9515 - Malevolence

stackables

• 3 months later...

Thoughts on this set? Came out last summer figure its got until the end of the year maybe next Summer? Do we think its a doubler after EOL or will stay low and not be to effective of an investment? Retail is 119. I'm wondering if it will break past 150 after EOL and get to around 220 - 250? Side note what's up with Count Dooku's Solar Sailer? Why is that performing so poorly for an EOL Star Wars set with a popular character?

i wouldnt do it judging off of the venator which makes a little profit being nisb while used is the same but the malevolence wasnt as great a set so i would think it would be less. on the other hand people might want it due to it being the only droid flagship. if you do buy it get on a big discount so you will atleast make some profit. its like a 50/50 good investment.

Its dipped below $90 before on Amazon. I'd probably feel better investing on it at that price point. You probably won't lose money on it, but it might take a while to see a decent return. It certainly doesn't have the appeal of the sail barge or even the gunship coming out in a few months, and those are the sets I'm going to be betting on.

IT'S JUST NOT A SET THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE CAN RELATE TO. ITS JUST OK IMO. ONLY PEOPLE THAT WATCH THE CLONE WAR CARTOONS EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS. EVEN THOUGH THE AT-TE AND ATTACK GUNSHIPS ARE IN THE CARTOON, IT WAS ALSO IN EPISODE 2 (CLONE WARS) STAR WARS TRILOGY'S. IM NOT GONNA PUT ANY MONEY ON IT. JUST DON'T FEEL IT WILL BE IN DEMAND OR A BIG WINNER. BETTER OFF INVESTING IN OTHER SETS FOR $119.

Thoughts on this set?

Came out last summer figure its got until the end of the year maybe next Summer?

Do we think its a doubler after EOL or will stay low and not be to effective of an investment?

Retail is 119.

I'm wondering if it will break past 150 after EOL and get to around 220 - 250?

Side note what's up with Count Dooku's Solar Sailer? Why is that performing so poorly for an EOL Star Wars set with a popular character?

I have yet to purchase one. Still waiting for a decent discount and everyone stocking it seems to be stingy with their pricing, despite it being a slow seller in my estimation. If I can get it at 30% off or better, I'll buy them all day everyday, but not for less than that.

Oh, and the Solar Sailer I think is a decent enough ship, but yah, I think the Dooku magnet hurt its sales so that doesn't seem to smart on Lego's part. Not sure they'll 2.0 it anytime soon though, so I like its chances...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in for a couple - shipped to Canada, they were just under 55 pounds each. Sears and TRU sell them at $149 + 13% tax here (in Ontario) so this is pretty darn cheap. If I'm confident I can sell them close to retail and still make a profit, I generally pull the trigger - low risk!

I'm in for a couple - shipped to Canada, they were just under 55 pounds each. Sears and TRU sell them at $149 + 13% tax here (in Ontario) so this is pretty darn cheap. If I'm confident I can sell them close to retail and still make a profit, I generally pull the trigger - low risk!

How did you get this for 55 pounds shipped? I see 60 pounds for the set + the small shipping fee for Prime.

Also, THIRTEEN percent? Ouch....

I'm not convinced it is a great investment personally, but I will buy them to flip due to local prices being much higher than that in the US.

I do love the Greivous minifig though.

I am on the fence about this set as well......they gave it the blue tie fighter job which makes no sense to me. Oh well I guess it won't hurt to have one or two just in case.

How did you get this for 55 pounds shipped? I see 60 pounds for the set + the small shipping fee for Prime.

One thing you need to know about buying from Amazon.co.uk is that the Brits have their tax already included in prices. When you add the set to your cart the price will stay the same, when you go through the checkout process and (in my case, select Canada) select your destination, if it is outside the UK the price drops to 49 pounds plus shipping. UK amazon shipping is 4.95 for the first item and two pounds more for additional items. Ordering 2-3 brings down the average shipping cost per set down a pound or two.

One thing you need to know about buying from Amazon.co.uk is that the Brits have their tax already included in prices. When you add the set to your cart the price will stay the same, when you go through the checkout process and (in my case, select Canada) select your destination, if it is outside the UK the price drops to 49 pounds plus shipping. UK amazon shipping is 4.95 for the first item and two pounds more for additional items. Ordering 2-3 brings down the average shipping cost per set down a pound or two.

I never paid attention to that. Definitely changes things on other potential purchases. Thanks for the heads up!

• 3 weeks later...

I picked one up shortly after the holidays for $85. Like Jaison said, it is only shown in the clone wars. But i still think that it would do good. Its a decent size ship and it is unique. I cant really see Lego doing a remake of this lego once it EOL's

I think it will do well mainly because it is the only large scale Droid ship that we have right now. Jaisonline, you are correct when you say that it was only in the Clone Wars Series. It did play a pretty big role in the episodes, so I am feeling pretty optimistic about this one. ;)