75313 - UCS AT-AT

exciter1

12 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

Anyone have any success quick flipping this set? I sold a Luke Lightsaber for $160 in about 10 min. 

Look at eBay sold listings over 1K, it is an interesting but small market.  This set is overpriced by 20% compared to MILF, 40% compared to Titanic, and a whopping 50% compared to Home Alone based on PPP. I don’t have the weight yet but I will look at the same sets based on PPG when mine arrives tomorrow. I don’t see this set having much room for growth pre-retirement not sure about after. 

6 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Look at eBay sold listings over 1K, it is an interesting but small market.  This set is overpriced by 20% compared to MILF, 40% compared to Titanic, and a whopping 50% compared to Home Alone based on PPP. I don’t have the weight yet but I will look at the same sets based on PPG when mine arrives tomorrow. I don’t see this set having much room for growth pre-retirement not sure about after. 

My plan is to flip locally 2 week prior to Christmas (too late to get a gift shipped and most store OOS on anything good); all sanity is gone by then and frantic gift givers will throw money at anything w/ a wow factor to make up for poor planning.  I flipped Diagon Alley for $500 last year this way.

The worst thing that can happen is I get the set I always wanted for Christmas 😁

23 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

Anyone have any success quick flipping this set? I sold a Luke Lightsaber for $160 in about 10 min. 

This guy sold 3 one for $849 free shipping and he has 30 left. No history on this account as a lego seller. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-UCS-Star-Wars-AT-AT-75313-The-Ultimate-Collector-Series-SHIPS-SAME-DAY-/125026510452?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

4 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

You gotta sell for at least $960 to break even (with free shipping). SO this guy is losing money. Unless the items are hot or he has a inside connection to get them at employee discount or similar.  But you can absorb more if you're selling the luke lightsaber for $150. But those are limited. 

Edited by Gonkalin

11 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

You gotta sell for at least $960 to break even (with free shipping). SO this guy is losing money. Unless the items are hot or he has a inside connection to get them at employee discount or similar.  But you can absorb more if you're selling the luke lightsaber for $150. But those are limited. 

Some type of connection to get over 30. He already tanked the lightsaber listing. Maybe it’s @ravenb99new account and he used all of his VIP points to buy them from LL NY ;) 

ETA: or Mr. Beast payed a bunch of homeless people $10 to wait in line. It is NY so anything goes. 

Edited by Pseudoty

47 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

??? all of their history is LEGO,  mostly past gwp's

34 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Some type of connection to get over 30. He already tanked the lightsaber listing. Maybe it’s @ravenb99new account and he used all of his VIP points to buy them from LL NY ;) 

ETA: or Mr. Beast payed a bunch of homeless people $10 to wait in line. It is NY so anything goes. 

NY , way to cold for me...

55 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

In for 3

I would have to sell this for $1182 Canadian just to break even. I suppose one could factor in the VIP points and freebies but I don’t.

These high buy in sets are not worth reselling in my opinion, especially when first released. If planning to sell that Saber I’d hold onto it for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you can't flip Luke's light saber this season wait till Vader's comes out.

here's my take on these since Yoda's came out:

Yoda was a GWP for $200 R2-D2; after-market price plateaued at $85

Luke's was a GWP for $800 AT-AT; price has been around $130-$160...Yoda's recent sold prices were $250-$300

kinda gives you and idea of what might happen when Vader's saber comes out

...the whole series could be $1k in 5 years 

if you can't flip Luke's light saber this season wait till Vader's comes out.
here's my take on these since Yoda's came out:
Yoda was a GWP for $200 R2-D2; after-market price plateaued at $85
Luke's was a GWP for $800 AT-AT; price has been around $130-$160...Yoda's recent sold prices were $250-$300
kinda gives you and idea of what might happen when Vader's saber comes out
...the whole series could be $1k in 5 years 

Wasn't Yodas with the Cantina?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk