Recommended YouTube LEGO channels, blogs, websites, etc

ponderingzissou

On 10/4/2021 at 11:50 PM, BillyBricks said:

I haven't watched a ton of his content, so maybe I have missed it somewhere, but where do those predictions come from? Similar price-point set appreciation? Looks like I need to buy every 10294 I can get my hands on and then send my girls to college on the proceeds. 

If I'm wrong about the target price then I'm wrong.  It wouldn't be the first time.  That target price is over a ten year period post retirement.  It should perform similar to Lego Creator Shuttle Adventure (10213).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LegoSteve said:

If I'm wrong about the target price then I'm wrong.  It wouldn't be the first time.  That target price is over a ten year period post retirement.  It should perform similar to Lego Creator Shuttle Adventure (10213).

That's what I was asking about: was this derived from a particular set from the past? I haven't found that video, so is it mentioned that this is where the price point comes from or is that not something that is discussed? (Or I can be sent the link to watch myself and give it another view.)

4 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Speaking of cringe worthy...like fingernails down a chalkboard

Whenever I listen to her, my public communications class professor from colleges reprimand reverberates in my head: "Never end sentences in an upwards lilt!"

Edited by Bricklectic
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

She's coming for YOU!

I wonder how much time she spent on organizing that back shelf...

I think it's a nice eclectic mix using sets that display well and recent popular items.

In terms of her messaging...no resellers mean 90% of retired sets are gone forever...re scalpers...I think resellers using bots are lame...other than that it's fair game

20 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I wonder how much time she spent on organizing that back shelf...

I think it's a nice eclectic mix using sets that display well and recent popular items.

In terms of her messaging...no resellers mean 90% of retired sets are gone forever...re scalpers...I think resellers using bots are lame...other than that it's fair game

She is totally new to lego last year or two at most. So does she not realize where she is getting all of those old retired sets from. 

She is totally new to lego last year or two at most. So does she not realize where she is getting all of those old retired sets from. 
Yep... Pretty much every shopping video she makes she is buying stuff at Bricks and Minifigs, but she doesn't like scalpers and won't "give them her money" lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

I think danibob is underrated. I like that she is grounded and doesnt have the sugary exuberance of some other channels  (I totally get that they do it to get clicks but the enthusiasm is just fake to me, are they really that excited)

image.png.3f6d9e78a5244bceb1978630a916eb73.pngimage.png.729309035a4c98d0231d73ab5d02868c.pngimage.png.ca1dbdb79dc5f8a94ac89a18ff6a8c7a.pngimage.png.7727a34374aad9307b8a5bb4d08f427a.pngimage.png.8dbaad9c9647bd90666286029241eef9.pngimage.png.1686078198e9e6285a7ecfa5ea865d39.pngimage.png.70a23e13679fc9137260993907d3caee.png

someone should just buck the trend and do ONLY deadpan reviews

...or does Jang already fill that description???

I guess i'm thinking a totally structured and uniformed vid that has the box reveal at 35sec, numbered bags always at 1 min, MFs details at 4min, etc...let's face it, many are looking for specific info when watching these vids

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, ponderingzissou said:

I'm assuming most of us have encountered Bricksie. Some topics are better than others. I really like the Santa build. 

https://youtu.be/j_Qh6phV5wY

And this was an interesting "listen" as I multi task

LEGO vs gold investment

actually surprised he is open and even recommends lego investing - most bloggers are opposed. althouh mandr kinda sorta hints that he does it as well

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 1:40 PM, ponderingzissou said:

I'm assuming most of us have encountered Bricksie. Some topics are better than others. I really like the Santa build. 

https://youtu.be/j_Qh6phV5wY

And this was an interesting "listen" as I multi task

LEGO vs gold investment

i tried out Bricksie for a few videos, but he really annoys me for some reason.  I know his story and how he started, but he just seems like a spoiled little brat.  just bugs me lol