75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

Guest TabbyBoy
On 24/09/2017 at 8:22 PM, Shewie said:

making a video with unboxing or SNAD returns can be used as a evidence?

A video is impractical as you'll need to film the entire process as follows:

1. Packing the item

2. Putting the buyer's address on the item

3. Showing that the item has not been tampered with after packing (CCTV footage?)

4. Dropping off at courier

The risk of selling this on eBay is simply too high as you'll lose your money, your beloved 75192 and the Final Value Fee. Of course, it it ever happened to me, I'd simply send the boys round to the shipping address.

I've taken eBay to court before and there is NO chance of winning as they have the best lawyers in their pocket already. I had to pay over £1200 in costs only for a £500 item where I lost the item, money and fees - I was livid! I've still got the case open with Trading Standards and I'm awaiting an appeal date. I've not make it public yet, but I have a story ready to send to one of our national newspapers.

I wish eBay would go bust as they are the biggest crooks out there!

5 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Well after getting through all 8 films and trying to work out which was the bigger mistake in the prequel films Jar-Jar or Hayden Christensens wooden acting, I finally finished the mighty Falcon.

I've no idea where it is going to live until I get my man cave but it was definitely worth every penny.

Next up will be to sort out some lighting.  Plenty of room behind the engine tubes for led strips and the rear left compartment has plenty of room for a battery box.

I don't care what price these get to before Christmas, I'm glad I built mine. 

20170926_015640.jpg

Good for you, that's what LEGO is all about - building it! I'd only ever resell now if it was to pay for another that I'll build. As a business, no way!

7 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I've taken eBay to court before and there is NO chance of winning as they have the best lawyers in their pocket already. I had to pay over £1200 in costs only for a £500 item where I lost the item, money and fees - I was livid! I've still got the case open with Trading Standards and I'm awaiting an appeal date. I've not make it public yet, but I have a story ready to send to one of our national newspapers.

Have you told the whole story before and I missed it?

Does anyone know if there’s been a recent update about a lack of stock? As I bought one to build but put it on Gum Tree to see if I got any offers for almost 2 weeks I didn’t hear anything then last night I got 5 different offers ranging from £850 - £900. I was just wondering if it was just a coincidence or people are getting more desperate.

1 hour ago, Floriano said:

Hi Guys, I have one on backorder with shipping to Orlando, FL due to Oct 8th. I plan to get another one earlier on store on the next few days. If successful, I would cancel my online order unless anyone is interested on making a deal. If you have any offers, please PM me.

I've been calling Orlando on their truck days every morning this week.  Have you heard anything yet?  I'd take your extra but no way for me to get the VIP card with it.  Lol

Edited by Klownicle

On 9/27/2017 at 7:20 AM, Sandwraith said:

Looks like Toronto stores got a healthy restock of over 10 each this morning, currently 5th in line :D

So i did end up getting 1 yesterday. The hype sure seemed to have died down, 30 or so people in line on release day (i was there and turned around when i saw the line), and only 7 of us at the location when it opened yesterday, 4 of them were there since 5am, we got there at 6:30 i believe. They all did sell out though as people came in at opening time and secured the last 4, but damn i could have got a lot more sleep haha. It was fun though, dragged the lady with me to keep me company ;) Pretty sure at least 1 in the line was dirty re-seller scum :P

Still have my backorder, considering what to do with it. Even selling at $100 over is nice because you also get the nice chunk of VIP points, but that would have to be locally, no way i'm risking selling this on ebay. The one i picked up is for building as i'm so impatient, did up to bags 3 last night, very similar to 10179 inside, but seeing all the differences makes it more fun! The interior areas for the minifigs are so cool to build.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dr.Dad said:

Really?!?
I've been on back order since the morning of the 14th and no movement yet.
I'll take the optimism though!

You can contact CS at this point and they can give you an estimated ship date. Can't get an estimated ship date on "waiting" but on backorder you can. Many of the backorders that recently switched are expected 8th Oct.

I've been thinking about this black VIP Card given with allegedly the first 20000 copies. What are the chances of some of these exclusive gifts being Falcon related? Filling in desired Falcon crew members from other episodes such as the much demanded Nien Numb and a new version of Lando. It would add lots of extra value/exclusivity for the early adopters.

Is this a pipe dream or a possibility?