Musical Picks

TheOrcKing

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 6:39 AM, Darth_Raichu said:

Garth Brooks' The Thunder Rolls would have been obvious response, but I'd rather not open that can of worms :D

So, instead:

Oh, you would have been better off with Garth Brooks as I am not so well versed in Country music (although I did like Garth Brooks and a select few other musicians growing up) but since you went with the Hulk Hogan classic, I'm gonna strike back with the version from the original film followed by the full theme from Renegade annnd MacGyver for the win. HOOOAH! :aggressive:

Oh no you didn't :P

Have you ever seen Viper ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suIHb6x6lDw

How about its 2nd incarnation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CSHemWPNn4

Bonus points for actually ever watched an episode of Team Knight Rider :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQZ8ZlQxnbg

Also, Garth Brooks is well known for suing anyone posting any of his music online.  So there is no original Garth Brooks music on Youtube anymore.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 2:32 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

Oh no you didn't :P

Oh yes I did. :cheese:

Have you ever seen Viper ??

Affirmative.

How about its 2nd incarnation?

That one I'm not sure. Some scenes seem familiar but could have been on one of those marathons running a bunch of random episodes from the first and second versions mixed together.

Bonus points for actually ever watched an episode of Team Knight Rider :D

Okay that series completely passed by me.

Also, Garth Brooks is well known for suing anyone posting any of his music online. So there is no original Garth Brooks music on Youtube anymore.

Sounds familiar but it is his music after all.

Alright now it's my turn! Huzzah!

Beastmaster

Starman

Automan

Forever Knight

Starhunter

The Invisible Man (2000)

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 3:37 PM, TheOrcKing said:

Alright now it's my turn! Huzzah!

Beastmaster

Watch an episode, maybe? Not really my jam.  IIRC it took Hercules time slot after it was done

Starman

This was so my thing ;)  It was like Highway to Heaven but with alien :)

Automan

Watched maybe 2 episodes.  Cancelled very quickly, right ?

Forever Knight

Seriously ? This was my favorite Canadian produced TV show :D (Although the very last season was pretty dismal)

Starhunter

Never saw this

The Invisible Man (2000)

Never saw this. Not my thing at the time

How about:

Highway to Heaven (easy, classic ;) )

Remington Steel

Moonlighting

Airwolf (badass TV intro, laughable special effect and "acting")

Bonus round:

Street Hawk

One more:

Misfits of Science

A bunch of "soft balls" for ya ;)

PS: Looking back, I could not believe my parents let me watched some of these stuffs :D

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 4:41 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

Beastmaster the TV series didn't run long and was rather forgettable compared to Hercules or Xena. (The movies were better too.) I can still remember watching the film Starman as a kid and some of the serial. Yes, Automan barely ran one season. Nice to see we have yet another thing in common with Forever Knight. :) I'm not surprised by Starhunter. It's confusing too when there also was a film called "Star Hunter" and not many has seen that either. That last Invisible Man series was a SciFi original back when the channel was actually spelled that way instead of the 'hipper' I suppose SyFy now. It was funny and had some good stuff.

How about:

Highway to Heaven (easy, classic ;) )

Ah, the series that starts out the same way every episode of The Hulk ends. Haha.

Remington Steel

Before he was Bond, he was the guy....who never existed. The banter the two main leads had was fun and witty.

Moonlighting

I bought the DVDs out of curiosity but much like the time this series was shown on TV, I haven't watched it.

Airwolf (badass TV intro, laughable special effect and "acting")

Bonus round:

Street Hawk

I knew somewhere Airwolf was going to rise up in this conversation about .....wait, what were we going on about again? Was it "Themes We Liked" or "Oddball TV Shows"? I can't remember :scratchhead: and got carried away. ^_^ Anywho, I kind of recall Street Hawk a little or should I say the intro. I never saw Misfits of Science but that theme tune was sweet.

Looking back, I could not believe my parents let me watched some of these stuffs

Yeah but is it really any worse than today's offerings of television? Sure the older stuff was corny between effects and acting but a lot of the current ideas considered 'entertainment' is laughable on a different level in some cases, like supposed reality shows, trailer trash. Well before this topic becomes another one about film and television, I'm just going to step back and leave this track fitting of a decade gone here. Good fight, good night. :good:

• Like 1

Keeping a little relevancy to the themes discussed over the past couple days, here I found a nice cover of Brad Fiedel's "Come To Me" from the classic vampire flick "Fright Night" (channel removed). I also added the instrumental version (over the awkward one with vocals) below to help get a sense between the two. Plus the slight remix from the sequel, "Fright Night II". What can I say? Some things are significantly better with a woman's touch.

Brad Fiedel - "Come To Me" (instrumental)

Deborah Holland - "Come To Me"