10246 - Detective's Office

DadsAFOL

How many 10246 Detective Offices do you have?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10246 Detective Offices do you have?

• 50 or more. I am the heir to Emazers.
    • 20-49
    • 10-19
    • 5-9
    • 2-4
    • 1 (for resale not personal build)
    • 1 (for personal build/undecided what to do with it)
    • None. I am Exciter1 and this set hasn´t been released in my location yet.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/30/2018 at 06:59 PM

OOS, delivery in 30 days.

Actually, they changed it back to available a little while ago. Hurry up and get it!

On a side note, the Lego store was INSANE today! It was so packed you couldn't get in! Way worse than black friday! On the way out I made a comment about it being a fire hazard or against fire code and a bunch of fully dressed firemen with axes and gear walked past me! They had 3 fire trucks outside and were hooking up the hoses to the fire hydrant! how strangely coincidental. No idea what happened though.

What are you waiting for? Build them! They are wonderful!

With me it still says OOS delivery in 30 days. First signs of EOL???

Haha EOL in one day?

Don't have the space now to build, but I have to build them because the whole street is waiting on them to get a place :)

• Like 1

Just opened mine to build it and one thing I immediately noticed that is different is that the instructions do not have a piece of cardboard with them to keep them flat.  Therefore, mine were curved because they were sitting at the bottom of the box.  For those that want pristine-looking instructions, it will be hard to get that with this set.  They are also in a sealed bag, not one with tape like before, so there is some protection for them, but don't expect them to be completely flat.  

On the positive side, the instructions are all in one thick book with a spine on it.  Also, the front and back covers are a nice matte finish that I have not seen before.  I really like the new look - just wish they still had the cardboard to keep them flat in the box.

Here is a unique review by Oky over on Eurobricks with black & white shots and everything.

15969387767_58ee347124_z.jpg

Lego City. It's a dangerous town. It may seem all happy and colorful at first glance, but if you've lived there as long as I have, you'd know that it's a dirty cesspool of crime and corruption. It seems like there is a bank robbery, jail break, or fire every day. The police refuses to use guns and seems to be more concerned about getting haircuts than fighting crime, so they're not really helping. And ever since candy got outlawed, several smuggling circles have cropped up all over town. This city has gone to the dogs, and that's why I decided to become a private eye, to solve the crimes that the bumbling police force can't.

• Like 3

Just opened mine to build it and one thing I immediately noticed that is different is that the instructions do not have a piece of cardboard with them to keep them flat.  Therefore, mine were curved because they were sitting at the bottom of the box.  For those that want pristine-looking instructions, it will be hard to get that with this set.  They are also in a sealed bag, not one with tape like before, so there is some protection for them, but don't expect them to be completely flat.  

On the positive side, the instructions are all in one thick book with a spine on it.  Also, the front and back covers are a nice matte finish that I have not seen before.  I really like the new look - just wish they still had the cardboard to keep them flat in the box.

I noticed the new Minecraft "the Mine" set had the instructions packaged the same way and the DO. I did like the instructions are a nice thick single booklet but would have liked cardboard too. I just finished building the DO this morning myself - really enjoyed building it!

• Like 1