Harry Potter 2018

CM4Sci

Is 63 your target price or how many you'd buy at $69?

These are the numbers for initial Walmart stock:

41615 BrickHeadz Harry Potter & Hedwig  6  $         11.97
75950 Aragog's Lair  8  $         12.93
75951 Grindelwald´s Escape 5  $         16.82
75952 Newt´s Case of Magical Creatures 3  $         44.73
75953 Hogwarts Whomping Willow 3  $         59.68
75954 Hogwarts Great Hall  3  $         99.97
75955 Hogwarts Express  3  $         69.00

2 hours ago, Loghamel said:

Is 63 your target price or how many you'd buy at $69?

These are the numbers for initial Walmart stock:

41615 BrickHeadz Harry Potter & Hedwig  6  $         11.97
75950 Aragog's Lair  8  $         12.93
75951 Grindelwald´s Escape 5  $         16.82
75952 Newt´s Case of Magical Creatures 3  $         44.73
75953 Hogwarts Whomping Willow 3  $         59.68
75954 Hogwarts Great Hall  3  $         99.97
75955 Hogwarts Express  3  $         69.00

exactly 1 case of each 

2 hours ago, Elkkthunder said:

seems that way, plus there was supposed to be double points as well on 2 sets

I'm heading to my walmart to try and get the two sets that were supposed to be double VIP.  Between the two, the combined discounted off retail from Wal-Mart is greater than the value of double VIP, anyway.

Update: I placed an order online for "Pick-up Today" then I'll have them match the in-store price upon pick-up.  Earlier this morning I went to one of my local Wal-Marts right away (7 AM) and talked to an assistant manager who was in the main clearance aisle.  She said it would be unlikely for me to see those new sets on the shelves until next week even though they have them in stock because they simply don't have the room in the aisle.  They're planning a complete overhaul of the toy and Lego section particularly next week.  The 4 ft section dedicated to clearance Lego in the Lego aisle was full already so they were moving some older Lego to the main clearance aisle.  I could have hassled them on the spot to go look in back but I just decided to order it online to kind of give them a few hours to go look for it and so I could get my butt to work.

Edited by MusiKyle
Update

25 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

I'm heading to my walmart to try and get the two sets that were supposed to be double VIP.  Between the two, the combined discounted off retail from WalMart is greater than the value of double VIP, anyway.

Ha, all Walmart stores around me are showing zero inventory of the HP lego. Perfect.

45 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

I'm heading to my walmart to try and get the two sets that were supposed to be double VIP.  Between the two, the combined discounted off retail from WalMart is greater than the value of double VIP, anyway.

What sets are you showing there being a discount off retail?

Walmart and their BH pricing must be a sign. The two newest SW models started at $7.97. Now the packs with the mini models are starting at $11.97? These must only be moving at sale prices. Even though I am a fan, I will wait until they drop down, but their stock levels in-store have significantly dropped.

Anyways, ill probably peek into two of the local WM stores around where I work. One is significantly more organized than the other so maybe they do have inventory even though BL shoes none and doesnt reflect any of those prices. Really weird to see in-store less than online these days.

7 hours ago, carini26 said:

Loghamel already posted in-store prices above.  I did get two HE's @ $69 this morning, but Asst Mgr had to go back to retrieve.

I should have done that.  The order I placed on their website for In-Store pick-up first got delayed, then canceled.  They've got the inventory, I think it was just the standard routine of "On the shelf?"... "No"... (canceled).

17 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

I should have done that.  The order I placed on their website for In-Store pick-up first got delayed, then canceled.  They've got the inventory, I think it was just the standard routine of "On the shelf?"... "No"... (canceled).

All prices I see online are NOT the in-store reflected prices above. Is your technique to buy online for in-store and then return for the in-store price?

13 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

All prices I see online are NOT the in-store reflected prices above. Is your technique to buy online for in-store and then return for the in-store price?

you won't be seeing the instore price online. your best shot is purchasing online for the instore pickup, walmart will then adjust the price to its instore tag upon pickup. Not sure if it's still the case as some folks said walmart stopped doing that a couple of months ago.

it's up to the employee for the return and rebuy, always ymmy

2 hours ago, Dlambert2004 said:

Our B&N was well stocked with HP sets. No minifigures. The build event was a disorganized mess. But my daughter did get to build her little HE. Cute minibuild. Got a certificate of completion too. Hope if there are future LEGO build events, they get it together better than today.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Nearly identical to Dimensions build except I think windows are blue translucent in BN build and clear in Dimensions build.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 10:53 AM, ravenb99 said:

Out of the first 5 released 75955 + 75956 are supposed to be exclusive after the Target exclusive prelaunch from 7/1-7/31.

This is what I'm confused about.  If 75955 is a Target exclusive how is Amazon selling this and a few Walmarts (with limited availability)?

The Harry Potter set 75955 was never suppose to be a Target Exclusive, where ever that Rumor came from was %100 wrong, the Hogarts 75955 is in the 2018 wholesale catalog, and has been since January. The only Target exclusive HP set is the 75956.

Edited by emazers

1 hour ago, Mulliganman said:

This is what I'm confused about.  If 75955 is a Target exclusive how is Amazon selling this and a few Walmarts (with limited availability)?  Obviously can't be now.  So it has gone everywhere.  

Never said Target. I said it was originally and still is tagged an exclusive.  So most likely was TRU.  Seeing they are not around it went multiple places like others have. 

4 sets now available at KMart.com, for those with SYW points to burn. Hot Buy so coupons won't work, but I got a Newt's Magical Suitcase for $15 after a $5 on $35 FC and Sweeps points. Combines with the stackable $10 back on $30 offer as well. Other sets are Aragog, grindelwald's escape and hogwarts great hall.