9515 - Malevolence

stackables

You haven't been to my walmart with their row of $49.97 vizslas plus walmart.com let alone my TRU who may have more Skifs then Ike ;)

my walmart is loaded with Previszla - more than any other SW Lego set. there are 10 all at 49.97.  

they haven't sold one in the last 4 months.

I'm pretty sure that these three sets are gone or are going to be retired soon. They are all sold out on Lego.com because of the May the 4th promotion, can't be found in any retail stores including Lego, and the sets are nearly 2 years old. Target.com and TRU.com have them listed above msrp.

I was expecting them to retire shortly after the sale. The May 4th sale was most likely used to sell of the remaining stock of these sets before they are officially retired.

Out of production but likely to be around a while ala vamp castle

Probably if no one wants these sets. It will take a while for them to sell. In my area, there aren't a lot of them left, but the few sets that are left are taking a long time to get off the shelves.

Around me, the only set not still out in either Walmart or TRU is Malevolence. Walmart always has the Pre Viszla set and TRU always has the Skiff set. They've been just sitting there for quite sometime as MSRP. Until they have sales of their own to get rid of their in-store stock, I'm guessing they'll languish on quite a bit longer. Especially the Pre Viszla set. It's not really a recognized or iconic ship, and the character isn't a huge part of the Clone Wars.

All three of these are gone from my area in order of the Desert Skiff early last year, Malevolence some time afterwards, and Pre Visla's Mandalorian Fighter just recently I believe as in a month or so ago. Now I'm guessing many of those unsold Desert Skiffs were simply shipped to other areas if some people are seeing them still.

• 1 month later...

that's a tough question because it was readily available for large discount (I've heard as low as $54.00) last year...of course, not that it's "gone" I wouldn't think you could find it cheap anymore unless you really get lucky at some out-of-the-way store.

If you don't mind it being used, maybe you can score a cheaper one on Ebay. For example, this one sold on June 1:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-The-Malevolence-9515-/221448927146?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item338f6277aa

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

NO DEAL !!!

.... Unless 75% off for parts. It's a dreadful set, very unpopular and I regret buying 10 at half price. I''m only buying original trilogy sets now.

NO DEAL !!!

.... Unless 75% off for parts. It's a dreadful set, very unpopular and I regret buying 10 at half price. I''m only buying original trilogy sets now.

Yes, the original trilogy sets seem to get more love...especially now with the new movie in production.

Guest TabbyBoy

Yes, the original trilogy sets seem to get more love...especially now with the new movie in production.

I can only agree, I reckon the sky's the limit on R2-D2 as he's also in the new movie. I just hope he's not remade.

NO DEAL !!!

This would imply that all of the 38 sellers here http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-9515-Malevolence/dp/B007Q0OVA2/ have no idea what they are doing (minimum price is $179+$6.49), and 68 customers who bothered to leave 4-5 star reviews are paid by Lego shills

Thank you for the opinions everyone! Ended up pulling the trigger on it.  I'm a fan of the Clone Wars series so it's attractiveness has increased for me as time has gone on.  I'll check TRU over the weekend and see if they have budged on the price.  Last I was there it was slightly above MSRP

You may have a chance to get it cheaper but if you really want a sealed one, that's not a bad price.  And like matt1147 said, it's getting harder to find now.  They were 1/2 price on the May the 4th weekend at SAH but supplies only lasted a very short time.

Still salty over the 4th haha I couldn't decide on a third set to get in addition to the Vizsla and Malevolence and I didn't want duplicates but I wanted the Revan figure, by the time I got the third item in my bag, it was too late.  Win some lose some 

• Like 1

Thank you for the opinions everyone! Ended up pulling the trigger on it.  I'm a fan of the Clone Wars series so it's attractiveness has increased for me as time has gone on.  I'll check TRU over the weekend and see if they have budged on the price.  Last I was there it was slightly above MSRP

Still salty over the 4th haha I couldn't decide on a third set to get in addition to the Vizsla and Malevolence and I didn't want duplicates but I wanted the Revan figure, by the time I got the third item in my bag, it was too late.  Win some lose some 

Don't feel bad, I was busy that weekend and didn't end up buying ANYTHING from SAH so I don't have a Revan.  I was lucky to find a Malevolence during Boxing week at 1/2 price but I just have the one.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...