The Book of Boba Fett - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Bold-Arrow

1 hour ago, KShine said:

Yes, the cgi is getting there for sure.

I look forward to long gone hollywood legends being able to make new movies.

i had the weird feeling that something was not right (not normal).. my eyes were telling me it's mark hamill but my brain was saying no it's not. Kinda scary in a way,

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, joch29 said:

i had the weird feeling that something was not right (not normal).. my eyes were telling me it's mark hamill but my brain was saying no it's not. Kinda scary in a way,

Man that sums it up for me too.  I wanted to look past it, and for most CGI I can, but I just couldn't get my brain to cooperate.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

Man that sums it up for me too.  I wanted to look past it, and for most CGI I can, but I just couldn't get my brain to cooperate.  

Same, and it really detracted from my enjoyment of the episode until Cad Bane appeared on the horizon.  I don't watch any of the SW animated series, was this his first appearance in a Live Action show? I remember he was a good part out from the Starhopper that Walmart always had in stock. 

19 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Same, and it really detracted from my enjoyment of the episode until Cad Bane appeared on the horizon.  I don't watch any of the SW animated series, was this his first appearance in a Live Action show? I remember he was a good part out from the Starhopper that Walmart always had in stock. 

I can look over the CGI, which has been fascinating seeing the development since MIchael Douglas in Ant-Man or Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy.  It doesn't distract me any longer, it's just awesome. Yes, that's the first appearance of Cad Bane in live action, and he was missing his toothpick.

• Like 2

I thought the CGI was the best I had seen to date, but it works much better when he's not talking. Once the mouth starts moving I become more aware of how lifeless he seems. 

Another thing I couldn't shake last night was Luke's voice - I kept thinking to myself that for someone with decades of experience as a voice actor, Mark Hamill was really delivering the lines in a dispassionate, clunky way. Then I found out today that his voice was completely synthesized. Strikes me as a classic example that just because you have technology doesn't mean you should use it.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 8:30 AM, exciter1 said:

46832F3E-18B4-4698-B693-672291C0B42C.jpeg

finally saw it.

they got the hat all wrong which should have been the easiest part.

The blue face effect made him look babe like and not old wrinkly which is what it should have been...overall awesome to get live action Bane.

the Sheriff ain't dead...1 shot to the right abdomen; idiot deputy dead for sure...3 tap.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

She is a legit fan and cares about the character.

Following Ahsoka in Clone Wars and then Rebels and then in the Ahsoka book; I imagined her being more youthful.

For me Rosario comes off as a sage aunt type...and maybe that's where she is during this time period...but I picture a very lithe and agile Ahsoka...her trademark style through most of the shows. 

I guess the Dawson Ahsoka matches what we see in the last episode of Rebels.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

Following Ahsoka in Clone Wars and then Rebels and then in the Ahsoka book; I imagined her being more youthful.
For me Rosario comes off as a sage aunt type...and maybe that's where she is during this time period...but I picture a very lithe and agile Ahsoka...her trademark style through most of the shows. 

I guess the Dawson Ahsoka matches what we see in the last episode of Rebels.
Strictly following the timeline in the Star Wars Universe, Ahsoka would be in her mid 40s during BoBF/The Mandalorian. She isn't the kid from Clone Wars anymore. I think Rosario Dawson is a great choice.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 3