Musical Picks

TheOrcKing

Here is the soundtrack to one of Hideo Kojima's coolest games and probably the only reason needed to own a Sega CD ill-fated as that system was unfortunately. The game actually was on different systems between the MSX, PC-88, PC-Engine, Sega CD, Sony PlayStation and Sega Saturn but out of all them, the Sega CD was the best overall until you start going into the special released albums but that's a different story.

bp_1417919104__snatcher.jpg

Love, love LOVE the Sega Saturn shout-out.

When everyone was stuck on Nintendo, we (my Brother and I) were the only kids on the block with a Sega Master System (Alex Kidd in Miracle World), Then Genesis, then Sega-CD (Lunar: the Silver Star; Lunar: Eternal blue, A+++) then, Sega Saturn.

On-topic for music:

_______

On a business trip, today, driving through crappy weather in Iowa when Floyd's "How I Wish You Were Here" hits the radio. The intro to that song may be as powerful a musical arrangement as I know. Lyrically, as well.

Love, love LOVE the Sega Saturn shout-out.

When everyone was stuck on Nintendo, we (my Brother and I) were the only kids on the block with a Sega Master System (Alex Kidd in Miracle World), Then Genesis, then Sega-CD (Lunar: the Silver Star; Lunar: Eternal blue, A+++) then, Sega Saturn.

I wasn't lucky enough to have many of those systems at the time they were available but I did get to play with different buddies who did which probably was more fun that way in playing the games together anyhow. Plus later on various chances arose to buy up a lot of it for cheap way before the sudden surge of people scouring over to collect them nowadays. Moving along, I already posted quite a few soundtracks back in the topic here like The Terminator and both versions for Sonic CD (there were two entirely different soundtracks depending on region both are awesome in my opinion) on the Sega CD, some SNES, PlayStation, and even a few arcade music track lists. Offhand, the soundtrack for the indie game Hydorah is f'ing brilliant.

On-topic for music:

_______

On a business trip, today, driving through crappy weather in Iowa when Floyd's "How I Wish You Were Here" hits the radio. The intro to that song may be as powerful a musical arrangement as I know. Lyrically, as well.

Ah, that is a great tune followed by another good one from the same album of "Welcome to the Machine". Minimal lyrics but trippy visuals of a story.
  • Like 2

Orc (and others into this thread), have you heard the song at the end of Desolation of Smaug by Ed Sheeran? "Fire", or "I See Fire"; something along these lines... incredible as a stand-alone song, and NAILS the feel and theme of the film- a lot like how the right game and soundtrack go hand-in-hand.

Orc (and others into this thread), have you heard the song at the end of Desolation of Smaug by Ed Sheeran? "Fire", or "I See Fire"; something along these lines... incredible as a stand-alone song, and NAILS the feel and theme of the film- a lot like how the right game and soundtrack go hand-in-hand.

I haven't seen the film yet so nope ....but thanks to YouTube, now I have. :)

Wait a minute, Ed Sheeran is the same artist who did the tune "Lego House" wasn't he? ....Yep, here it is.

Somewhat along the same lines, I still love this track from The Gate To The Mind's Eye titled "Valley into the Mind's Eye".

• Like 1