75005 - Rancor Pit

cpcarey1225

$42 is fine to grab a few.  my gut feeling (not worth a dime) tells me this set might retire early if Jabba's Palace gets retired.

cheapest i've paid was $$38.66 amazon last nov. it was one of my gold box deals.  i own around 10 now so i'm pretty sold on this set's potential (mainly the rancor and how it connects to Jabba's Palace)

you can always pick-up more down the road if it hits below $40 again (which it should if it stays around)

$42 is the 30% markdown at target. If you are willing to gamble you can hold out for a little longer for the next markdown which would be 50%. Personally, I would buy it at $42. I own 12, all bought between $40-$50. I left a few at $42 hoping for the next discount, but they didn't make it. It all depends on your area and how popular lego is there. If you think they will last, then roll the dice.

• Like 1

$42 is fine to grab a few.  my gut feeling (not worth a dime) tells me this set might retire early if Jabba's Palace gets retired.

cheapest i've paid was $$38.66 amazon last nov. it was one of my gold box deals.  i own around 10 now so i'm pretty sold on this set's potential (mainly the rancor and how it connects to Jabba's Palace)

you can always pick-up more down the road if it hits below $40 again (which it should if it stays around)

They only had two on the shelf.  Pretty much, my closest Target's shelves were pretty bare as far as Lego themed series'.  I doubt I would see another sale on these at this location.

If you have any KMart stores nearby, most of the Rancor Pits are marked clearance at $45 and you get an additional 30% off this week.  This brings them down to $31.50 each before tax.  If you are a Shop Your Way Rewards member, you can get reward points and bonus points on some of these purchases too.

If you have any KMart stores nearby, most of the Rancor Pits are marked clearance at $45 and you get an additional 30% off this week.  This brings them down to $31.50 each before tax.  If you are a Shop Your Way Rewards member, you can get reward points and bonus points on some of these purchases too.

Picked up 2 this way at Kmart yesterday and got a coupon for $10 off my next Lego purchase of $50 or more.

• Like 1

I have been out of buying Lego for awhile as we all know it is an expensive hobby, especially for a PT worker/FT student. Anyhow, I saw a couple Rancor sets at Target today for $42, or something around there. As of now, I only have one SW set, but really like this Rancor set for the big mini-fig and the cool packaging. Is this still too much to pay? One of the investment reviews says to wait till they are around $15!?!.....ummmmm, when/where would I ever find this set on a store shelf for that??

Thanks for any comments.

If they have a lot of them they may get marked down to 50% off. Does he shelf have a clearance tag? At a store near me they have a bunch of atte rancor pits and xwings that they didn't mark so no one knows they are on clearance. I'm hoping they go 50% on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I have been to a bunch of targets in the last couple of weeks and several stores did go 50% off on these last week ($29.99.)  Seemed like the stores that had no lego clearance 2 weeks ago went right to 50% off last Wed/Thursday and skipped the 30% off.  Also if you have any Kroger marketplace stores, all of ours had them for $29.99 also.

somehow a walmart near me had these marked down to 30 on clearance.

i think its worth getting on clearance because it goes with jabba's palace - it turns jabba's palace into a two level set - i'm sure in the future you could get a premium if you have a matched pair to go with any JP's lying around.

I think $42 is alright. Not grand but doable. I saw one left on the shelf for this much and put it back same as the most recent X-Wing set.

One of the investment reviews says to wait till they are around $15!?!.....ummmmm, when/where would I ever find this set on a store shelf for that??

Shopko. Tell them you're a friend of Terry. :secret:
  • Like 1

Same here, passed on 6 at my local Wally World for $40.....hoping they drop again, but I live in the sticks of CO so they may be sent to another store near Denver.  Or, should I bite and get at least 3?.........."help us Obie Wan......your my our only hope"

It's hard to say.  Walmarts usually take a lot longer to hit additional clearance levels, if they do it at all.  I've got one store still sitting on a stack of Attack of the Wargs that have been at $40 since last August.  Being in the sticks, you'd probably know best how your store handles clearance.  In my area targets are always a much better source of deals, but competition is fierce and sets move quickly.  If you have any targets around I'd recommend checking them out as most of them should be moving whatever clearance items they have left to 50% off soon. 

That stinks...  Well, I know KMart literally stinks, but I hate to see them shutdown too.  If you don't have any, at least get one at $42 and then get a few more if they drop again.

To my knowledge, KMart is merging with Sears or one bought out the other.  Expect lesser grossing Kmarts to be shutting down all over the place maybe?.

• 2 weeks later...

Very unlikely to go eol so soon, sometimes a sub theme don't last too long like the superhero bionicles or whole themes like LR, but I cant see why this set would be pulled so soon, people will be buying to go with their JP, plus sets in the US last for ages. Have a look on websites for availability, sometimes its a sign if its low in stock. I will jump on these at 50% off which means i'll probably be letting these pass me by. In the secondary market, the rancor (though cool looking) is still comparable to a wampa or taun-taun, luke 5, guard 10, keeper 10, rancor 25. In all honesty the investment value on this set, I'm not really sure.

Very unlikely to go eol so soon, sometimes a sub theme don't last too long like the superhero bionicles or whole themes like LR, but I cant see why this set would be pulled so soon, people will be buying to go with their JP, plus sets in the US last for ages. Have a look on websites for availability, sometimes its a sign if its low in stock. I will jump on these at 50% off which means i'll probably be letting these pass me by. In the secondary market, the rancor (though cool looking) is still comparable to a wampa or taun-taun, luke 5, guard 10, keeper 10, rancor 25. In all honesty the investment value on this set, I'm not really sure.

After today, I hope to see them at 75% off on Shop.Lego.Com.