10246 - Detective's Office

DadsAFOL

How many 10246 Detective Offices do you have?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10246 Detective Offices do you have?

• 50 or more. I am the heir to Emazers.
    • 20-49
    • 10-19
    • 5-9
    • 2-4
    • 1 (for resale not personal build)
    • 1 (for personal build/undecided what to do with it)
    • None. I am Exciter1 and this set hasn´t been released in my location yet.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/30/2018 at 06:59 PM

I was just surprised to see that there were only 3 on each box...i have this feeling of having seen 4 somewhere...

When you look at the back, you see 3 sets, maybe you thought of 3 on the back + 1 on the front = 4 sets (but the one on the front is also on the back).

Or you saw the 10230 mini modulars:

'>

And the back of the PS displays this one on the corner, it looks wide so you could have thought there were 4 buildings side by side instead of 3.

BTW here are the back of the modulars. Feel free to check.

CC:

'>

GG:

'>

FB:

'>

GE:

'>

PS:

'>

TH:

'>

PC:

'>

PR:

'>

DO:

'>

(now I'm done with this off-topic, lol)

• Like 1

When you look at the back, you see 3 sets, maybe you thought of 3 on the back + 1 on the front = 4 sets (but the one on the front is also on the back).

Or you saw the 10230 mini modulars:

'>

And the back of the PS displays this one on the corner, it looks wide so you could have thought there were 4 buildings side by side instead of 3.

BTW here are the back of the modulars. Feel free to check.

CC:

'>

GG:

'>

FB:

'>

GE:

'>

PS:

'>

TH:

'>

PC:

'>

PR:

'>

DO:

'>

(now I'm done with this off-topic, lol)

you're right biniou! Counting how many modular are presented on the back of the box is not an indication of what is to retire next or else

Do they always only mention the two sets pictured on the box in the press release? Or is this another hint at GE, PS and TH retirement?  

(notice I said hint, not confirmation, as I know TLG never does everything the same)

Read the messages, few posts before yours.

:acute:

We have already talked about that.

Read especially this one: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/11637-10246-detectives-office/?p=367821

• Like 1

That's awesome about how the minfigures are smuggling in liquor (cough, candy) during prohibition!

I wonder why Astrid designed two modulars (TH and PC) and then Jaime took over again.  Is Astrid still with Lego?  I haven't seen her in the credits or a video for a while.

She's still employed at TLG. Jaime has mentioned they often cycle duties on annualized product. Obviously anecdotal.

But it's more fun to speculate she was managed out of creator expert due to this group deprioritizing TH until EOL signs surfaced.

Edited by mogwai

That's awesome about how the minfigures are smuggling in liquor (cough, candy) during prohibition!

I wonder why Astrid designed two modulars (TH and PC) and then Jaime took over again.  Is Astrid still with Lego?  I haven't seen her in the credits or a video for a while.

Maybe they binned her off after the TH sales

Read the messages, few posts before yours.

:acute:

We have already talked about that.

Read especially this one: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/11637-10246-detectives-office/?p=367821

I'm well aware that they always only show 3 in the photo's and that it means nothing.

I was specifically talking about mentioning only those 3 sets in the press release description. Which is why I said "Do they always only mention the two sets pictured on the box in the press release".  Have the other descriptions on previous releases only mentioned sets depicted in pictures on the box? Or did they include others that were not depicted?

I think they are bootlegging "candy" so they can enjoy it while playing pool. I guess the detective is trying to shut them down. If anything is going to get the modular line shut down, this has got to be it! lol

To me this proofs the fact that lego is putting its cross-hair more specifically on kids.