75005 - Rancor Pit

cpcarey1225

Anyone play "The Force Unleashed" for PS3/Wii/360? There's one stage in there where you go to some planet infested with Rancor's and end up killing a bunch of them and some people who ride around on em'. I played the game years ago, so excuse my lack of detail. If Lego is doing sets based on KOTOR though, I guess there's no reason they couldn't do them for this game. I guess that's one way to get another Rancor in a set.

Pretty much. Nothing really there in the parts department. I guess there's fat boy, Malakili, to toss in there for decent measure.exactly. this set will be slow seller after JP is gone. even if it has another 18 months of shelf life, it should be a very inactive one. it should be offered many times at decent discounts until it's EOL.

this set will be a brickpicker winner despite the small # of elements, having not much to it (outside of mr. rancor, and being the basement attachment to JP).

i could very well be wrong but "the force" in my gut is telling me otherwise.

Also it would be interesting to know how many people that has bought JP also has a Rancor Pit to go with it. I know most investors do, so I am mostly talking about collectors. I am guessing that JP is a lot more popular and many more people have that one by itself. If the Rancor Pit retires fairly soon too, then it could end up being very valuable for all those collectors that missed out on getting it and therefore increase it price.

Anyone play "The Force Unleashed" for PS3/Wii/360? There's one stage in there where you go to some planet infested with Rancor's and end up killing a bunch of them and some people who ride around on em'. I played the game years ago, so excuse my lack of detail. If Lego is doing sets based on KOTOR though, I guess there's no reason they couldn't do them for this game. I guess that's one way to get another Rancor in a set.

I did play that level on my PS2. Starkiller had to kill a bunch of Rancors on Felucia in order to beat the level. I think Maris Brood was the one that controlled the rancor(s) throughout the level. Fun game. I wonder if Lego would make a rancor from that game considering it has been awhile since the game has been released?

I JUST picked up 2 more Rancors from yoyo.com for $89.90 after tax. Honestly, i would considered this a semi-decent %off purchase if the sets didn't retail for $59.99. Heck, the retail should be $39.99 or $44.99 max.

Anyway, here is the best part of the order. Yoyo is using LaserShip and the scheduled delivery date is TODAY.

I think that if the Rancor Pit outlasts Jabba's Palace, it will make the value of Jabba's Palace increase way more than if they went EOL at the same time. IMO, the Rancor Pit isn't really that important of a set, and to me, only a worthwhile set if you also have Jabba's Palace. I actually think that it could go EOL at the same time as the Palace.

I think that if the Rancor Pit outlasts Jabba's Palace, it will make the value of Jabba's Palace increase way more than if they went EOL at the same time. IMO, the Rancor Pit isn't really that important of a set, and to me, only a worthwhile set if you also have Jabba's Palace. I actually think that it could go EOL at the same time as the Palace.

Good point about the Rancor Pit increasing the value of Jabba's Palace.

great points.

if EOL for 75005 is indeed on the same timeline as JP, wow! $ CHA CHING $

does anyone know how many (or have examples of) original trilogy-based star wars set went EOL only have 1 year? The Rancor alone will keep some interest in this set but then throw in the JP factor plus a 1 yr shelf life.

i know , i know.. i'm putting the cart before the horse.

• 1 month later...

This set is lingering around the $48.29 price range. Really waiting to see it drop to $40 or pretty darn close.

At $45, I'll bite for the personal collection. I haven't seen it get that low yet, though, or I guess I missed it when I and many others were sleeping.

At $45, I'll bite for the personal collection. I haven't seen it get that low yet, though, or I guess I missed it when I and many others were sleeping.

I think it went to around that price on Amazon one day but lasted a very short time.

Its kinda crazy, but right after I posted that, I checked my "Today's Deals" on Amazon and the Pit is on there under my quick picks for $45.88. Guess I better put my money where my mouth is and pick this thing up finally.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting...the pit is nla from amzn. There is a note that it is under review due to customer complaints... Allah (admiral) ackbar again?

Good catch, Willy. Here's the note that's with its listing:

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Back in stock and 44 in goldbox.  Really thinking about.....but it appears to suck unless you pair it with jabba...and I am not shelling  out 150 for pleasure  legos..only buying investments for a while....and there is no profit in this set at 44 bucks.

Back in stock and 44 in goldbox.  Really thinking about.....but it appears to suck unless you pair it with jabba...and I am not shelling  out 150 for pleasure  legos..only buying investments for a while....and there is no profit in this set at 44 bucks.

I can say it does look bad if you have it by itself. This set needs a lot more Jabba's Palace than the other way around.