75313 - UCS AT-AT

exciter1

25 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

Was just at small lego store in Columbys Ohio. They had about 50 AT-ATs. Seems like lego might have done better job with inventory for this Black Friday. Normally this store has about 20-30 of these big sets at launch. 

Same here in AZ. Employees kept restocking. On another sad note, the store had all of the retiring sets available and no discounts. Sad sad Black Friday, I hope this does not become the new normal.

I grabbed one at my local Lego store.  They probably had 50 or so.  It was notable how many other large exclusive sets they had in the store.  It's a mid-size store and probably 40%-50% of the shelf space was used for sets that are $100+.

It was also notable that almost everything was full price.  There was a small section of sets discounted to 20% off, but they were clearly ones that were being cleared and did not include any major sets.  This is the first time I can remember when the Lego store had no specials for BF.

5 minutes ago, redcell said:

I grabbed one at my local Lego store.  They probably had 50 or so.  It was notable how many other large exclusive sets they had in the store.  It's a mid-size store and probably 40%-50% of the shelf space was used for sets that are $100+.

It was also notable that almost everything was full price.  There was a small section of sets discounted to 20% off, but they were clearly ones that were being cleared and did not include any major sets.  This is the first time I can remember when the Lego store had no specials for BF.

Well, just for that, I’m not going to run any specials either.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, JoshB said:

Same here in AZ. Employees kept restocking. On another sad note, the store had all of the retiring sets available and no discounts. Sad sad Black Friday, I hope this does not become the new normal.

I think Jeff said it best in another thread: this tradition is fading and so are the suggestion of any real bargains.  Everyone has Razor Crest and some of you were smart enough to find it for 40% already.  

Well, just for that, I’m not going to run any specials either.
Dude...if you have to run specials doing what we do, you're doing something wrong.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Its like people doubted me that no big sets were on sale...
I didn't doubt you on that...I just didn't think they would have ***any*** sets on sale. Not even on $20-$50 MSRP sets that are retiring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, redcell said:

Dude...if you have to run specials doing what we do, you're doing something wrong.

I didn't doubt you on that...I just didn't think they would have ***any*** sets on sale. Not even on $20-$50 MSRP sets that are retiring.

yeah was nothing except a few oddball sets

I remember BF past of 50 percent off White House and Doctor Who plus a snowglobe promo for 100+ now THAT was a black friday sale.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Poncke said:

Still readily available now in Europe, bit of a bummer, bought 2 hoping it would go TOOS, but no luck. So basically sitting on 1600 euro that I cant get back anytime soon. LOL. 

You can always just return to LEGO, I believe return shipping is free and usually 60 days, so you are not losing anything

I don’t think this set is worth investing in right away. Even with it TOOS in most countries it’s still only selling around 1200 (Canadian). That’s only about $125 over the cost here in Canada and on top of that you have all your EBay/PayPal fees so you might be breaking even and might still take a little loss.

Big sets like this are a tough sell until retirement. While it’s the most iconic Empire vehicle, it doesn’t have the same appeal as the Falcon. I think once Xmas is over this will be in stock most of the time.

The Saber is the thing with great potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Harley Quinn said:

I don’t think this set is worth investing in right away. Even with it TOOS in most countries it’s still only selling around 1200 (Canadian). That’s only about $125 over the cost here in Canada and on top of that you have all your EBay/PayPal fees so you might be breaking even and might still take a little loss.

Big sets like this are a tough sell until retirement. While it’s the most iconic Empire vehicle, it doesn’t have the same appeal as the Falcon. I think once Xmas is over this will be in stock most of the time.

The Saber is the thing with great potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell that to all the people here in Australia that missed out on the OOS Titanic. It's hard to read the market, and how much  stock Lego have