75005 - Rancor Pit

cpcarey1225

• 2 months later...

The Rancor Pit is slowly disappearing.  It's gone from Target and Wal Mart, and Amazon has raised its price or gone to 3rd party sellers.  Still available at TRU and Lego shop at home.

Seems like this set will be a winner simply because of the Rancor figure.

Can't wait to see what I can get for these in combo with Jabbas Palace next xmas.

I really want to pick up a JP and the pit to go with it, for personal collection, but Jabba's Palace has appreciated a little too well already :(

It will only get more expensive with the Star Wars frenzy leading up to the movie a year from now.  I don't see them revisiting this set for a long, long time if at all.  

I know, that's why I'm torn. I already don't like the price it's at and it's only going to get worse...

Solution: Buy 4 sets at $40, sell at $60 after fees. Use the $80 profit to subsidize your Jabba's Palace and tadaaaaaaaaaaaa! you have now paid MSRP for it, just with more work.

Unless you never sell anything then you are out of luck except for trades.

I know, that's why I'm torn. I already don't like the price it's at and it's only going to get worse...

Buy it,  you won't regret it.  There's a used one on bricklink for $105 from a US seller, and $115 from a Canadian - that's not too bad.  I really like this set, it's recognizable for what it is, and is compact enough to display well for those of use where shelf space is at a premium.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

a nice Rancor fig, complements/completes Jabba's Palace, plus an OT set...sounds like a winner to me.

only negative is that it has been discounted for a long time at retailers, but i'm a buyer @ 40 or less

9492 has been discounted heavily last year, and yet it is doing very well nowadays. OT, memorable SW scene, unique mini figs. A sure winner IMO.

is it still decent to get some at $49.99 considering that's $10 less than msrp? even at that price, should hit $100 fairly easily right? 

I think that buy in is a little high. You will still make money but will have to wait longer. Even in Canada some people found it for 37.50, half off Canadian msrp of $75.

I agree that $50 is a little high for the buy-in price. These were available for around $40 and cheaper throughout the year. All the Rancor Pits I bought were purchased at $40 or lower.

• Like 1

fair enough, but isn't the point to always try and get at below msrp and $50 is still 18% lower respectfully.  even at msrp lego appreciates and you will most likely always make money, especially holding on to it.  considering this set is now gone and likely retired, it has already started appreciating so finding it at msrp is still good and at discount is just a bonus at this point.  that's the way i see it.  

all it really means is that i'll have made $10 less if i sell at the same time you guys do.  not a big deal.  price points are different for everyone.  i still see this set hitting $100+ pretty easily.  

but thanks, i value everyone's opinions

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Piggy backing the last two posts . . .

At my local B&N they have had one for some time now at their reg price of $62.99. I finally bit on it today. I usually like to have 2, one to save, and one to build. I see Amazon has it down to $69 right now, and it has been up and down for a few months. Any thoughts on if this is still a good price to pick up another one?

Edited by jhallack31

I'd suspect this set will be around 100.00 by christmas.  I personally, am going to hold onto mine until next year, but we will see.  This one dried out about 2 months ago, so it's still got a ways to go.  You can probably pick one up cheaper on ebay at the moment if you play the game.