10246 - Detective's Office

DadsAFOL

How many 10246 Detective Offices do you have?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10246 Detective Offices do you have?

• 50 or more. I am the heir to Emazers.
    • 20-49
    • 10-19
    • 5-9
    • 2-4
    • 1 (for resale not personal build)
    • 1 (for personal build/undecided what to do with it)
    • None. I am Exciter1 and this set hasn´t been released in my location yet.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/30/2018 at 06:59 PM

I like it because things like a barber shop or pool hall weren't going to be worthy of a standalone modular building, but combining them together is fun.

Yeah it is kind of a neat set, combing a pool hall, barber shop, bakery and detective office all in once, basically just a misc. office building of sorts.

Kind of bummed though, would loved to have had a police station on par with the Fire Brigade.

I have no doubt that they will one day make a police station.  The good news is that by the time this happens, everybody will want the Detectives Office and it will be more scarce than that barrel of sweets that it comes with.  I have serious regrets about not discovering...rediscovering LEGO a few years earlier.  I missed out on Fire Brigade and many other great ones.  Moving forward I am very excited about this piece and I'm definitely going to take advantage of it.  I can already hear the conversations two to three years after this set is retired.  Patience is a virtue.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at this one, reading the review and my end thought is: I guess it looks good, but I hope it isn't a sign of things to come in the modular building series. I can appreciate variety within the buildings but I also like how many of the buildings (GE, TH, PC, in particular) have a great stature to them. The DO, like the PS and debatably the PR, blends in a bit more as more of a plain building. And that variety is good, not every building needs to be extravagant, but I do hope the next one has the size and exterior architectural detail that some of the older models have had.

I'm looking at this one, reading the review and my end thought is: I guess it looks good, but I hope it isn't a sign of things to come in the modular building series. I can appreciate variety within the buildings but I also like how many of the buildings (GE, TH, PC, in particular) have a great stature to them. The DO, like the PS and debatably the PR, blends in a bit more as more of a plain building. And that variety is good, not every building needs to be extravagant, but I do hope the next one has the size and exterior architectural detail that some of the older models have had.

The Pet Shop is the weakest Modular IMO.  Small.  Nothing special honestly.  This set is creative, unlike the Pet Shop.  

The Pet Shop is the weakest Modular IMO.  Small.  Nothing special honestly.  This set is creative, unlike the Pet Shop.  

Yeah we just built the Pet Shop and were disappointed to discover one of the buildings was virtually empty under the guise of "being repainted". This, despite having a lower piece count than the other identically priced modulars was a bit of a disappointment.

I'm also finding it a bit strange how much more detail they are adding to the backs of the buildings which is difficult, if not impossible, to actually display.

Someone needs to play the schmuck in this so I'll volunteer.

What set are we talking about?

The detective's office?

Really it is already gone?

If anyone has an extra one please PM me so I will not D.O. less, which can go with my B.O. less.

:)

$1000 and it's yours...