9515 - Malevolence

stackables

Yep, it currently sells for around 90. I bought in at 70, so still to early for me. Just curious in the grand scheme if Star Wars sets where this one sits on the iconic scale. I never watched clone wars and also with the new movies coming soon just have no idea how to prognosticate a decent ceiling down the road...

Guest TabbyBoy

Even though this set has been retired for a while, it seems to be a turkey and struggles to get anywhere close to 75% of RRP let alone 100%.  I regret buying 10 of these and no longer invest in prequel rubbish.

Even though this set has been retired for a while, it seems to be a turkey and struggles to get anywhere close to 75% of RRP let alone 100%.  I regret buying 10 of these and no longer invest in prequel rubbish.

It is above MSRP here.

Yep, it currently sells for around 90. I bought in at 70, so still to early for me. Just curious in the grand scheme if Star Wars sets where this one sits on the iconic scale. I never watched clone wars and also with the new movies coming soon just have no idea how to prognosticate a decent ceiling down the road...

I was in the first two or three episodes of The Clone Wars and then it was destroyed.  It was cool, but I think it holds a niche spot.

I haven't watched the whole series so I have no idea if it ever made a comeback.

From a build perspective it has some somewhat interesting features like a Gatling gun style missile launcher, but overall the build was somewhat frustrating, the insides is reasonably bland and unplayable, and the Padme figure is hideous.

However I do like the fact that is has the "swoosh" handle for easier play with the giant blue log!

I just wonder if there are clone war maniacs out there that will drive up the market for these.

This set only retired a little over 4 months ago (http://brickset.com/sets/9515-1/Malevolence).  I guarantee you that it will make you money around July of next year!  ;)

Man don't you wish you were in america. You know how many I passed at $64 (now worth $150)?

To be fair, I only passed up on them because I had a lot of money tied up. I went back but they were gone. But still.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Even though it's been EOL for a while, several UK stores still have plenty in stock. I bought 10 from Asda (UK Walmart) at -40% and still won't get money back yet. I'm getting rid as soon as I can break even.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Thanks! I had already decided to return one, but now I think I will send both back to buy more Mixer (which I think will be sought after if they make a series of it) or Slave 1.

The Slave 1 is a no brainer!

Guest TabbyBoy

Pazappa didn't ask for thoughts on whether to return or not. He was seeking thoughts on the tape seals.

With the upcoming SW movies , I would be very careful unloading / returning sets especially the larger ones. This set isn't like a typical refresh / rehash.

Oops, the police have spoken so I'll forever hang my head in utter shame.  I really meant to say that 9515 is the best set ever produced and will be 5x RRP by the time it goes EOL ;-)

• 1 month later...