Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2019 Deals

Bold-Arrow

1 hour ago, Baragon said:

This seems early for such a steep discount on the Disney Train. At that price I might have buy it now for a personal build and punt on something else.

My theory is they are trying to get rid of the ones with imperfect stickers per the many reviews mentioning such. I am on the fence as I also think its a good price.

3 minutes ago, Baragon said:

What was the issue with the stickers?

Some of the rug stickers weren't lining up, misaligned. Seems like most regular consumers won't care. Doesn't seem like a reason to drop it $100 though. I bought it for 25% off from the disney store with a unique birthday coupon they sent me. Considering the castle pretty much has never been on sale I thought it was the best I would ever get. I will be surprised to see if it goes 30% off but I guess we have good sources.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

I see Amazon is just starting to drop more stuff to at least 30% off, there have been a dozen sets drop in the last hour alone.

Anyone have more info on 40% Millennium Falcon? The only info I can find is that it will be discounted sometime between Thursday and Cyber Monday.

18 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

What are the odds that the Disney Train Daily Deal is also on Lego SAH?  25%?  

I just really, Really, REALLY don't want to dive into the melee!  

Well I hope it is as we don't have a store within hundreds of miles of us.

Is there some investment logic I’m missing? Unless it’s for personal build, I’m failing to see the logic in investing in a non-retired product so early in its life cycle. The inventory costs alone is going to eat at your margins.

Unless there are resellers thinking that 30% off RRP, minus shipping costs, minus eBay costs is somehow worth the trouble.

1 minute ago, dx0520 said:

Is there some investment logic I’m missing? Unless it’s for personal build, I’m failing to see the logic in investing in a non-retired product so early in its life cycle. The inventory costs alone is going to eat at your margins.

Unless there are resellers thinking that 30% off RRP, minus shipping costs, minus eBay costs is somehow worth the trouble.

oh it's personal... It's super personal.

But I would imagine that at 30% off, with the minifigs worth so much by themselves, that there is some profit to be made.

2 minutes ago, dx0520 said:

Just parting it out right now with figures and the train pieces will bring in over $400 plus the promo's and VIP points you get.  All depends on your investment/sales strategy.

• Like 2

Some of the most experienced people start buying them up whenever they are on sale, and not everyone is looking for a quick flip. It is also the best price for a personal build.
  • Like 2