10193 - Medievel Market Village

Spartikis

Hi Folks,

I have just won this and received it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161045038390?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I bid a used price as the box has been opened. However now I have a slight dilema, should I build it or keep it as is. All the packages look original. There are 16 of them. I have had a look but I cannot find if this is the right number. Can anyone who built this set remember if that is right?

As the packages are still sealed I am wondering if I devalue the set by opening them further. I believe the set can be described as NIB at the moment rather than NISB. S of course means Sealed :)

It came with a vintage 6103-2 set as well which I will sell to offset the cost.

I think that 16 is correct, but I will need to check. I have one stored away (sealed bags, open box), that I was able to confirm the bag count on (but I can't recall my source). Either way, I will check when I can & let you know (unless someone else confirms the # first).

It is a great set, and I always thought it was one of the best deals. Certainly opening it will decrease its value, but it also sounds like you would enjoy the build.

I think that 16 is correct, but I will need to check. I have one stored away (sealed bags, open box), that I was able to confirm the bag count on (but I can't recall my source). Either way, I will check when I can & let you know (unless someone else confirms the # first).

It is a great set, and I always thought it was one of the best deals. Certainly opening it will decrease its value, but it also sounds like you would enjoy the build.

Superb, thanks very much.

This is one of my favorite sets in a while. I was lucky enough to pick one up at retail last year when they were giving away the Hulk Mini figure. It's an awesome set and if you're into castle stuff at all, BUILD IT. You're probably going to be better off in a 5 year plan to build it now and confirm everything is in tack than try to sell it for major profit years from now only to be missing a polybag with no way to replace the pieces for a reasonable price.

Thanks all. I am very tempted to build it. If I can can somewhere to put it! :)

I also have another properly sealed one that I bought at RRP before it went EOL. I think we will see

Ok - I count 16 plus the cows package.

Hey everyone, just need some input...so I found these two retired sets that I really like (personal collection and investing) and want to see how others feel about the price.  Medieval Market Village 10193 ($165 CAN) and the Troll Fortress 7097 ($150 CAN).  New mint boxes.  Obviously I'm over paying compared to when I missed it at retail but it's hard to find it cheaper on secondary market once you factor in delivery etc.  

Buy 1 or both?  Do you think these sets have potential to go higher in value?  Thanks.          

Guest ph4tb0i

Ooooh, really hard to say about Medieval village. If it's for yourself then just buy it, otherwise I'm seeing that set hit around 200-250 tops, so you kind of have to calculate your overhead and how much you'll be making on it. On top of that you're looking at a high risk of a reprint or a similar set being made in the near future with Lego's castle line out right now. 

Not sure about the other set. 

Guest ph4tb0i

I agree. Investing in these sets will lead to lower profits since you are paying over retail for it.

Problem is that it really depends on set vs set since Cafe Corner / Green Grocer were big exceptions to this rule. However I don't think either of those sets will reach Cafe Corner / Green Grocer pricing anyways... 

Agreed, those are not investment prices, perfectly fine for your own collection but it isn't very good use of investment money. The troll fortress is one I really wouldn't look into as seriously simply because it likely won't have the same lasting value as the market. If they are for your own collection, are mint boxes necessary? Can you find them used for cheaper? I don't know, just some things to think about. 

I know how you feel.  I got into Legos late in the game and missed out on the castles stuff.  So I went ahead on got this for my own collection:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330950830895?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Pretty good deal for 480 w/ shipping, considering it included a bunch of baseplates and extra minifigs. 

I went ahead and bought a mint Medieval Market Village for $130 anyways, just because its really an incredible set.  If it goes up in value, I would sell, otherwise I wouldn't mind using it to expand my kingdom.

Quick thought:  Should I get another 7946 to expand that castle?  One thing I don't like about Lego castles is that the walls are so damn short!  Anyone who can jump can easliy hop that.

Thanks for the all the input guys and being objective...for whatever reason we all have particular sets/themes we like :)  After thinking about it and reading all the comments, I will probably not buy either sets.  Sometimes if you miss it you miss it right?  Still have a lot of LOTR sets I haven't touched/opened and can build etc.  Probably wise for me to save the $300+ for future deals.       

That's a nice medieval set/lot for sure pkieu87.  

• 7 months later...

Never picked this set up during it's last year available, very early 2013. Wondering if anyone believes that a price of $140 would be a good deal for this set. I want to get two of the recent King's Castle sets, didn't get them when amazon had them on sale for $70 a pop, what a bummer, and a couple Gatehouse Raids to make one large L shaped Castle. I can't decide whether to hold off on this purchase or get the MMV now, wait for the KC to be on sale again and get those then, or just completely skip out on it entirely.

Thoughts?

Also, if you have personally built it, would you say the build was fun, average, or boring? Your rating on the set?

• Like 1

Never picked this set up during it's last year available, very early 2013. Wondering if anyone believes that a price of $140 would be a good deal for this set. I want to get two of the recent King's Castle sets, didn't get them when amazon had them on sale for $70 a pop, what a bummer, and a couple Gatehouse Raids to make one large L shaped Castle. I can't decide whether to hold off on this purchase or get the MMV now, wait for the KC to be on sale again and get those then, or just completely skip out on it entirely.

Thoughts?

Also, if you have personally built it, would you say the build was fun, average, or boring? Your rating on the set?

If you want to build it you should grab it.  The MMV will be going up in value while the others will stay stagnant since they are still in production.  It's a really fun build...if I remember correctly no numbered bags either.  

I just went to look up how much I paid for mine, and realized I never logged it into my Brickfolio.  Glad you brought this up!

I had a crazy experience trying to buy one from a dishonest eBay seller.  In the end, I got one off of Craigslist for $125.  Bought it for personal build reasons (going to make it a big part of my Winter Village).

This is a very nice set, and it looks like it will continue to go up in value.  I'm lukewarm on it at $140, as I got mine just about 6 weeks ago at the $125 price.  But, if you want it, and can't find it any cheaper, get it now.

I actually passed this up numerous times when it was still in production...even a Target sale with a bonus gift card.  I've never forgiven myself and have been hunting for a used one at a reasonable price.

Little reason to think this has peaked, so try to get a good deal now before it rises further.

I'm also surprised it hasn't risen more at this point...but if I remember correctly it was at retail for quite some time, so there should be quite a few NISB sets out there...

I actually passed this up numerous times when it was still in production...even a Target sale with a bonus gift card.  I've never forgiven myself and have been hunting for a used one at a reasonable price.

Little reason to think this has peaked, so try to get a good deal now before it rises further.

I'm also surprised it hasn't risen more at this point...but if I remember correctly it was at retail for quite some time, so there should be quite a few NISB sets out there...

That's a good point.  The set I picked up for $125 off of CL was NSIB.  So the deals are still out there.

So, I bit the bullet! Found a MISB for only $125, with free shipping to boot! Really glad I picked this up, now to wait for the King's Castle to go on sale... I will stalk you Amazon.... By the way, fun build, and I also love the fact these are the gosh diddly darn full buildings, instead of the half structures we usually get.

Have any of you seen the creator Bike Shop? Seems to be a similar size to these, and definitely a set I'll be picking up for my City. Only disappointing feature is the price, I expected it would be 80 US instead of 90 US, being that it is unlicensed. I'll still shell out the 90 for it, just a bit surprising. I'ld rather pay more for less, if the quality is there, rather than paying less, and getting less quality wise.