Introducing Brick Classifieds and More Data!!

It will probably go past May 1st. I can only work on so many projects at once and the past week or so has been dedicated to getting this new data live.

Take your time man! You and Ed have already done so much for this site over the past year or two. A couple years ago I never would have imagined a site this amazing and helpful.

Take your time man! You and Ed have already done so much for this site over the past year or two. A couple years ago I never would have imagined a site this amazing and helpful.

Agreed! I didn't mean to make you feel like you were behind or anything. Sorry! You guys have put a lot of hard work into this site over the last couple of years. I know us members really appreciate it.

We finished up the new review section today and the new contest will be released shortly, with the new data soon as well. We have both been very busy at work. Once the new UK and Australia feeds go live and the contest is announced, Jeff will finish up the Brick Classifieds. We also have another huge site improvement underway as well. Big time surprise...

We finished up the new review section today and the new contest will be released shortly, with the new data soon as well. We have both been very busy at work. Once the new UK and Australia feeds go live and the contest is announced, Jeff will finish up the Brick Classifieds. We also have another huge site improvement underway as well. Big time surprise...

You guys certainly do have a LOT on your plate. I love every bit of it and am constantly surprised with how much the site just keeps getting better than before which I can't see being done yet you always find a way to! Bravo, Ed & Jeff!

I know I have been chomping at the bit for the new review section and Brick Classifieds!

This is gonna be so AWESOME!!!!

You guys certainly do have a LOT on your plate. I love every bit of it and am constantly surprised with how much the site just keeps getting better than before which I can't see being done yet you always find a way to! Bravo, Ed & Jeff!

I know I have been chomping at the bit for the new review section and Brick Classifieds!

This is gonna be so AWESOME!!!!

Yeah, we might have too much on the plate. Jeff has just been jamming at work. We are always finding new ways to improve things, it's time that we are lacking.

We all love what you guys do. Its not always about the money. Thanks for making this not just lucrative, but also fun.

You guys have done an amazing job with this site. I'm addicted. My wife keeps shooting me weird looks when she sees the little Brick Picker logo in the upper left hand corner. Oh well, she's just jealous!

I'm just jealous at you and your dang review numbers. Seriously, has carpel tunnel set in yet, because I feel like I'm writing my butt off and you're still killing me! A side note - my wife keeps giving me weird looks too. :) good job man!

I'm just jealous at you and your dang review numbers. Seriously, has carpel tunnel set in yet, because I feel like I'm writing my butt off and you're still killing me! A side note - my wife keeps giving me weird looks too. :) good job man!

You guys are all doing fantastic jobs. Mike is a friggin reviewing maniac! LOL

I'm just jealous at you and your dang review numbers. Seriously, has carpel tunnel set in yet, because I feel like I'm writing my butt off and you're still killing me! A side note - my wife keeps giving me weird looks too. :) good job man! Yeah really. Why hasn't your arms fallen of yet, mikeur86?! Ha ha ha.

You certainly are on a roll with them so credit goes to you man. :)

Hahahah thanks guys! I used to love reviewing movies and I did a couple of reviews over at blu-ray.com. But Lego's are much better to review! Though sometimes I will have my son's lego set right next to the computer looking it over intensely as my wife glares at me in the background.

hahaha I think the same thing myself every time new reviews are approved. It seems like for every review I write he already has done 5 lol.

Great job! not only you are producing a lot of reviews, but all of them are very high quality as well, keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update: Ed and I wanted to get the set reviews system updated and get the contest launched. That is done for now and has been a great success. I am currently working price guide data for the new month (April 2013), this next update will include the regions for UK, EU, and Australia. Data is crunching now and I just have a little more design work on the page. Updates to the forum are happening too, but that is not all in my hands. Over the next few days, these projects should be done which will then put me back in the drivers seat for the classifieds. It was close to done when I cut over to these, so it won't be much longer.

Just a quick update:

Ed and I wanted to get the set reviews system updated and get the contest launched. That is done for now and has been a great success.

I am currently working price guide data for the new month (April 2013), this next update will include the regions for UK, EU, and Australia. Data is crunching now and I just have a little more design work on the page.

Updates to the forum are happening too, but that is not all in my hands.

Over the next few days, these projects should be done which will then put me back in the drivers seat for the classifieds. It was close to done when I cut over to these, so it won't be much longer.

Thanks for the update!

Just a quick update:

Ed and I wanted to get the set reviews system updated and get the contest launched. That is done for now and has been a great success.

I am currently working price guide data for the new month (April 2013), this next update will include the regions for UK, EU, and Australia. Data is crunching now and I just have a little more design work on the page.

Updates to the forum are happening too, but that is not all in my hands.

Over the next few days, these projects should be done which will then put me back in the drivers seat for the classifieds. It was close to done when I cut over to these, so it won't be much longer.

The new set guide page looks very impressive and the forum update will be a huge surprise to most members. A lot of stuff going on behind the scenes.

• 2 months later...

Soooo 2 months have passed without any news on the classifieds... I'm guessing that Ed and Jeff are enjoying the sea somewhere haha

But seriously guys, when can we expect the classifieds?

Development of the classifieds was put on hold for a while when converting to the new forums and adding other things to the site.  Once the forums were in place we tried having some people help out but that didn't work out so I went back to the original plan, but working in changes for paying for listings with Brickpoints. I have also been very busy with my normal 9-5.  Like I told some people in the chat room the other night, programming for 10+ hours for work, then trying to put in x number of hours on this at night doesn't do much for the brain :)   I am trying my best.  I have said it before, there is a large chunk done, at this point its just a lot of polish and clean up.

My goodness. Take your time. I can't beleive you even have to make an excuse over this. This site is obviously a project and passion away from normal work, as is LEGO investing for most of us.

As far as I am concerned, if you're not directly contributing to the work involved in updating and maintaining this site, you need to hold your tongue about how long new features take.

Sorry if that comes off harsh to anyone, but demands or impatience made from the peanut gallery really, really get under my skin.

• Like 4