75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

I think someone asked about this a few days ago, but I cannot find the post.

I had a conversation with a Lego customer service rep yesterday about the black VIP card. They said every person who purchases a 75192 would get a new card. It makes me think they want to label me so I can't purchase more than one.

I also asked about first edition certificates of any kind. What I was told was the only MF sets sold with any type of collectible certificates of authenticity were sold at the London store on opening night.

• Like 1

I got mine in store today.

Many on wait list who believed they were being held for them showed up as the store opened. They were livid when they ran out and found out it was first come first serve. One guy was red in the face with veins popping out yelling at the guy in charge.

Now the decision on whether to build now (could take months with a 1 year old), or sell and get one when the chaos ends with the profit. Leaning towards trying to sell locally and stashing the cash for later.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

Local store received 7 released at opening today.  Had “official” queue like launch day.  I was fortunate enough to be #5 1 hour before opening.  Manager is really concerned may not receive anymore for a long time.   

Where is your local store? Do you classify it as a major store among other in your region or is it an ordinary Lego store? I'd like to figure out if it needs to be a "special" store to receive 7 units or not...

4 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

I got mine in store today.

Many on wait list who believed they were being held for them showed up as the store opened. They were livid when they ran out and found out it was first come first serve. One guy was red in the face with veins popping out yelling at the guy in charge.

Now the decision on whether to build now, or sell and get one when the chaos ends with the profit.

Do you know how many they had to sell?

4 minutes ago, Floriano said:

Where is your local store? Do you classify it as a major store among other in your region or is it an ordinary Lego store? I'd like to figure out if it needs to be a "special" store to receive 7 units or not...

Do you know how many they had to sell?

Midwest.   Only store in my state.  

• Thanks 1

Just came back from my local store. They said they had 10 today -- I was #6ish.

Luckily I went an hour early to line up. Everyone in line had a call yesterday to pick up set at opening time, but did not mention it was first come first serve. The wait list is now rescinded.

So basically the 'wait list' was just a complimentary heads-up call.

Box is huge; won't fit in the trunk!

IMG_2807.jpg

• Like 2

The line I was in today was great. Everyone was bashing the scalpers for ruining the fun for everyone. Lots of naughty words dropped. One even called out BP by name for being the scalping community.

I even joined in on the bashing... you dirty scalpers... all the while I was posting my ads on craigslist and facebook market just to put some feelers out there to see if someone could make it worth my while to sell.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

The line I was in today was great. Everyone was bashing the scalpers for ruining the fun for everyone. Lots of naughty words dropped. One even called out BP by name for being the scalping community.

I even joined in on the bashing... you dirty scalpers... all the while I was posting my ads on craigslist and facebook market just to put some feelers out there to see if someone could make it worth my while to sell.

They were all members as well.

• Like 4

I am currently in the "waiting for new stock" online crowd. Does anyone know if I were to get lucky in finding an MF in store, would I be blocked from purchasing since I have an online order made, with the online limit being one? Also, in the lucky scenario, would the store be able to count the in store purchase as fulfilling that online order/cancel the online order in place of the in store order? 

2 hours ago, woobiee said:

Just came back from my local store. They said they had 10 today -- I was #6ish.

Luckily I went an hour early to line up. Everyone in line had a call yesterday to pick up set at opening time, but did not mention it was first come first serve. The wait list is now rescinded.

So basically the 'wait list' was just a complimentary heads-up call.

Box is huge; won't fit in the trunk!

IMG_2807.jpg

nice car!