Harry Potter 2018

CM4Sci

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

4 sets now available at KMart.com, for those with SYW points to burn. Hot Buy so coupons won't work, but I got a Newt's Magical Suitcase for $15 after a $5 on $35 FC and Sweeps points. Combines with the stackable $10 back on $30 offer as well. Other sets are Aragog, grindelwald's escape and hogwarts great hall.

At least a couple of the sets are listed at 10% over RRP, tho.

24 minutes ago, mizeur said:

At least a couple of the sets are listed at 10% over RRP, tho.

I've never understood this whole "over RRP" markup that various US stores slap onto desirable sets. In Canada, it's all RRP at TRU, other major retailers, and even at small independent toy shops.

Edited by eliminator
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, eliminator said:

I've never understood this whole "over RRP" markup that various US stores slap onto desirable sets. In Canada, it's all RRP at TRU, other major retailers, and even at small independent toy shops.

but of course you understand the waytf over RRP markup that most brickpickers hope and dream of one day gouging getting for the same said set, right?

??

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, southendsox said:

Found this new HP and Unikitty minifigure display. Does anyone know where Perceval is on these? I did not have time to smoosh through them. From the last series, I recall one policeman being in the upper left corner.

hp2018.thumb.jpg.49df4f0da9b4084f4160411749bbc822.jpg

Is this at Wal-Mart?  I've only seen them at Target pre-release and then they were gone and one box at Barnes & Noble which is now gone.  Nothing anywhere else since.

2 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

Is this at Wal-Mart?  I've only seen them at Target pre-release and then they were gone and one box at Barnes & Noble which is now gone.  Nothing anywhere else since.

I saw one at Walmart last night.  About 1/3 gone and looked like a bunch had been smooshed already.  I didn't feel like going through them so I'll wait for my box to come in.

59 minutes ago, keith1833 said:

I saw one at Walmart last night.  About 1/3 gone and looked like a bunch had been smooshed already.  I didn't feel like going through them so I'll wait for my box to come in.

Wonder if your tracker shows stock or if they still show zero?  When I use B-Seek in my area they all show Qty 0.  Similar thing happened with the 40th anniversary pack, went from 'no results in your area' to zero stock but at least showing a list of stores, to several stores having Qty 180 then the numbers started trickling down and that meant they put them out.  Been checking frequently, tired of driving around for these.

26 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

Wonder if your tracker shows stock or if they still show zero?  When I use B-Seek in my area they all show Qty 0.  Similar thing happened with the 40th anniversary pack, went from 'no results in your area' to zero stock but at least showing a list of stores, to several stores having Qty 180 then the numbers started trickling down and that meant they put them out.  Been checking frequently, tired of driving around for these.

A few days ago I bought three at a local walmart that is currently showing 0 stock, but also never showed stock in the first place. Seems like walmart doesn't do much stock control on polybagged sets. It also seems like there is always one store in my area (never the same one) that just marks them down immediately.

1 hour ago, MusiKyle said:

Tracker shows stock for the two stores I was at last night.  Strange thing is that it shows 120 at the store where I actually saw them and 167 at the other one that I didn't see them at.  I'm not trusting it though.  There were about a dozen series 18 left at the one store, but everything in my area shows 0 stock.  Someone could have cleaned them up, but I doubt it.

10 hours ago, Phil B said:

Does that matter with all the free money SYW hands out? I just got a newly released set for 70% off. Good deal IMHO. I don't recommend paying the list price at KMart, ever :)

I tend to treat points like they're cash rather than as a discount for purchasing decisions.

7 hours ago, southendsox said:

Found this new HP and Unikitty minifigure display. Does anyone know where Perceval is on these? I did not have time to smoosh through them. From the last series, I recall one policeman being in the upper left corner.

hp2018.thumb.jpg.49df4f0da9b4084f4160411749bbc822.jpg

it appears wally employee rearranged the bags, in this case, there is no easy way to know the location of percival unless you smoosh each individual bag

Boy do I have a Target story. Little late to the find Percival game but thought I’d give my local Target a spin anyway. Found a customer service person, their scanner said minifigures in checkout aisles and N43 in the toy section. Hit N43, one lone unikitty fig on an endcap. Scour the checkout lanes, nothing to be found anywhere. ask the rep to check the back he says there are five packs. I wait, he brings out three HPs, a Ninjago, and a TLBM. I snag thee HPs. Bring them home and check the feel guide and lo and behold, one Luna, one Harry, and one Percival. I feel like I just blew through my entire LEGO luck stash for the year with that. Just too easy!

Btw if anybody needs a Hogwart’s Express right away I can get for RRP+$30 ea.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

42 minutes ago, southcollector13 said:

Grainy image of new Diagon Alley... it is microscale to match 71043

DA.jpg

OMG, I was somewhat right. Maybe a Hogsmeade WILL happen if DA is Nanoscale.

On 7/25/2018 at 3:23 PM, CosmicSpeed said:

We will just have to MOC a Microscale Hogsmeade and have a pathway from the Whomping Willow to the Shrieking Shack

Seems like Lego might be learning from missteps with Star Wars and over production. Provide Minifig scale for play and some display potential, nanofig scale for display and some play. Rumors have a minifig scale Diagon Alley coming next year.

Edited by CosmicSpeed

1 minute ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Mods, how does BP handle C&D's? Reddit and r/lego has been hit hard lately for leaks. I think especially with the Simpsons and Newt/Percival Brickheadz and now this Diagon Alley. Just a clarification of how to proceed here would be nice.

We usually let them preview and then remove them later if Lego suits go all suity on us.