75313 - UCS AT-AT

exciter1

42 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Which is what I do with a lot of Lego sets. But $800+ is a large cash outlay all at once. I’m in a rare (and lucky) position to do this right now. There’s just the psychological barrier. 

It's a no brainer.  Get it!  If you want to make financial sense out of it right now you could do the Titanic instead and resell it.  No way you're selling the AT AT now.  Can't even sell them new.

4 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

It's a no brainer.  Get it!  If you want to make financial sense out of it right now you could do the Titanic instead and resell it.  No way you're selling the AT AT now.  Can't even sell them new.

Not interested in the Titanic.  I’m buying this for personal build. Has anyone here actually built the AT-AT?  Any buyers remorse?

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

Wife gave green light on purchase:  Yay or Nay?  I’m heading to the Lego store to see it on display.  I’ve never spent so much on one Lego set yet I really want the UCS AT-AT.

Do you like Technic build? I don’t so won’t build this one even though it is a nice display set especially once you pack it with Minifigs. You may get a better deal on eBay since there is no promos GWP from Lego. 

3 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Do you like Technic build? I don’t so won’t build this one even though it is a nice display set especially once you pack it with Minifigs. You may get a better deal on eBay since there is no promos GWP from Lego. 

That’s a good question. Technic building is not typically my favorite. With that being said one of the most satisfying builds I can remember is the UCS Shuttle. I’ve never built anything this large so I’m thinking that the sense of accomplishment will offset some of the Technic “grind”. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Santa’s Yard? So some made it out into the wild?

You are thinking of Santa’s Living Room  

Have at it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Mr-and-Mrs-Claus-Living-Room-40489-MISB-Officially-Cancelled-ULTRA-RARE-/265449613140?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

2 minutes ago, Mathew said:

8F046C2A-CF77-492A-813A-25ED4B61091E.jpeg

Did they give you a Xmas Tree Poly with it?

If you live within distance of the Mall of America, there is a 15% off purchase coupon active at their website that can be used on the AT-AT and several other sets. Website is a bit of a nightmare to maneuver though ...

https://shop.mallofamerica.com/product/at-at-lego-c137a2?model=0&variant=0
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_12/image.png.0d007ef5c2b3297874a08f15d117a422.png
How do I find the coupon?

Edit: Figured it out. Thank you for posting

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

The eBay one is at $1000 with 6 days left....and the seller has zero seller feedback. This isn't going to end well.