Introducing Brick Classifieds and More Data!!

Don't forget, we are not the people shipping the product. Its any of the sellers. So any discounts would never carry through to everyone else. All sellers are essentially their own company. Everyone also sells at different volumes, so I really don't think that would work out here. We are showing people all the available options and to try and eliminate guestimates and also save them the time of going to USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc

Ok, perfect

I love this. If anyone chooses to want to pay more, we will setup special pages for you :)

Its a super simple process, the links to ebay/amazon are still just links to those listings and the full transaction will take place on those sites. We are just advertising them. You will see, it will be just as much of a win for them.

Good work!

This way BP community can sell to eachother with less fear of scams etc.

I would like to think of it as a simpler and cheaper Bricklink, with a feedback system, payment tools, shipping tools, and rules designed around selling and marketing LEGO sets and parts. But in a way, it is like Craig

I love this. If anyone chooses to want to pay more, we will setup special pages for you :)

Its a super simple process, the links to ebay/amazon are still just links to those listings and the full transaction will take place on those sites. We are just advertising them. You will see, it will be just as much of a win for them.

Good work!

I would like to think of it as a simpler and cheaper Bricklink, with a feedback system, payment tools, shipping tools, and rules designed around selling and marketing LEGO sets and parts. But in a way, it is like Craig

Great news. I have a few questions in mind and the pressing one is: Who did the voiceover for the short video / ad ? Was it Jeff or Ed ? :D On the serious note, since we have quite a few members under the age of 18, there needs to be some kind of guidelines when engaging in any transactions with them. For example, I am not interested in selling $300 worth of LEGO just for the parents to turn around and demand the money back for whatever reason. Or, if in a middle of a negotiation the other party is grounded from accessing internet for a month, putting the deal in limbo. My point is there are sets of cirmcumstances for teenagers that adults do not have to deal with.

Great news. I have a few questions in mind and the pressing one is: Who did the voiceover for the short video / ad ? Was it Jeff or Ed ? :D

On the serious note, since we have quite a few members under the age of 18, there needs to be some kind of guidelines when engaging in any transactions with them. For example, I am not interested in selling $300 worth of LEGO just for the parents to turn around and demand the money back for whatever reason. Or, if in a middle of a negotiation the other party is grounded from accessing internet for a month, putting the deal in limbo.

My point is there are sets of circumstances for teenagers that adults do not have to deal with.

We are simply a conduit to connect a seller and buyer. The seller can set whatever rules they want and sell it to whomever they want. There will be a large section in which you can post whatever guidelines you want a buyer to meet.

We are the advertiser...like a newspaper. But unlike a newspaper or Craigslist, we will also give you tools to make a transaction with another party easier, safer, faster and most of all, cost effective.

Good work!

As far as the Current Market values go for new and used sets (that compiled from ebay selling averages), will you now be factoring in sets that sell in the Brick Classifieds that are non ebay and Amazon transactions, when coming up with new monthly values? For example, say I (a Brickpicker member) sold a set to another Brickpicker member without linking my sale to ebay or Amazon. Will sales like this be factored in with the ebay Terapeak info when coming up with Current Market values for new and used sets?

If you price it right, you will do well. If you try to go for a 200% profit, then its the seller's loss. Why would we want to have 10,000 sets sitting on our marketplace that will probably never go anywhere. It's completely up to the seller how they wan to handle their business. We are just giving them the tools.

As far as the Current Market values go for new and used sets (that compiled from ebay selling averages), will you now be factoring in sets that sell in the Brick Classifieds that are non ebay and Amazon transactions, when coming up with new monthly values? For example, say I (a Brickpicker member) sold a set to another Brickpicker member without linking my sale to ebay or Amazon. Will sales like this be factored in with the ebay Terapeak info when coming up with Current Market values for new and used sets?

It won't be factored into the ebay data, but over time, once there is a solid dataset, it will get its own graph,etc. Also be added to the brickfolio to show different options. This will all take time to incorporate into the site.

It won't be factored into the ebay data, but over time, once there is a solid dataset, it will get its own graph,etc. Also be added to the brickfolio to show different options. This will all take time to incorporate into the site.

Cool, makes sense. Thanks for the quick response!

If you price it right, you will do well. If you try to go for a 200% profit, then its the seller's loss. Why would we want to have 10,000 sets sitting on our marketplace that will probably never go anywhere. It's completely up to the seller how they wan to handle their business. We are just giving them the tools.

Yes I absolutely agree, just exposed the theory nothing else....

Its a good move.

Good work!

Good work!

We are simply a conduit to connect a seller and buyer. The seller can set whatever rules they want and sell it to whomever they want. There will be a large section in which you can post whatever guidelines you want a buyer to meet.

We are the advertiser...like a newspaper. But unlike a newspaper or Craigslist, we will also give you tools to make a transaction with another party easier, safer, faster and most of all, cost effective.

I like the ability to set my own guidelines.

Will there be a way to display your eBay and/or Amazon feedback counts ? Not just a link to your online eBay/Amazon store, but a way to display your actual eBay feedback rating that refresh (semi) regularly to show your latest number.

Will there be a way to display your eBay and/or Amazon feedback counts ? Not just a link to your online eBay/Amazon store, but a way to display your actual eBay feedback rating that refresh (semi) regularly to show your latest number.

I expect everyone to know how to ship items if they can find Brickpicker.com ...

So I think we should avoid chaining feedbacks...

I expect everyone to know how to ship items if they can find Brickpicker.com ...

Disagreed. A presence in Brickpicker does not necessarily mean selling experience.

Disagreed. A presence in Brickpicker does not necessarily mean selling experience.But no presence on Ebay does not mean lack of selling experience either...

I have 6 feedbacks on my Ebay and believe me I can ship items :). It takes common sense and a little brain to know how to ship not 200 or whatever feedback :P

Jeff and I have talked about this and think it's a good idea to show feedback from other sites if so desired. We will have to figure out how to do it correctly.

Yes, this feature is already there.

Wow, this is great! Loving the simple concept done well. Excellent stuff, very much looking forward to participating. Top stuff with the extra data to guys! Will be very interesting to compare prices across those markets. I think some people will be in for a shock on the variances :)