75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

3 hours ago, Mhd747 said:

Went to the lego shop and saw 75192 in person, never seen 10179 so was great t9 see this at the lego shop.

Has anybody bought a custom glass table to store 75192? I am thinking of buying one as got nowhere else to store it!

20170921_160257.jpg

No, but I did order some plexiglass and glue some time ago and built a box for the slave I. Worked out pretty well. I was surprised how sturdy it turned out.

I figure that it should be possible to create a completely transparent table with some thicker sheets and some short plexiglass pipes for the feet. Well, if you do not mind spending some time on that. You can order all this stuff at the right sizes so you do not have to worry about making clean straight cuts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kesh said:

No, but I did order some plexiglass and glue some time ago and built a box for the slave I. Worked out pretty well. I was surprised how sturdy it turned out.

I figure that it should be possible to create a completely transparent table with some thicker sheets and some short plexiglass pipes for the feet. Well, if you do not mind spending some time on that. You can order all this stuff at the right sizes so you do not have to worry about making clean straight cuts.

Contemplating whether to get a custom made glass coffee table or this perspex case and put on a table.

I'm useless with DIY so rather buy lol

The following link is for a UK company that makes custom made perspex boxes for lego. Link below is for the 10179 but they state they are making one for the 75192 (although dimensions for both models are the same, 75192 is £20 more...). 10179 Case is £100 excluding VAT, so after VAT and shipping 10179 case comes to about  £150.

http://www.puredisplay.com/pureshop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=4558&idcategory=143

Lego-10179-Millennium-Falcon-Display-1_d

2 hours ago, woobiee said:

a1c614e5b3b57eceb2036a380ef13ada.jpgb7976c5c16e0b38372fef15f3e9b8b06.jpg714fca358efc9be2a7471ccbe1adf7f8.jpg

33R7 seals.

Hope the last image isn’t blasphemy.

Haha!!  I just put the mega bloks enterprise together a couple of weeks ago!!  My fingers are recovering slowly from working with those pieces!  I did a time lapse video, and I think 1/2 the time is trying to find the pieces in the jumbled sea of bags of grey plates!

on topic...status went from "pretending to look around the warehouse" to "back order " about 2 days ago.

Looking at eBay, prices for signed MFs (with extras from the launch night) seem all over the place.

also looks like several keep getting relisted while at the other end of the scale some are on £4K + with several days left to run.

example:https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/122718707203   Arrays £2,300 after less than a day? 9+ days to go?

... anyone tracking the prices and moderating them for sold or not / best offers / realists?

(Val-E.  looking at you !)

Edited by andyposterfan

1 hour ago, andyposterfan said:

Looking at eBay, prices for signed MFs (with extras from the launch night) seem all over the place.

also looks like several keep getting relisted while at the other end of the scale some are on £4K + with several days left to run.

example:https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/122718707203   Arrays £2,300 after less than a day? 9+ days to go?

... anyone tracking the prices and moderating them for sold or not / best offers / realists?

(Val-E.  looking at you !)

You rang m´lord?

Yeah 25 of the 150 sets have been listed on ebay at some point. A lot of them are being relisted, only explanation is scam or NPB. I have a tool to check best offers but it doesn´t matter if the buyer never pays and Ebay doesn´t tell us that.

Got my Falcon yesterday, took a while to be shipped but arrived in the end. Then I had to watch in horror as the Yodel delivery guy stood in his van throwing boxes around to find the one he was delivering to me. Luckily LEGO had packed it in an outer box (this one got a bit beat up), then the thick box the sets get shipped to stores in (mine had a do not put on sale before Oct 1st sticker on it) so was fine. Usually when I order from Shop at Home, regardless of whether they have a promo offer on, they chuck some kind of polybag in with the order but got nothing this time. Wasn't expecting much but you'd think for £650 they'd throw us a bone.

Think I'll keep this one for building as the prices are pretty low after you factor in fees, shipping, insurance etc plus the risk of being ripped off.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mhd747 said:

Contemplating whether to get a custom made glass coffee table or this perspex case and put on a table.

I'm useless with DIY so rather buy lol

The following link is for a UK company that makes custom made perspex boxes for lego. Link below is for the 10179 but they state they are making one for the 75192 (although dimensions for both models are the same, 75192 is £20 more...). 10179 Case is £100 excluding VAT, so after VAT and shipping 10179 case comes to about  £150.

http://www.puredisplay.com/pureshop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=4558&idcategory=143

Lego-10179-Millennium-Falcon-Display-1_d

If one would have to buy the perspex, at 3mm that would cost at least 70 Euros I think, assuming the bottom is also perspex. I just looked up the prices of some online shop: about 30 Euro's per m2 for 3 mm 'budget' transparent plexiglass. But 3mm is rather thin for the top if you would like to use that as some sort of table. I think that it should be at least 5mm then... when glued. Even thicker when screwed, as using screws is less strong than glueing. If just used as a display case this is fine I guess.

Prices for perspex are more or less linear with the amount of material. Plexiglass, perspex, and acrylic are all the same thing by the way.

