75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

FYI 

from what I heard the falcons numbered #6, 7 and 8 are all owned by the same family. Their purpose in queuing was to flip and they've been selling on eBay with varying success.

not judging just giving the background. 

Yeah, I had the unfortunate pleasure of having a conversation with the guy on eBay and he was not pleasant when I asked him a question about the VIP card. Hope that this backfires on them. The listing for no 8 has already dropped back by £500 and still no takers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shewie said:
I'm referring to situation when buyer is replacing box with bogus bricks and shipping this back to you, or even worse, shipping you empty box with printed label for hefty package.
and then you are receiving this back at your door step, filming whole process can be considered as a evidence?

You must be new around here because eBay, Amazon and PayPal don't care at all about what you say you sent. It only matters that you refund the buyer.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Yeah, I had the unfortunate pleasure of having a conversation with the guy on eBay and he was not pleasant when I asked him a question about the VIP card. Hope that this backfires on them. The listing for no 8 has already dropped back by £500 and still no takers.

I've heard from a few places that these guys come across as dodgy and hard to deal with.

The irony is it's putting off buyers, who are going elsewhere for their sets and paying more.

It's a shame really. Flipping one I think is fine (expeicibgiveb the tempting profit) but taking 3 in one go just to flip is a bit too greedy for such an event where people were desperate to join but couldn't.

but being difficult and hard to deal with when reselling just isn't how decent Lego folk act. I guess for every 10 or so people you wet on eBay who are genuine fans (whether buyers or sellers) you get the odd  one who is difficult.

21 minutes ago, Val-E said:

See my reply. How can you prove it IS the same box you are filming that came back (you didn´t open it and refill then seal it)? Do you get the delivery boy to stay with you while you film?

Also a SNAD could mean the customer is allowed to keep the item and the money. Ebay rules.

Tracking number? ok well basically you would need to film the whole process of signing the package with tracking number on Delivery Guy transponder. nevermind the question.

2 minutes ago, Shewie said:

Tracking number? ok well basically you would need to film the whole process of signing the package with tracking number on Delivery Guy transponder. nevermind the question.

It was a good idea, but plenty on here have experience that Paypal just don´t care if you are the seller. All you can do is keep your account at 0 and unlink your CC or B/A.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Cheese said:

4 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

Number #1 and #2 belongs to the same family as well. This wheelchair guy which we could see before was there with his partner that made a purchase with him. So he has now possibly the most desirable numbers #1 and #2

8 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

I've heard from a few places that these guys come across as dodgy and hard to deal with.

The irony is it's putting off buyers, who are going elsewhere for their sets and paying more.

It's a shame really. Flipping one I think is fine (expeicibgiveb the tempting profit) but taking 3 in one go just to flip is a bit too greedy for such an event where people were desperate to join but couldn't.

but being difficult and hard to deal with when reselling just isn't how decent Lego folk act. I guess for every 10 or so people you wet on eBay who are genuine fans (whether buyers or sellers) you get the odd  one who is difficult.

When you're looking to sell something for over £5k, you expect some questions from buyers.  Instead you get a 'how dare you ask me a question.  Are you going to buy it?  Makes some QFLL look like Saints.

On 9/23/2017 at 2:20 AM, andyposterfan said:

I'm not convinced this set is that expensive / low profit for TLG.

at the end of the day it's manufactured in an automated process and boxed up. Apart from Disney licensing they have no third party costs, it's their product after all. No need for any special components. Sure it's heavy but many things are.

It's very expensive I think there is plenty of profit for TLG.

The margin in the product itself may be consistent with other products... that doesn't negate it's other issues.... like size, low volume, and higher risk.

Since we are talking TRU here.. we are talking about retail.  In retail, shelf space is an important commodity.  Inventory is intended to CYCLE, not sit.  Sitting inventory is cost as it's taxed and potentially depreciating.  Unlike a private reseller, a retailer is not intesting in holding out and waiting to sell something.  The space that sitting item is taking up is losing them money compared to that same space being used for something actively selling.  And why retailers will aggressively put things on clearance.. instead of just 'waiting for a buyer'.

A set like 75192 is less desirable for retail because

• It's extremely large - meaning it takes up expensive shelf and warehouse space
  • It's a price point completely different from your average shopper in that aisle meaning its difficult to promote and attract the right buyers
  • Its a low volume product.  10% on $800 may sound great...    but 20% on $60 x 30 sure sounds alot better!!
  • Deadhead, damaged, or returns on such a high cost product are a huge liability

Often vendors diffuse these risks for retails by offering different programs where the retailer is almost like a consignment instead of just buying stock.  TLG isn't going to make friends with it's retailers if it sticks them with open box or 'faulty' returns on high cost sets.  TLG would also have to pay them a lot of money to get them to showcase these products because of the increased space these products need.  Getting your product on the endcap with those big displays isn't something that just happens by chance :)

But the TL: DR is...  high dollar, low volume, risky inventory is always less desirable vs high volume, easy to manage product.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

When you're looking to sell something for over £5k, you expect some questions from buyers.  Instead you get a 'how dare you ask me a question.  Are you going to buy it?  Makes some QFLL look like Saints.

You can spot a T-wat when they use all caps also wtf would you say good luck on a buy it now.

Then calls it a very special gift card why add the word very

Then claims the card will "That will one day open the doors the the Lego Star Wars universe in very special ways." Not very sharp and seem to be sniffing solvents with that particular description

Reading further it calls the signers legends? ?

Sounds like they are desperate for money to get their fix.

