75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

The actual lead designer of the Falcon was signing copies today at Skaerbeck along with the other dude that did the stickers and was in the designer video. Expect these Falcons to be hitting eBay soon. Should hopefully make a big dent in the resell values of the Leicester sq horde.

I've got invitation for this AFOL summit but I couldn't make it. But asked members of my RLUG to get me a Lego House if possible.

11 hours ago, Deadfraggle said:

Why do we want the resale value to come down exactly?

Wondering the same thing? 

Isn't it good for people on here as investors that these sets, especially the limited ones at Leicester Square, are doing so well? Shows the market is strong.

Those 150 are the special ones after all, as none had special first run certificates or anything. So those first 150 are the closest we can get to being "limited edition", surely that's a good thing?

Edited by andyposterfan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, andyposterfan said:

Wondering the same thing? 

Isn't it good for people on here as investors that these sets, especially the limited ones at Leicester Square, are doing so well? Shows the market is strong.

Those 150 are the special ones after all, as none had special first run certificates or anything. So those first 150 are the closest we can get to being "limited edition", surely that's a good thing?

Is that the market for useless pieces of cardboard or the plastic bricks one?

If it´s the first one then cardboard manufacturers will be delighted. If it´s the second, don´t worry, Lego will keep pumping these sets out till everyone owns one.

For me, it´s pure rarity value and when neither element is rare anymore, the price will crash down. AFter retirement the same. As everyone will hoard these now, it will have poor performance due to oversupply.

Edited by Val-E

Completely agree. The prices for the rare VIP cards is no more absurd than the prices for the signed falcons. There is no real value in the raw materials only in their scarcity. 

I just wonder if those prices will hold or more up or down significantly in the coming weeks.

some of the signed falcons are selling at the prices they closed at (even some of the ludicrous ones) others remaining unpaid and relisted.

Guest TabbyBoy

The scam risk is too high to list an expensive item like this. What if you get a SNAD case and the buyer sends you a trashed box containing Booger Bricks? eBay will unlikely help you. That's why I will NEVER list anything above £100 on eBay. Not to mention the high fees.

I also think that LEGO will be pumping these out to flood the market like other SW sets. I very poor long term investment IMHO unless it's 50% off.

15 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

FYI 

from what I heard the falcons numbered #6, 7 and 8 are all owned by the same family. Their purpose in queuing was to flip and they've been selling on eBay with varying success.

not judging just giving the background. 

Nothing wrong with that if Lego don´t enforce limits. Maybe they should have found 147 other stooges and cornered the market.

5 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

The scam risk is too high to list an expensive item like this. What if you get a SNAD case and the buyer sends you a trashed box containing Booger Bricks? eBay will unlikely help you. That's why I will NEVER list anything above £100 on eBay. Not to mention the high fees.

I also think that LEGO will be pumping these out to flood the market like other SW sets. I very poor long term investment IMHO unless it's 50% off.

The best thing about this set right now is it will divert attention and capital from the alternatives.

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Nothing wrong with that if Lego don´t enforce limits. Maybe they should have found 147 other stooges and cornered the market.

The best thing about this set right now is it will divert attention and capital from the alternatives.

do you sleep? haha everytime i open BP, new message from you... hahaha active!

Many of the sets are now on local adds, (just checked one big site), so i don't know but a good part of what were bough is now on adds..

4 minutes ago, Val-E said:

There are actual 4 of us covering all world time zones on shifts. I´m off in an hour and the Nexo hating one will be up next.

ok! I was like, this guy  is sooooooo active, im getting up from bed, he's there, im getting to bed hes there, coming from work, hes there... LOL but i like reading you so np!  it wasnt a complain just an observation

Edited by TargetZero
  • Like 1

If anoyone is curious, I managed to get the wheels and handle off the box without any damage.

As per the recommendation from this forum, I used a hair dryer in conjunction with a large knife to slowly coax them off.

The compound is still super sticky; could probably even reattach to the box if needed. (I put some wax paper over the sticky parts to preserve them)

6 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

making a video with unboxing or SNAD returns can be used as a evidence?

Just now, Val-E said:

But is it the same box and content you received?

I'm referring to situation when buyer is replacing box with bogus bricks and shipping this back to you, or even worse, shipping you empty box with printed label for hefty package.
and then you are receiving this back at your door step, filming whole process can be considered as a evidence?

4 minutes ago, Shewie said:

I'm referring to situation when buyer is replacing box with bogus bricks and shipping this back to you, or even worse, shipping you empty box with printed label for hefty package.
and then you are receiving this back at your door step, filming whole process can be considered as a evidence?

See my reply. How can you prove it IS the same box you are filming that came back (you didn´t open it and refill then seal it)? Do you get the delivery boy to stay with you while you film?

Also a SNAD could mean the customer is allowed to keep the item and the money. Ebay rules.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1