking of fattening my Blockchain wallet with another 5 coins instead.  Buying Bitcoin was much easier than I thought, it's just the verification process that's a pain and then having to explain to your bank what those weird transfer reference codes are.  I basically told them, "None of your damn business!"

Just think, If I bought BTC instead of those money-losing CITY vehicles, I'd not be setting my alarm clock for the morning.

It could still fall on its arse but, it's a risk well worth taking.

• 2 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Bitcoin has had a rough ride but it's nothing that hasn't happened before. I've just bought another 3 BTC as all it takes is Amazon or a major bank and they'll skyrocket. I only buy what I can easily afford to lose. Worst case in 10 years is, "I'd have spent it on holidays or nights out anyway" and best case is, "Yes, you can park your Range Rover next to my E-Type, darling". This has much better odds than any lottery as I still believe in the idea.

PayPal has just joined in and bumped up BTC, what would Amazon do?

Edited by TabbyBoy

Money that isn't there worth actual money. Yep, I just don't get it either. :scratchhead:

Is any money really "there"?  we're all told the currency is based on stockpiled gold reserves but has anyone (not on a govn't payroll) really been allowed to inspect every single brick - how do you really know it isn't painted plaster in the pics.  the gold hoards in Disney's "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride all looks quite real too. :cheese:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I doubt bitcoin will even be a thing in a few years. It's becoming an easy law enforcement target. It's a shady currency mostly used by shady people I.E. silk road and silk road 2

If you think it's used by mostly shady people then there is a good chance just read the MSM about bitcoin.  ISIS recently announced that they are making gold and silver currency.  Does that mean only all the silver and gold stackers out there should just stop what they are doing because that's what terrorists do.  There are many major retailers out there that now accept crypto not to mention some hedge funds own it as well..  Remember Word Press originally started accepting BTC because that was the only way that the Chinese could post blogs about what is really going on in their country without being censored.  Everybody said BTC peaked when it was $75 and then next thing you know Cypress closed their banks and it shot over 100.  Now I'm not saying that crypto is here to stay but the last thing that will happen is BTC going away because shady people use it.  BTC = Freedom!