Edited by Will 4
  • Like 1

We could start a new 75192 fruitcake thread with some of these classics;

FEW EXTRA BITS TO GO WITH THIS ITEM WHICH WE WERE GIVEN ON THE KNIGHT OF THE LAUNCH OF THE MILLENNIUM FALCON

Good luck probably means good luck in receiving the item after you pay for it. Feedback not great either.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, eliminator said:

If anoyone is curious, I managed to get the wheels and handle off the box without any damage.

As per the recommendation from this forum, I used a hair dryer in conjunction with a large knife to slowly coax them off.

The compound is still super sticky; could probably even reattach to the box if needed. (I put some wax paper over the sticky parts to preserve them)

I just opened the box from the botttom no need to take the handle or the wheels off. The box may fetch a dime in the future

8 hours ago, *stardust* said:

I just opened the box from the botttom no need to take the handle or the wheels off. The box may fetch a dime in the future

I kind of wish I did that with mine, but at the same time I was kind of ok with taking the handle off. Planning on keeping my shipping box so I can store the Millennium Falcon box inside of it.

4 hours ago, waddamon said:

Wow over 200 sellers now on eBay.  That is nuts.  Everyone, I mean Everyone is hoping for a 10179 repeat.  It will be blood in the streets.

I guess they have a week left to get rid of them before TLG "finds" new stock. Of course there will be a lot of returns unless the next batch also sells out.

Something like 20% of the LE signed ones have already been listed on Ebay. Some queue that must have been.

5 hours ago, Val-E said:

I guess they have a week left to get rid of them before TLG "finds" new stock. Of course there will be a lot of returns unless the next batch also sells out.

Something like 20% of the LE signed ones have already been listed on Ebay. Some queue that must have been.

I wonder if they will “find” some stock to fulfill my online LEGO Shop at Home order before they “find” stock for the Oct. 1 in store release. Something tells me they will find a way to have at least a handful of units available in store on the October 1st “launch” date. 

Has as anyone has their “waiting for more stock” order status change into any other status?

6 minutes ago, BaconBoss2015 said:

I wonder if they will “find” some stock to fulfill my online LEGO Shop at Home order before they “find” stock for the Oct. 1 in store release. Something tells me they will find a way to have at least a handful of units available in store on the October 1st “launch” date. 

Has as anyone has their “waiting for more stock” order status change into any other status?

I haven't. My is stuck at "waiting..." I agree with you that it's likely they will have some in stores for launch day. And I'll be on the queue this time!

50 minutes ago, BaconBoss2015 said:

The store's appear to have no clue when stock will be arriving.  They just keep saying call during their truck days.  My local store received stock on Thursday of last week for the first time after the release, but then again, I am in FL so the weather during and after the VIP release may have had an effect.  However most stores over the US appeared to all get stock within the same day or two.  I heard someone report that their store was supposed to get stock today.  Haven't seen any further reports of stock today tho.  I live an hour and 30 from the local Lego store.  I'm only gonna dance the stock game throughout this week otherwise I'll just watch online.  Too much a pita waking up to call the store at 5am. They also only get trucks during the weekdays not weekends.  My job doesn't exactly make it easy to "request" a half day to waste buying a Lego. :-p

Oct 1st is a Sunday, so in theory, the Lego Store locally would need a truck on Friday where they keep the stock for Sunday?  Does Lego receive "special" trucks for release day deliveries?

Edited by Klownicle

41 minutes ago, Haydencoe said:

#2 has just gone on eBay now, I bet it’ll do well!

So let´s see. Numbers (and these could be box or VIP card) listed so far are; 2, 6,7,8,9,21,24, 33,35,39,70,74,80,83,96,100,102,108,109,114,124,138,142, 150 and 2 with secret numbers.

That´s 26 out of 150 SO FAR. So almost 20% of those waiting all day for these were doing so as scalpers.  When people claim resellers are not important consumers of Lego, I think that´s quite a clear answer they are.

Edited by Val-E

47 minutes ago, Val-E said:

So let´s see. Numbers (and these could be box or VIP card) listed so far are; 2, 6,7,8,9,21,24, 33,35,39,70,74,80,83,96,100,102,108,109,114,124,138,142, 150 and 2 with secret numbers.

That´s 26 out of 150 SO FAR. So almost 20% of those waiting all day for these were doing so as scalpers.  When people claim resellers are not important consumers of Lego, I think that´s quite a clear answer they are.

38 is up too. 0 feedback seller lol

• Like 1

What I heard from a Customer Rep today when I asked her if I should cancel my order and order another with 2x VIP:

"The October launch is delayed.  We don't have a new date for the launch.  We might offer another VIP order date before the official launch.  Don't cancel your order if you want one.  All backorders will be filled before any official launch.  You are lucky to have placed an order."

She convinced me not to cancel.  Maybe that is the official speech, but the MF announcement is no longer on the home page, and there is no reference to Oct 1st anymore.

Decemeber 1st launch anyone?

2 minutes ago, belljohn said:

What I heard from a Customer Rep today when I asked her if I should cancel my order and order another with 2x VIP:

"The October launch is delayed.  We don't have a new date for the launch.  We might offer another VIP order date before the official launch.  Don't cancel your order if you want one.  All backorders will be filled before any official launch.  You are lucky to have placed an order."

She convinced me not to cancel.  Maybe that is the official speech, but the MF announcement is no longer on the home page, and there is no reference to Oct 1st anymore.

How could they underestimate Soo badly as to completely delay till December 1st.  Utter failure as a company to screw up that bad.

4 minutes ago, belljohn said:

You have what 60 days to return after it is received? Sit tight and wait for 2xVIP or another promo then return the first order  if the 40USD of extra VIP points is worth it to you.

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

You have what 60 days to return after it is received? Sit tight and wait for 2xVIP or another promo then return the first order  if the 40USD of extra VIP points is worth it to you.

The Lego Shop at home purchases do not have a restocking fee or any return fee as the ones int he B&M ???