10256 - Taj Mahal (2017)

Pseudoty

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

10256 Taj Mahal

Ages 16+. 5,923 pieces.
US $369.99 – CA $449.99 – DE 329.99€ – UK £299.99 – DK 2699.00 DKK

Discover the architectural wonder of the Taj Mahal!

Build and discover the Taj Mahal! The huge ivory-white marble mausoleum, renowned as one of the world’s architectural wonders, was commissioned in 1631 by the Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife, the Empress Mumtaz Mahal. This relaunched 2008 LEGO® Creator Expert interpretation features the structure’s 4 facades with sweeping arches, balconies and arched windows. The central dome, subsidiary domed chambers and surrounding minarets are topped with decorative finials, and the raised platform is lined with recessed arches. The model is finished with ornate detailing throughout and intricate tilework around the base. With more than 5,900 pieces, this set is designed to deliver a rewarding building experience and makes a great display piece for the home or office.

• LEGO® interpretation of the real-world architectural wonder, the Taj Mahal.
  • Relaunched 2008 model, featuring 4 facades with arches and arched windows; central dome, 4 subsidiary domed chambers and 4 minarets, all topped with decorative finials; raised platform lined with recessed arches; ornate detailing throughout; and intricate tilework around the base.
  • Divides into 7 modular sections for easier transportation.
  • Put your LEGO® building skills to the test with one of the largest LEGO models ever created
  • Special elements include 6 blue 16×32 baseplates, white 1x5x4 bricks with bow, lots of transparent elements, ‘Erling’ bricks and ‘jumper’ plates.
  • Measures over 16” (43cm) high, 20” (51cm) wide and 20” (51cm) deep.

26244771689_b96cbc581d_z.jpg?resize=625,

37311412204_e3556a66f2_z.jpg?resize=625,

37967281766_f934a1bd55_z.jpg?resize=625,

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

And if you are selling Lego for a living - someday soon, you just might find yourself applying for a job, at a car wash in NJ.

Speaking of car washing....I have been remodeling my car wash the past few weeks to reduce the number of employees. We have spent $750,000.00 to do so. Sorry, you are out of luck if you want a job washing cars. The trend is away from labor.

It is also the reason why I have been absent from the forums as of late. The car wash pays the bills and will get my attention first, unfortunately. Remodeling is a major pain in the butt and has taken away my free time. I can't even poop. LOL
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, inversion said:

That is right, but there is a clear pattern for which sets will be likely remade, anything else is low probability (only precedent is Toy Shop, which bombed). If you want to invest, just do not buy those. The era of skyrocketing CAGR of any half-decent set is over, and was over way before the re-releases. This happens to every market, it is called competition, and would still happen if there were no re-releases ever. Still, people who choose wisely are making money everywhere, on every market. If you look at the stock market, there are lots of stinkers, and lots of good opportunities. The stinkers do not make the good value stocks go away. The challenge is to find a new fresh market untouched by competition, or adapt.

I disagree on pattern, much less a clearly defined one.  This is just the beginning and worst is yet to come as far as investing.

Although I agree it is either adapt or die 

4 hours ago, MagicShop said:

100% correct... if they take the collectible aspect of Lego then it can be any brand of bricks that it just dont matter....
Why dont we have Ferrari remaking old cars and need cheap prices??? The is demand i'm sure :D but they need that if they want to be special they know that not everyone will be able to buy it... how can Lego be so stupid in smashing their one brand and becoming a simple toy and not a collectible item ??|?|

I only buy Star Wars sets, but it does matter still because they have the licensing.

4 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Speaking of car washing....I have been remodeling my car wash the past few weeks to reduce the number of employees. We have spent $750,000.00 to do so. Sorry, you are out of luck if you want a job washing cars. The trend is away from labor.

It is also the reason why I have been absent from the forums as of late. The car wash pays the bills and will get my attention first, unfortunately. Remodeling is a major pain in the butt and has taken away my free time. I can't even poop. LOL

You can always hire me to stand around warning your customers of the doom & gloom that awaits them (if they fail to keep their cars clean & well maintained).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

carwash.gif?1500344056

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonr said:

Out of curiosity, after buying over 100 Lego sets, I bought a couple of those "cheap knock offs" as they are described here.  I won't say which, but it starts with an L.  I wonder if people who are critical of them ever bought one?  

Not the "brand damage" to which I was referring. This has nothing to do with knock offs--it's about perceived value to the brand, and secondary market ("collectible") prices add to that value. 

It's how Lego gets people to buy a few bucks worth of plastic for $100 by slapping their name on the box.

43 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Yes....When it went live. They made a few thousand to sell. That was ether bad planning or a plan.

I think it was a plan (not bad planning).  They needed to hide the reveal.  So, make it at only one factory (and not China), keep the people involved to a minimum.  Minimize the shipping of the product.  Yes, you're limiting supply at launch, but you have a much bigger impact.

We know how quickly LEGO can mass produce and distribute.  We're almost exactly a month out.  Rumor got out this weekend.  Perfect time to launch.  These will be readily available.

• Like 1

I dont see this as bad sign. As an investor I wouldn't hold sets for more than 5 years post retirement, it is enough time for value gain, then sell and keep going. As a collector I would mind only if I have bought recently, if I have one I wouldn't care about new, if I dont have any I would rejoice and buy one for my collection.

• Like 3

So, I check on after a few hours at work to find 3 thread pages of Chima Fire Bikes, car washes, doom and gloom and Chinese counterfeits. Thank god there is less than a month till the thing comes out.

My take is this set was going to be a summer release but they delayed it, perhaps because the Star Wars movie also got delayed, and the Falcon would have been a May release and got put back to September. Maybe also that´s why the Snowspeeder got delayed. It´s all Disney´s fault.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

So, I check on after a few hours at work to find 3 thread pages of Chima Fire Bikes, car washes, doom and gloom and Chinese counterfeits. Thank god there is less than a month till the thing comes out.

My take is this set was going to be a summer release but they delayed it, perhaps because the Star Wars movie also got delayed, and the Falcon would have been a May release and got put back to September. Maybe also that´s why the Snowspeeder got delayed. It´s all Disney´s fault.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kumas said:

I dont see this as bad sign. As an investor I wouldn't hold sets for more than 5 years post retirement, it is enough time for value gain, then sell and keep going. As a collector I would mind only if I have bought recently, if I have one I wouldn't care about new, if I dont have any I would rejoice and buy one for my collection.

There aren't going to be any more collectors who will pay more than retail if they keep doing this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest TabbyBoy
15 minutes ago, WCH said:

Good thing I have been off loading my lego sets since about a year ago. Time to move my money into other investments, this is a bad look for investors. Now all old sets aren't safe from a remake.

Same here. LEGO have played their trump card to hammer resellers and knocker-offers in one hit. At the end of the day, it’s a product to be built and enjoyed, not to be kept in its box.

At last I can build a TM without paying through the nose.

Guest TabbyBoy
Just now, Klownicle said:

What comes around goes around, as much as Lego isn't for the investor, it hits them as the Investor buys in bulk from them.

If only we knew the proportion of resellers vs collectors vs builders.