The Book of Boba Fett - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Bold-Arrow

I wouldn't put too much stock into this latest list...some of the entries will end up being accurate, but it's so early in the year that there will be a number of sets that go off of and come onto the list before all is said and done.

It is very slow and the flashbacks don’t really help whenever he takes his Bacta tank nap.

I do sympathize with the show runners, though. We now have two series with very similar characters along with the forthcoming Kenobi series which will also be set on Tatooine, so there is a big risk of flattening the SW universe into a bland desert setting. The cool thing about the Mandolarien is the series has him traveling across the galaxy, letting us see how cool and varied and bizarre the SW universe is.

The good parts of BoBF’s second episode are the Twins, gladiator Wookiee, and Fennec who basically possess Fett’s old personality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

It is very slow and the flashbacks don’t really help whenever he takes his Bacta tank nap.

I do sympathize with the show runners, though. We now have two series with very similar characters along with the forthcoming Kenobi series which will also be set on Tatooine, so there is a big risk of flattening the SW universe into a bland desert setting. The cool thing about the Mandolarien is the series has him traveling across the galaxy, letting us see how cool and varied and bizarre the SW universe is.

The good parts of BoBF’s second episode are the Twins, gladiator Wookiee, and Fennec who basically possess Fett’s old personality.

It will be nice when the show runners can break away from the gravitational pull of the ANH time period and locations.  There's a whole universe and timeline out there for them to explore, but they keep coming back to the times and settings over and over again.  Don't get me wrong, I love having constant Star Wars, but I can't wait for them to do something in the Old Republic or Darth Bane time periods.

• Like 2

I hope we’ll get some more guest appearances from the comics. I would love to see Dr. Aphra and the dark mirror of C-3PO and R2– Triple Zero and Bee Tee.

I know there’s been a big push to get Dr Aphra on screen, especially played by Chloe Bennet from Agents of SHEILD.

As for Boba’s redemption arc - look, he escaped from the Sarlacc, gets taken as a prisoner by the Tuskens (we get an explanation of multiple tribes), and he’s forced not to have his armor for 5 years.

I’d want to change my ways too.

I know there’s been a big push to get Dr Aphra on screen, especially played by Chloe Bennet from Agents of SHEILD.

As for Boba’s redemption arc - look, he escaped from the Sarlacc, gets taken as a prisoner by the Tuskens (we get an explanation of multiple tribes), and he’s forced not to have his armor for 5 years.

I’d want to change my ways too.

I want to like the show, trust me, but it really does feel so off from the personality and history built up around the character. Even Fennec seems bored with the turn when Fett mentions he had the “dreams again” and basically rolls her eyes at him.

Here’s a bit from the review in The Atlantic https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2022/01/book-of-boba-fett-star-wars-review/621186/:

“So Boba is reimagined as a redemptive sinner, a civilizing savior, and a spiritual quester—a deluge of archetypes that unfortunately crowd out much fun, surprise, and personality. How deflating for the spotlight to finally fall upon the shadowy figure of Boba Fett, only to reveal the kind of trauma-afflicted protector of the innocent that we’ve already seen take center stage so many times. The character’s previous mystique has been replaced by dutifulness and predictability. By the end of the season, will Boba’s primitive pals help him tame the unruly spaceport? Well, does a Bantha poodoo in the desert? (Maybe not?)”

I want to like the show, trust me, but it really does feel so off from the personality and history built up around the character. Even Fennec seems bored with the turn when Fett mentions he had the “dreams again” and basically rolls her eyes at him.

Here’s a bit from the review in The Atlantic https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2022/01/book-of-boba-fett-star-wars-review/621186/:

“So Boba is reimagined as a redemptive sinner, a civilizing savior, and a spiritual quester—a deluge of archetypes that unfortunately crowd out much fun, surprise, and personality. How deflating for the spotlight to finally fall upon the shadowy figure of Boba Fett, only to reveal the kind of trauma-afflicted protector of the innocent that we’ve already seen take center stage so many times. The character’s previous mystique has been replaced by dutifulness and predictability. By the end of the season, will Boba’s primitive pals help him tame the unruly spaceport? Well, does a Bantha poodoo in the desert? (Maybe not?)”

That’s a fair assessment, but I’m willing to wait and see if that’s how it plays out.
  • Like 2

Well, it can't be like the Mandalorian show- a true bounty hunter in the sense at this point.  For one it's still active (he is in it) and Boba's much older now.  You can't tell his story with limited dialogue & they are forced to explain his back story on how he survived.  Not sure what the mass expect?  It's not like The Mandalorian started out fast in its own right.  Over the last 40 years, fans have been programmed to watching a 2 1/2 hour movie for Star Wars.  I'll wait to form judgement at this point.....

So who can clarify how Boba stole 4 speeder bikes, but then the Tusken Raider attack on the train proceeds with 5 bikes?

And why, when the train battle takes minutes with the train progressively picking up speed, the remaining raiders can just run down from a sand dune to the crashed train?

I had no issues with this episodes, but those things stood out as obvious script mistakes. That and the fact that the raiders could suddenly shoot into the moving train and take out attackers where previously they were basically cannon fodder. But that can be explained away using the Storm Trooper logic.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Phil B said:

And why, when the train battle takes minutes with the train progressively picking up speed, the remaining raiders can just run down from a sand dune to the crashed train?

That really jumped out to me as not believable. I am just watching it for a fun escape at this point forward.  

• Like 1

Yeah! Book of Boba Fett is ruining Boba's legacy!

He was amazing in Empire when he stood behind Darth Vader. Was legendary when he shot at and missed Luke. Remember that time He flew away?

Then ROTJ! He was never cooler than when... he was accidently smacked by Han and fell into a hole/pit and died.

Edited by KvHulk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1