Note that this is also 'just plastic', just like Lego.

4 hours ago, jackanape said:

Think I'll keep this one for building as the prices are pretty low after you factor in fees, shipping, insurance etc plus the risk of being ripped off.

I decided to go down this path as well. I was tempted to try and QF, but as you said, only $200-300 profit after everything. 

Instead, first thing I did was dig out all of the mini figs and list on ebay for $50/ea. Classic Han & Leia went fast. 

This way I can get the profit but keep the ship for myself! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jackanape said:

Usually when I order from Shop at Home, regardless of whether they have a promo offer on, they chuck some kind of polybag in with the order but got nothing this time. Wasn't expecting much but you'd think for £650 they'd throw us a bone.

Such a bummer, remember you are covered with 90 days return policy so call CS reflect your overall disappointment and willingness to return because there was no poly inside nor bloody poster.

I can send you fridge stickers from Force Friday if you wish so.

18 minutes ago, Shewie said:

Such a bummer, remember you are covered with 90 days return policy so call CS reflect your overall disappointment and willingness to return because there was no poly inside nor bloody poster.

I can send you fridge stickers from Force Friday if you wish so.

Ha ha, I'm assuming you're being sarcastic. But if not I don't think I'm going to go the extreme of shipping this huge ass set back to LEGO - especially when a lot of people are struggling to even get a copy. I just thought it was unusual considering the cost of the set and the usual generosity of LEGO when they ship big items out. First world problem, but was more an observation than anything else.

Went into a store last week to see it in the flesh (as they had a display copy) and heard a guy say to staff that it was coming out on Oct 1st which was his birthday so he was excited to buy it on the day. Imagine he'll be pretty bummed to discover that stock issues may well scupper his dream.

11 minutes ago, jackanape said:

Ha ha, I'm assuming you're being sarcastic. But if not I don't think I'm going to go the extreme of shipping this huge ass set back to LEGO - especially when a lot of people are struggling to even get a copy. I just thought it was unusual considering the cost of the set and the usual generosity of LEGO when they ship big items out. First world problem, but was more an observation than anything else.

Went into a store last week to see it in the flesh (as they had a display copy) and heard a guy say to staff that it was coming out on Oct 1st which was his birthday so he was excited to buy it on the day. Imagine he'll be pretty bummed to discover that stock issues may well scupper his dream.

I'm still not set on the stock issues.  All the Lego Stores around me received stock this week, either today or yesterday, and report stock will continue to show up to call on their truck days.

Edited by Klownicle
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jackanape said:

I've seen this a lot on facebook/twitter/etc of people getting excited for the Oct 1 release. My first thought was why aren't they VIP members? its free! And my second thought is "ohh boy some people are in for a shocker".

19 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

I've seen this a lot on facebook/twitter/etc of people getting excited for the Oct 1 release. My first thought was why aren't they VIP members? its free! And my second thought is "ohh boy some people are in for a shocker".

shhhhhh, don't tell anyone else about the VIP program and early release, we dont' want more competition!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Klownicle said:

I'm still not set on the stock issues.  All the Lego Stores around me received stock this week, either today or yesterday, and report stock will continue to show up to call on their truck days.

How do the stores handle someone trying to buy a second one in the store?  Does their VIP card get flagged and prevent repeat sale?

its just interesting that they have back orders but still sending to the stores. The complete opposite of my experience previously with any high demand product of other companies. 

The fact that there are so few Lego stores, and that's the only place you can get them for the foreseeable future, is conducive to putting multiple sets in a small number of hands. Make sense?

if the store wasn't so far away, I would certainly try to get a second one and not mess with backorder. Plus in store stock is likely to be earlier production from Mexico. 

This way seems the least "fair" way of going about things. (Dad voice in head says "Life isn't fair!")

8 minutes ago, Dr.Dad said:

How do the stores handle someone trying to buy a second one in the store?  Does their VIP card get flagged and prevent repeat sale?

its just interesting that they have back orders but still sending to the stores. The complete opposite of my experience previously with any high demand product of other companies. 

The fact that there are so few Lego stores, and that's the only place you can get them for the foreseeable future, is conducive to putting multiple sets in a small number of hands. Make sense?

if the store wasn't so far away, I would certainly try to get a second one and not mess with backorder. Plus in store stock is likely to be earlier production from Mexico. 

This way seems the least "fair" way of going about things. (Dad voice in head says "Life isn't fair!")

You can buy multiple.  They are still pushing the whole we are getting into stores first to get some in hands of customers and the we won't have for release on 10/1 due to the vast amount of online backorders.  

It's the same calculated repsonses to the general public that they have used on pretty much every anticipated release the last few years.  

Good for flippers that is for sure 

So there's one on the shelf in Cleveland, Beechwood store I think. No holds allowed. Sounds like you need to call Thursday evening, verify they are getting them the next morning. The shipment arrives before store opening and you better be in line then. Kinda shady that Lego won't reroute them to VIP orders that are Waiting on Stock. But it also sounds like you can buy in store even if you have one on order.